DJI Terra System Requirements
3169 4 2022-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pinterberti
lvl.1

Hungary

Hi,
Planning to do 2D agricultural mapping with P4 Pro.
I have a question regarding DJI Terra, it says that @Different hardware configurations will have no impact on the model results generated.@, however, when I am trying to bind the activation to my laptop, it says -No CUDA graphics card detected. Unable to use reconstruction-related features.- So, can I use my current pc as it will process, just a bit slower, or it wont be able to execute anything with DJI Terra and I should upgrade my pc. It would only be used for agricultural 2d mapping, and route planning for T30.

my pcs has:
11th gen i7 1185g7 @3GHz (8CPUs)
16gb of ram,
512 SSD
but intergrated GPU, intel, with 8gb of total memory.

Or can I use it for mapping, but for futher reconstruction, I need another pc binded with more calculation capacity.

Thanks in advance!
2022-3-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi, not sure it will work with your configuration. i remember about something missing without CUDA device. After everything will depend on the size of the map that you will ask the software to make. You can send me a set of photos if you want to have an idea about how the results will look like.
2022-3-25
Use props
pinterberti
lvl.1

Hungary

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-25 12:41
Hi, not sure it will work with your configuration. i remember about something missing without CUDA device. After everything will depend on the size of the map that you will ask the software to make. You can send me a set of photos if you want to have an idea about how the results will look like.

Hi,

Took me a while to get some good weather, stable enough to fly the P4pro, please see link below, any many thanks for your help in advance!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mqDL0Uc49roFdrYuZ7k49r4Jdr0dZPLs?usp=sharing

I have flown only once with these settings and did not have enough time to fly a new one with different camera settings, it was on smallest f.f value and on ISO 100 as I remember, in the morning hours.

Kind regards,

Bertold
2022-4-5
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,
I also did the job with Metashape because the set of pictures is too dark. With Metashape results are correct. With Terra look like a map done by night. Maybe someone have better experience with Terra to solve this problem ? After Post processing in GQIS it is possible to get a better result. painful
Metashape :
HR Metashape.JPG
Terra :

Terra

Terra

Most probably you could try to adjust/reset your camera settings. Auto mode is often the best for mapping.
2022-4-8
Use props
pinterberti
lvl.1

Hungary

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-8 11:52
Hi,
I also did the job with Metashape because the set of pictures is too dark. With Metashape results are correct. With Terra look like a map done by night. Maybe someone have better experience with Terra to solve this problem ? After Post processing in GQIS it is possible to get a better result. painful
Metashape :

Hi,

Many thanks for your help!

I used manual mode, with yt recommended settings, looks like the morning light was not enough for it, I will try the auto mode as well next time. Also the new PC that can run the Terra should arrive later this week, so I can try doing it with several settings/results.
Many thanks for your help once again,

Kind regards,

Bertold

2022-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules