Is there a button to activate / de-activate ACTIVE TRACK
3784 10 2022-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
American Lagomorph
lvl.2
United States

Am I crazy? Or is it only activated by first pressing the tiny box on the monitor that says "TRACK?"

Overall, Active Track is working pretty well for me once it is turned on -  but it would be nice to turn it on with a handgrip button the same way AF can be turned on from handgrip.

For instance, could there be an option  to re-map the M "Sport Mode" button on the handgrip to turn on Active Track? It's difficult to press that tiny icon on the screen while i'm moving and shooting.

Thank you DJI!

2022-3-26
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 830564 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You hold the button on the left hand size on the hand grip (next to exp).

Which puts it in unhighlighted track mode (yellow) - which looks for faces. This is smart ROI mode.

You then still have to press the on screen track button. Then you can press the hand button again and it goes green and then it tracks.

I'm sure the manual explains it that you engaged active track mode then press the same button again to lock on. But it doesn't work like that.

2022-3-27
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To me track should highlight when you press the handgrip button.
2022-3-27
Use props
radcity
lvl.2
United States

Hey Rone4d,

Thanks for the reply. Yep, exactly, that is my issue. I want the handgrip active track button to ENGAGE the active track function when it is held down (not toggle between smart roi and whatever alternative track mode i've chosen, like spot or wide).

Pressing it once to turn it yellow and then pressing it again to turn it green makes sense. The issue is reaching to the screen to press track while filming.

To put it simply, why can't the handgrip active track button toggle the function on/off just like the handgrip auto focus button does?  

2022-3-27
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25794 ft
  • >>>
France

radcity Posted at 3-27 09:06
Hey Rone4d,

Thanks for the reply. Yep, exactly, that is my issue. I want the handgrip active track button to ENGAGE the active track function when it is held down (not toggle between smart roi and whatever alternative track mode i've chosen, like spot or wide).

+1

Totally agree
2022-3-27
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely.

There a few times like this where you seem to have to hold the camera with one grip and press the screen.

2022-3-27
Use props
radcity
lvl.2
United States

I think I figured this out. But it's not exactly what we're asking for.

After you hold the active track button on the handgrip, and you see the yellow box,
THEN you must press the active track button again to turn the box green.
THEN you can hold down the left grip trigger to toggle-on the active track - but it's only activated as long as you hold the trigger button.

2022-3-27
Use props
JDCams
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2970659 ft
  • >>>
Canada

radcity Posted at 3-27 15:23
I think I figured this out. But it's not exactly what we're asking for.

After you hold the active track button on the handgrip, and you see the yellow box,

Thanks for this - really useful info. Not ideal though. As you said before, being able to remap a button to toggle Active Track on and off would be really useful. It's not ideal having to take your hands off the group every time you want to flick between. Surely DJI must be looking into giving the 4D the ability to remap user buttons?
2022-3-30
Use props
jnyquist
lvl.1

United States

Have you tried using your nose?
2022-4-22
Use props
radcity
lvl.2
United States

jnyquist Posted at 4-22 08:22
Have you tried using your nose?

LOL. I'm already using my nose to adjust WB on the fly.
2022-4-22
Use props
jnyquist
lvl.1

United States

It appears if you press and hold the trigger on the left handle it activates/deactivates ACTIVE TRACK
2022-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules