Stuck "Updating..." Goggles after unboxing
4446 5 2022-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa2a3c8c0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6033 ft
United States

I just unboxed a DJI FPV 2 hours ago. Now I've tried to activate everything from an ipad and it required a firmware update. It's been 20 minutes since the goggles started to show an arrow up image and a frozen "Updating..." text. I'm not sure what to do but I'm close to shutting everything off and trying again. A bit scary to shut stuff down during a firmware update. Wish me luck.
2022-3-27
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I wish you luck! How did it work out?
2022-3-27
Use props
fansa2a3c8c0
lvl.1
United States

After the restart, the goggles say that I must do a firmware update before I continue. For a moment there the ipads weren't detecting the goggles so I left it. Came back after a few hours and now all the batteries are at 100%, tried again.

At about 54% the ipad says:

Installation failed(-3005)

I hit the "Retry" button that popped up on the ipad. It does nothing.

The goggles still say "Updating". I calculated how much time it should take based on how long it took to get from %46 to %52. It was 4 minutes. So the remaining %48 should take 32 minutes. I hope the goggles are indeed updating independently of the ipad. I'll have to get back to you on that.
2022-3-27
Use props
fansa2a3c8c0
lvl.1
United States

It's been 40 minutes since I started the firmware update and it failed midway according to the ipad. I don't think the goggles will finish the update on their own. I'll reboot everything and try a third time.
2022-3-27
Use props
fansa2a3c8c0
lvl.1
United States

I guess third time is the charm. If you wondered how long it takes to firmware update the dji fpv - it's 26 minutes.

Each time the firmware update failed, I had to reboot the ipad to get the DJI Fly app to notice the goggles are connected.

In my third attempt to firmware update, I tried 2 things differently:

1. I put an SD card in the goggles. Maybe the firmware update requires storage?
2. I did not touch the goggles at all at any stage. Not even to look at the "updating..." screen, and not when it beeped. Maybe the cables were finnicky?

So I don't know which thing fixed it. But now it seems the drone and goggles are on the latest firmware and I'm good to go. Not sure why the remote isn't on the same firmware, but I'm ok with that. Cheers and thanks.
2022-3-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to perform the firmware update using the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC? or Mac I will provide a download link below. You may also refer to the tutorial video below (start in 1:10) for your reference. Please keep us posted for us to further help you. Thank you for your valued support.

Download here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... nt-2-dji-fpv-series

Tutorial video:

2022-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules