DJI Virtual Flight Simulator Won't Connect to iPhone SE (iOS 15.4)
6062 32 2022-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ebpp98
lvl.2
Flight distance : 365640 ft
United States

Have connected iPhone to Goggles V2 using lightening to USB cable adapted with a USB-C OTG dongle. Selected "Remote Controller" from the Select Control Method screen. Powered off the aircraft, as suggested, the app icon continues to spin and desplays "Connecting."
Tom

2022-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tom. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please update all device firmware to the latest version before installing DJI Virtual Flight ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight ) to see if the issue will persist. Thank you.
2022-3-26
Use props
djiuser_oCCKT1aBGCfN
New

United States

Hi I have the same issue on iphone 13 pro, ios15.4. I also checked on iphone 8+(ios 15.4) with different cable issue still exist for virtual flight app. Everything seems to work fine with the dji fly app.
2022-3-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_oCCKT1aBGCfN Posted at 3-27 01:23
Hi I have the same issue on iphone 13 pro, ios15.4. I also checked on iphone 8+(ios 15.4) with different cable issue still exist for virtual flight app. Everything seems to work fine with the dji fly app.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please restart the DJI FPV aircraft, DJI FPV Goggles V2 before linking again. Power off the aircraft. Connect the goggles to the DJI Virtual Flight app on the mobile phone and check whether the app can be connected. If the issue persists, please connect the DJI FPV Goggles V2 to DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) to refresh the firmware. Restart the goggles and try to connect several times.
2022-3-27
Use props
ebpp98
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-26 19:48
Hello there Tom. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please update all device firmware to the latest version before installing DJI Virtual Flight ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight ) to see if the issue will persist. Thank you.

Attempted to check the firmware version of the Goggles V2 but the DJI Assistant does not display the version related page - as was the case when I activated the Goggles and downloaded the latest version of the firmware seven days ago. The dialog box says that I need to contact DJI support. When I check the latest version via the Goggles it reports the version that I'd previously downloaded.

Regrettably, I'll return the Goggles and the Smart Controller to Amazon since I'm within the 30 day return period.
2022-3-27
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.2
United States

iPhone 11 same issue. Purchase drowned three days ago now this problem
2022-3-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ebpp98@gmail.com Posted at 3-27 08:47
Attempted to check the firmware version of the Goggles V2 but the DJI Assistant does not display the version related page - as was the case when I activated the Goggles and downloaded the latest version of the firmware seven days ago. The dialog box says that I need to contact DJI support. When I check the latest version via the Goggles it reports the version that I'd previously downloaded.

Regrettably, I'll return the Goggles and the Smart Controller to Amazon since I'm within the 30 day return period.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know have you returned the aircraft already?
If not, would you please perform the troubleshooting steps below?
1. Would you please tell us the  SN of your DJI FPV Goggles V2 and remote controller? Ensure that each firmware is the latest version before retrying.
2. Check whether the USB cable connecting the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and the app can transmit data. Use another USB cable and retry.
Thanks!
2022-3-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BRAINVISION Posted at 3-29 08:48

Hello, there. Would you please also check the steps below to see whether it works?
1. Would you please tell us the SN of your Goggles and controller? Please ensure that each firmware is the latest version before retrying.
2. Check whether the USB cable connecting the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and the app can transmit data. Use another USB cable and retry.
3. Restart the DJI FPV aircraft, DJI FPV Goggles V2, and DJI FPV Remote Controller 2  before linking again. Power off the aircraft. Connect the goggles to the DJI Virtual Flight app on the mobile phone and check whether the app can be connected.
4. If the issue persists, please connect the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 to DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) to refresh the firmware. Restart the goggles and try to connect several times.
2022-3-29
Use props
djiuser_sr76XNSs584S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10909 ft
Kazakhstan

Faced such a problem. iPhone 12 Pro Max after updating to iOS 15.4 in the application, the picture began to crumble, when you enter the menu, the picture starts to crash, the glasses freeze and reboot, and so on in a circle. The problem was solved after a rollback to 15.3.1, but when you upgrade to 15.4, the problem returns. I'm using the original lighting. On another iPhone with a different firmware, the problem is solved. What can be done?
2022-3-30
Use props
djiuser_sr76XNSs584S
lvl.1
Kazakhstan

Some gays on Reddit also this problem https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/tgwbnm/i_was_trying_to_fly_on_dji_virtual_flight_with_my/
2022-3-30
Use props
ebpp98
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-29 20:35
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know have you returned the aircraft already?
If not, would you please perform the troubleshooting steps below?
1. Would you please tell us the  SN of your DJI FPV Goggles V2 and remote controller? Ensure that each firmware is the latest version before retrying.

Yes, equipment was returned. Have reordered the DJI FPV Combo from Amazon and expect delivery today. Will reattempt connection to DJI Flight Simulator and report back with results.
2022-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_sr76XNSs584S Posted at 3-30 02:29
Faced such a problem. iPhone 12 Pro Max after updating to iOS 15.4 in the application, the picture began to crumble, when you enter the menu, the picture starts to crash, the glasses freeze and reboot, and so on in a circle. The problem was solved after a rollback to 15.3.1, but when you upgrade to 15.4, the problem returns. I'm using the original lighting. On another iPhone with a different firmware, the problem is solved. What can be done?

Hi there, we are sorry for the DJI Virtual Flight and iOS 15.4 compatibility issue. Our engineers are aware of this issue and will fix it by releasing a new version of DJI Virtual Flight. This problem is not a hardware problem and will not affect the real flight. You can temporarily use a lower iOS version to virtually fly.
2022-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_sr76XNSs584S Posted at 3-30 02:40
Some gays on Reddit also this problem https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/tgwbnm/i_was_trying_to_fly_on_dji_virtual_flight_with_my/

Thanks for the information. Our engineers are aware of this compatibility issue and will fix it by releasing a new version of DJI Virtual Flight. Thanks for your support and understanding.
2022-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ebpp98@gmail.com Posted at 3-30 07:05
Yes, equipment was returned. Have reordered the DJI FPV Combo from Amazon and expect delivery today. Will reattempt connection to DJI Flight Simulator and report back with results.

Thanks for the confirmation. Hope the new one works fine. If there is any issue with it, please feel free to contact us.
2022-3-30
Use props
ebpp98
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-30 23:01
Thanks for the confirmation. Hope the new one works fine. If there is any issue with it, please feel free to contact us.

Mindy,
The combo came, all three devices were activated and firmware updates performed using DJI Fly app.

Video in the left eye of the Goggles only works intermittently. This happens both while using the Simulator (when the aircraft is powered off) and without the Simulator (when powering up all devices to get a camera view and check status before flying. Note: I've not yet attempted a real flight - only time in the simulator.

I have successfully used the simulator with vision in both eyes. However, when the problem starts (say after 5 minutes of successful simulation) the Goggles go black for approximately one second and when they return the left eye is dark and the right eye image is fine. Then, then black out scenario repeats every 15 seconds or so. Thereafter, it is impossible to continue flying in the simulation.

Sometimes the problem can be resolved by power restarting both Goggles and Controller but other times  this doesn't correct the problem. All of my experiments have been using fully charged Goggles battery and controller battery.

Tom      
2022-3-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ebpp98@gmail.com Posted at 3-31 16:28
Mindy,
The combo came, all three devices were activated and firmware updates performed using DJI Fly app.

Hi, Tom. Really sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers were aware of this case and working on it. The coming version of DJI Virtual Flight will get this thing fixed. Please wait patiently.

Besides, may I confirm that the left eye of the goggles will also have no video feed when you don't use the Virtual Flight, right?
2022-3-31
Use props
fanseb311160
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-31 20:12
Hi, Tom. Really sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers were aware of this case and working on it. The coming version of DJI Virtual Flight will get this thing fixed. Please wait patiently.

Besides, may I confirm that the left eye of the goggles will also have no video feed when you don't use the Virtual Flight, right?

Yes, that is correct.
2022-4-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fanseb311160 Posted at 4-1 09:37
Yes, that is correct.

Hi, there. Sorry for the late response. Please try to refresh the firmware by DJI Assistant 2 (FPV series). If the problem persists, we recommend you send it back to repair. Sorry for the unpleasant experience caused.  Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2022-4-4
Use props
fanseb311160
lvl.2
United States

Gamora,
Regrettably, I returned the DJI FPV Combo to Amazon because of this issue and I was within the allowed return period. I should say that I attempted your suggestion of updating firmware. The DJI Assistant 2 did not recognize the Goggles when connected to my iMac with the USB cable. Next, I attempted using the DJI Fly app on my iPhone and got a response that all firmware was current.
Tom
2022-4-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fanseb311160 Posted at 4-4 05:22
Gamora,
Regrettably, I returned the DJI FPV Combo to Amazon because of this issue and I was within the allowed return period. I should say that I attempted your suggestion of updating firmware. The DJI Assistant 2 did not recognize the Goggles when connected to my iMac with the USB cable. Next, I attempted using the DJI Fly app on my iPhone and got a response that all firmware was current.
Tom

Hi, there. I am sorry for the bad experience caused. We fully understand your choice. I hope we will have the opportunity to give you a better service experience.
2022-4-5
Use props
Spaxs
lvl.2
Germany

Faced such a problem. iPhone 12 Pro Max after updating to iOS 15.4 in the application, the picture began to crumble, when you enter the menu, the picture starts to crash, the glasses freeze and reboot, and so on in a circle. The problem was solved after a rollback to 15.3.1, but when you upgrade to 15.4, the problem returns. I'm using the original lighting. On another iPhone with a different firmware, the problem is solved. What can be done?

this is exactly the same issue i am suffering from since i updated goggles and ios os on iphone 13 pro.
2022-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Spaxs Posted at 4-5 10:19
this is exactly the same issue i am suffering from since i updated goggles and ios os on iphone 13 pro.

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We are sorry that the DJI Virtual Flight and iOS 15.4 have a compatibility issue. Our engineers will fix it by releasing a new version of DJI Virtual Flight. Hope you can wait for the update patiently.
2022-4-5
Use props
djiuser_sr76XNSs584S
lvl.1
Kazakhstan

Well, has someone solved the problem? When to wait for the program update, more than a month has passed since the release of 15.4?! Has anyone tried ios 15.5 beta 2?!
2022-4-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_sr76XNSs584S Posted at 4-20 08:21
Well, has someone solved the problem? When to wait for the program update, more than a month has passed since the release of 15.4?! Has anyone tried ios 15.5 beta 2?!

Hi, there. My sincere apologies in regards to this experience. We have urged the relevant team to solve this problem asap. Thank you for your patience.
2022-4-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_sr76XNSs584S Posted at 4-20 08:21

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This compatibility issue has been resolved by our engineer, but it still takes a while to upload to the App Store. You could try to download this version of Virtual Flight as a temporary solution. We will send you the link via PM.  Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_oCCKT1aBGCfN Posted at 3-27 01:23
Hi I have the same issue on iphone 13 pro, ios15.4. I also checked on iphone 8+(ios 15.4) with different cable issue still exist for virtual flight app. Everything seems to work fine with the dji fly app.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This compatibility issue has been resolved by our engineer, but it still takes a while to upload to the App Store. You could try to download this version of Virtual Flight as a temporary solution. We will send you the link via PM.  Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

BRAINVISION Posted at 3-29 08:48

2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Spaxs Posted at 4-5 10:19
this is exactly the same issue i am suffering from since i updated goggles and ios os on iphone 13 pro.

2022-4-29
Use props
djiuser_sr76XNSs584S
lvl.1
Kazakhstan

DJI Thor Posted at 4-29 23:25

Give me please link on new version, thnx
2022-5-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_sr76XNSs584S Posted at 5-2 05:20
Give me please link on new version, thnx

Hello, there. We have sent you the link. Please check your PM. Thanks!
2022-5-2
Use props
paolot
New

Poland

Can You send me a link to the fixed version of an app?
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

paolot Posted at 5-22 03:47
Can You send me a link to the fixed version of an app?

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. And please go to the App Store to update the latest version. Thank you again for your support.
2022-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules