Confirmed ADS-B is not working..
2376 20 2022-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Javierz0509
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6321804 ft
United States

I have firmware v01.00.0600 and I tested ADS-B at a safe location per B4UFLY and ADS-B is not working while airplanes were passing by, also GPS locked 12 satellites in 1 min so I have no problem there.

2022-3-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I can also confirm Airsense does not work at all on the 0600 Firmware. Planes go right above the drone which should be giving a warning but i get nothing, no visual on the map nor any audible warning. @DJI, what do you need from us to get this working as promised?
2022-3-30
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has already been confirmed repeatsdly but thanks for confirming the confirmative. Lol
2022-3-30
Use props
Javierz0509
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6321804 ft
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 3-30 11:58
This has already been confirmed repeatsdly but thanks for confirming the confirmative. Lol

I was not able to tested with new firmware until now.
2022-3-30
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

One tidbit of interest.  On AirData UAV the flight notifications  section does show Airsense alerts in the records. So they are there, just the current FLY App is not displaying them.
2022-3-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

EFRPIC Posted at 3-30 12:18
One tidbit of interest.  On AirData UAV the flight notifications  section does show Airsense alerts in the records. So they are there, just the current FLY App is not displaying them.

So an App problem.
2022-3-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

One tidbit of interest.  On AirData UAV the flight notifications  section does show Airsense alerts in the records. So they are there, just the current FLY App is not displaying them.

I have not checked that, interesting find
2022-3-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I dont think it is an app problem because i tried with app version 1.5.8 as well and nothing with the AC FW 0600
2022-3-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I just checked my Airdata flights for yesterday which had an aircraft fly over head from my drone and there is no notification in the Airdata log.
2022-3-30
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

I live by a very busy airport especially for Cessna like aircraft and usually I see lots of activity and I have had anything show up yet.
2022-3-30
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-3-30
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Yes, it does not work. They fix something and destroy something else.
2022-3-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Javierz0509. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This matter has been forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-3-30
Use props
djiuser_VqaUH68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1022300 ft
Australia

Suren Posted at 3-30 12:30
I just checked my Airdata flights for yesterday which had an aircraft fly over head from my drone and there is no notification in the Airdata log.

Also nothing in my Airdata logs since Feb 14, when a helicopter passed directly over my M3 with a vertical separation of 370ft and no AirSense function/warnings (calculated using squawked altitude of the heli in FlightRadar24).
I sent extensive details to DJI & received the same canned DJI responses that have been shared by many others across the forums. DJI did at least advise they shall be issuing a description of AirSense/ADS-B functions in the near future.
[Using FW.0500 & 0600/RC-N1/iOS/FlyApp v1.5.9 & 10.]
2022-3-31
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_VqaUH68 Posted at 3-31 21:46
Also nothing in my Airdata logs since Feb 14, when a helicopter passed directly over my M3 with a vertical separation of 370ft and no AirSense function/warnings (calculated using squawked altitude of the heli in FlightRadar24).
I sent extensive details to DJI & received the same canned DJI responses that have been shared by many others across the forums. DJI did at least advise they shall be issuing a description of AirSense/ADS-B functions in the near future.

If you really want airsense you can go to 0300 or 0400 but you lose some features in 0400 and have ne features in 300 FW. Dji needs to fix this because these are simple things that were working and they broke it and feeding us BS stories about it being optimised when in fact its broken.
2022-3-31
Use props
djiuser_VqaUH68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1022300 ft
Australia

Suren Posted at 3-31 21:56
If you really want airsense you can go to 0300 or 0400 but you lose some features in 0400 and have ne features in 300 FW. Dji needs to fix this because these are simple things that were working and they broke it and feeding us BS stories about it being optimised when in fact its broken.

Thanks Suren.
I am reluctant to revert the FW, as my M3 delivered with .0300 onboard but has been an example of relatively quick GPS acquisition times through the FW updates, and I don't want to risk introducing any setbacks (not that there is any logic in that - other than it seems to fit with other irregularities DJI cannot address).
I shall impatiently wait on DJI to deliver on client expectations they have sold to us all.   
2022-4-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_VqaUH68 Posted at 4-1 00:48
Thanks Suren.
I am reluctant to revert the FW, as my M3 delivered with .0300 onboard but has been an example of relatively quick GPS acquisition times through the FW updates, and I don't want to risk introducing any setbacks (not that there is any logic in that - other than it seems to fit with other irregularities DJI cannot address).
I shall impatiently wait on DJI to deliver on client expectations they have sold to us all.

And the operative word is "impatiently" as we all are getting restless who have issues. Dji should just now, almost 5 months into this drone have given us a functioning working drone with the promised features
2022-4-1
Use props
ddodell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2546476 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely not working ... I was flying today in the national forest near Sedona ... multiple airplanes, jets, helicopters and small planes landing and taking off from Sedona airport.

Before the last two firmware upgrades, I got multiple warnings and tracking which was extremely helpful since it is a congested area, but today, with RC Pro, 1.0600 firmware ... zero, null, etc ...

I complained to DJI Support last week and their answer was "we optimized it for my safety" ... ???    When I asked them for some parameters on when it "should" work, when I should expect it should work, 48 hours later I got an email telling me they could not disclose those parameters ???

Why not just admit it isn't working and stop hiding the fact, and say we'll get it fixed.

Absolutely disgusting and unacceptable.

2022-4-3
Use props
lovemakesmeflyinggmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 415564 ft
United States

According to my little test on my mavic air 2, ona way it seems like it works on a certain type of aircraft, if its height is about 1534 meters/1.9 Km from where the RC is or if its direction is  to your area. On the other way either the app can’t support the ads-b or it’s messed up. We need a better firmware update for the fly app or the mavic air 2 for the ADS-B to work the way it supposed to.  It works only twice for me not in flight while it’s on the ground turned on.
2022-4-11
Use props
DeadlyRaptor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6032041 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can confirm not working on mine in UK to on  .600 . It’s not the app as my Mavic air 2 works with app at same place and shows ADSB
2022-4-18
Use props
djiuser_oBfzmEjJiKT7
lvl.1

United States

I can also confirm, was running RTK base also locked in 27 sats locked
2023-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules