1462 64 2022-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicFit91
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a good read. Very informative and appears to be written in good faith.

https://www.suasnews.com/2022/03/dji-mavic-3-gps-module-issue
2022-3-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Why post this? Ian has already posted this here ver batim. One question - since the problem showed up after the December FW update, how could it possibly be a hardware problem? It IS a serious terrible coding mistake by DJI. Only DJI can fix it.
2022-3-29
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-3-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is a massive difference in the person who wrote this than the other article posted here. One this guy can fully stand over what he said. Other guy is a shyster who spends his time here creating hysteria. He posted his article said he had proof, but when the proof was produced it was then found to be fake and not from any source except the shyster who wrote the article.

The problem is Fake articles cause hysteria and instead of concentrating on trying to force dji to sort the problem. It just leads to uproar noise and more noise and that is what the FAKE article was about. The shyster who wrote and posted it has posted so many FAKE posts over the years designed to confuse . They offer no solution but to cause Havoc between members here now and in the future.

Everybody here just wants dji to fix the problem or come out and admit its a problem and it will take time but spell it out for everyone. We shouldn’t have to read this muck posted by someone who can offer no proof changes his name like Madonna changes Frocks. Everyone should be knocking on djis door looking for answers , but this narcissistic idiot thinks everything needs to revolve around his over inflated ego.

I think Mads will clear it up, but its a pity we couldn’t ask him to use his influence to get dji to come forward and explain this even through him. Instead he’s left having to prove this clown wrong .

People should if they can report their times here, post logs to dji and continue to demand answers about their problems. They shouldn’t have to be going to dji with the crap some well know Liar posts to try cause hysteria.
2022-3-29
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of the debates I have found interesting but totally irrelevant (IMHO):  Is it hardware or firmware?  My take:  I don't care.  Some of the conversations are interesting, but the issue of is it firmware or hardware (or a mix) is of zero relevance to what I think is the most important question:

Can firmware solve this issue?  I don't know, but I have hope.

Hubble Space Telescope:  The telescope went into orbit with a hardware defect (the mirror was defective).  Until a hardware solution was provided to improve Hubble's vision, there was a temporary software solution deployed to improve the issue.

Galileo Space Probe:  The high gain antenna failed to deploy, and was inoperable.  The solution was to employ compression software and to use a lower bandwidth (but still functional) antenna.

Hubble Space Telescope (again):  As the telescope aged, Hubble lost use of the minimum number of gyro's to operate.  A "software" solution contributed to allowing Hubble to operate under the minimum.

Ingenuity Drone (yes, it's a space theme):  Ingenuity functioned perfectly for its first 5 flights (it's original mission).  One issue it had was a software bug that impacted it's VPS, and that was fixed.  But additional software was deployed to allow it to operate beyond it's original specs.

I have reason to believe that firmware can solve this issue.  WHY this hasn't happened yet is another question.
2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-29 08:03
There is a massive difference in the person who wrote this than the other article posted here. One this guy can fully stand over what he said. Other guy is a shyster who spends his time here creating hysteria. He posted his article said he had proof, but when the proof was produced it was then found to be fake and not from any source except the shyster who wrote the article.

The problem is Fake articles cause hysteria and instead of concentrating on trying to force dji to sort the problem. It just leads to uproar noise and more noise and that is what the FAKE article was about. The shyster who wrote and posted it has posted so many FAKE posts over the years designed to confuse . They offer no solution but to cause Havoc between members here now and in the future.

Well said hallmark!
2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Snoopy2 Posted at 3-29 07:49
Very interesting that this was already posted here verbatim.  I think he was just hurt by the dronexl article (and anything else that may come)

We were all hurt by the drone xl article even if some don’t realize it. You make astute observations snoop.
2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-29 07:44
Why post this? Ian has already posted this here ver batim. One question - since the problem showed up after the December FW update, how could it possibly be a hardware problem? It IS a serious terrible coding mistake by DJI. Only DJI can fix it.

The more broad reach it has the better. I get what you are saying about the redundancy though.
2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 3-29 08:26
One of the debates I have found interesting but totally irrelevant (IMHO):  Is it hardware or firmware?  My take:  I don't care.  Some of the conversations are interesting, but the issue of is it firmware or hardware (or a mix) is of zero relevance to what I think is the most important question:

Interesting points for sure! I admire your optimism.
2022-3-29
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Snoopy2 Posted at 3-29 08:36
Here’s an article that contains all the text on the original link here. With “more” information as well:
https://dronexl.co/2022/03/28/dji-mavic-3-gps-problem/

It is so obvious what you are doing. You are consistent. I do have to give you that.
2022-3-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 3-29 08:26

Your dead right, its a issue about can it be fixed and when. Trying to diagnose the problem is fine and debating its fair game. But posting complete conspiracies without a scintilla of proof is what causes others to believe it will never be fixed. The author of the article here came first and foremost to clear up the hysteria but was armed with proof and experience. I think in the end he felt his opinion was continually being challenged and he obviously has an interest being in the profession and also having worked with dji for many years etc to try to get to the bottom and quieten down the noise.

This will never be easy when you’re dealing with someone who is prepared to lie and cheat at the drop of a hat , to fake whatever he can fake to inflate his ego.

But yes the point should be when this is going to be fixed and it already gone on to long.

Its funny on another thread some were asking how credible are DroneXL , well they printed the article from here without blinking an eye, never checked if it was written by a troll and the real reason it was taken down. So thats how credible they are.
2022-3-29
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-29 08:38
Your dead right, its a issue about can it be fixed and when. Trying to diagnose the problem is fine and debating its fair game. But posting complete conspiracies without a scintilla of proof is what causes others to believe it will never be fixed. The author of the article here came first and foremost to clear up the hysteria but was armed with proof and experience. I think in the end he felt his opinion was continually being challenged and he obviously has an interest being in the profession and also having worked with dji for many years etc to try to get to the bottom and quieten down the noise.

This will never be easy when you’re dealing with someone who is prepared to lie and cheat at the drop of a hat , to fake whatever he can fake to inflate his ego.

spot on hallmark. You couldn’t have said it better than how you said it below!

"Its funny on another thread some were asking how credible are DroneXL , well they printed the article from here without blinking an eye, never checked if it was written by a troll and the real reason it was taken down. So thats how credible they are."
2022-3-29
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Snoopy2 Posted at 3-29 08:42
You sound angry. But your “Knight in Shining Armor”, “Mad” will no doubt figure out the exact problem and share it with the people at DJI who haven’t fixed this in months. No worries now that Mad is “on the case” in his shed. No need to be so angry with the past and upcoming press on this issue.

Real press on the issue is welcomed. Conspiracy theories are not. I don’t think hallmark disagrees with that.
2022-3-29
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

2022-3-29
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Snoopy2 Posted at 3-29 08:44
Here’s some people for you to “set straight”. Is this the “damage” that you were referring to?

Considering they are replying to the conspiracy ridden dronexl article there is a lot I could say. However, dji forum is already time consuming. Twitter is infected with conspiracy theries across multiple genres of society. Are you going to send me a Facebook post next? Incredible. Lol.. Also, you should be proud of your hard work. Your theries have spread all the way to Twitter. I might have misspoken when I called you an "average troll". You are actually making good progress.
2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Snoopy2 Posted at 3-29 08:45
You’re welcome to disagree. (Unless you are in China, I suppose).

See occasionally you say things that make sense.
2022-3-29
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

2022-3-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

A good read. So in the end it all comes down to what is Dji going to do.
Fact: Alot of users have issues with long GPS wait times even after the promised latest FW update, Alot of users also have no working AirSense, Alot of users are waiting on the promised 4G dongle, Alot of users are waiting on a lot of stuff from Dji but it all boils down to Dji, what are they gonna do to fix this and when. I again Reiterate that this Mavic 3 drone is a beast of a drone and except for the issues it has it is still an amazing drone.

You know, yesterday I updated my Lite+ and did a test with the new tracking feature, did all calibrations etc, the drone was so unstable in no winds, moving back/front up/down constantly. it came so fast forward towards me that I had to duck out of the way, like it waited to kill me, lucky I did the screen recording when I started flying. Drone is now packed up and being sent back to dealer. They gonna replace it, do I want a refund - No- I want a working drone - Same with the Mavic 3, a lot of customers don't want their money back but a working drone that they paid a hell of a lot of money for.
2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Snoopy2 Posted at 3-29 08:50
Yet this forum is a “waste of your time”. I’m just trying to direct you to other venues where you can “set the record straight“ to what you want the “record” to be. It sounds like you’re quite frustrated and upset right now, but lashing out isn’t going to help that. We wish you luck on your journey. Godspeed, as there are more articles to come, I’m sure. ;)

Dang, I must be bad a communicating via typing. I am not worked up at all. Sorry if I gave that impression. Just passionate about the truth.
2022-3-29
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Snoopy2 Posted at 3-29 09:01
"Dang, I must be bad a communicating (sic) via typing."
Likely, considering the amount of errors you make.

So I have a few grammar errors? It is not on purpose. Also, If I ate something unhealthy while dieting, that would go against my better angels, but wouldn’t mean I am necessarily upset.  Great recommendation for a YouTube channel.
2022-3-29
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Snoopy2 Posted at 3-29 09:19
...but wouldn’t mean I am necessarily upset."

Or maybe it’s just me being honest with how I feel? Feel free to interpret my temperament  anyway you would like.
2022-3-29
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

2022-3-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Snoopy2 Posted at 3-29 09:19
...but wouldn’t mean I am necessarily upset."

Where is this post and why is my name being brought into this by You Mavicfit when I have not said anything to you. I am entitled to my views and you are not entitled to use my name in your cussing of other members
2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-29 10:02
Where is this post and why is my name being brought into this by You Mavicfit when I have not said anything to you. I am entitled to my views and you are not entitled to use my name in your cussing of other members

Just my opinion. No one on here has to agree. I am not cussing anyone. But, expressing my honest opinion on this whole ordeal. I am not the only one who has been fighting against this disinformation campaign. It is obvious on multiple threads you have assisted in giving a known troll the benefit of the doubt which in return has given him unwarranted credibility. What good does that do other than cause confusion? You've insulted me multiple times on this forum. You are mingling and teaming up with someone who has threatened forum members family's. If you don't like it, maybe you should stop. You do not have the high ground here Suren. You were calling me snoopy and implying that I should get hit by an airplane with him in another thread. Grow up
2022-3-29
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Snoopy2 Posted at 3-29 10:10
Post #14 here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 7&page=1#pid2706393

Look at you, have it ready to go don’t you.
2022-3-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE SHUT UP!!! The constant bickering is ridiculous and childish. ZERO of the linked articles have any REAL corroboration or proof. They are ALL conjecture and/or wishful thinking.  Instead of fighting each other senselessly, present a united front.

Now, I have said this before, so PLEASE, ONLY DJI CAN FIX THE PROBLEM!!! They do not need our help!! They DO need reminding and even badgering until they get it fixed.

GROW UP!!
2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-29 10:34
WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE SHUT UP!!! The constant bickering is ridiculous and childish. ZERO of the linked articles have any REAL corroboration or proof. They are ALL conjecture and/or wishful thinking.  Instead of fighting each other senselessly, present a united front.

Now, I have said this before, so PLEASE, ONLY DJI CAN FIX THE PROBLEM!!! They do not need our help!! They DO need reminding and even badgering until they get it fixed.

You react to bickering like I react to deliberate misinformation spread by a known troll that has threatened forum members family. So let me get this straight you think bickering is more of a reason to speak up than my reason? You are being hypocritical.
There is a difference between misninformaiton designed to mislead and good faith information designed to inform. There is a clear difference

2022-3-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MavicFit91 Posted at 3-29 10:12
Look at you, have it ready to go don’t you.

Thats what you call professional trolling, almost every second post he uses ridiculous fake posters, thats to deflect who he is and his constant Lies. He literally spends all day trolling peoples accounts to see if he can twist and deflect , he cannot converse with anyone because everyone knows the lowlife he is.

You cannot troll his posts because all they say is BANNED ACCOUNT and administrator something or other. People can get banned for a week here for stupid stuff. This guy gets banned for life every time .
I think its time to send him back to Coventry ….
2022-3-29
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-29 10:34

Now, I have said this before, so PLEASE, ONLY DJI CAN FIX THE PROBLEM!!! They do not need our help!! They DO need reminding and even badgering until they get it fixed.

I feel that it's obvious that DJI is very well aware of the problem now after countless articles have been written as of late. We can bitch all we want but the bottom line now is that it's all in the hands of DJI to fix ...............or not. I will wait for 1 more firmware or software update and if that doesn't fix the slow GPS and give us Airsense back, then I will send the Mavic 3 in for repair until it's fixed the way that DJI intended in the first place.
2022-3-29
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

2022-3-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

MavicFit91 Posted at 3-29 10:39
You react to bickering like I react to deliberate misinformation spread by a known troll that has threatened forum members family. So let me get this straight you think bickering is more of a reason to speak up than my reason? You are being hypocritical.
There is a difference between misninformaiton designed to mislead and good faith information designed to inform. There is a clear difference

Exactly how does this bickering help solve the situation? As I said - present a united front instead of all this childish infighting. Truthfully, your objections are filled with nothing more than more childish name-calling. PROVE your points, or just state them without rancor, then your disagreements carry more weight. Instead of adding to the turmoil. Yes, there are several known trolls, and two of them are at the heart of this garbage. You defend one over the other with no proof either way.
2022-3-29
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-29 11:05
Exactly how does this bickering help solve the situation? As I said - present a united front instead of all this childish infighting. Truthfully, your objections are filled with nothing more than more childish name-calling. PROVE your points, or just state them without rancor, then your disagreements carry more weight. Instead of adding to the turmoil. Yes, there are several known trolls, and two of them are at the heart of this garbage. You defend one over the other with no proof either way.

What are you even talking about?
2022-3-29
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Snoopy2 Posted at 3-29 10:55
That’s a good strategy. I wonder how long it will take for DJI to issue the (second) promised update that will fix GPS and Airsense?

Have no choice other than to hold our breaths to wait and see
2022-3-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules