DJI FPV Line of Sight Flight
1080 3 2022-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wgt40w
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have a ready-made VTOL with manufacturer supplied DJI FPV system fitted.
The FPV system has been fully activated and bound.
On a first test hovering flight all was correct.
Days later, I attempted a first full flight - line of sight, i.e. the DJI Goggles were NOT switched on.
The craft went beserk.

Question: Am I right in suspecting that a DJI FPV transmitter and air unit will not work together properly without the DJI Goggles also being switched on ?
(It's the only explanation I can think of why the second flight went so very wrong)
2022-3-31
Use props
wgt40w
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Anyone care to answer- please.
2022-4-1
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

You should be able to fly it LOS without a set of goggles bound.   I haven't bound or even opened my DJI Goggles V2 yet and I'm practicing flying my quad LOS.

If your VTOL uses a flight controller with Betaflight or iNAV, connect it to your computer to see what your stick inputs do. You definitely have to set up your sticks, flight modes, switches, and such on an FPV quad.

It's possible that your gyros or some other component failed.

Good luck.
2022-4-6
Use props
wgt40w
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The Duck Posted at 4-6 15:45
You should be able to fly it LOS without a set of goggles bound.   I haven't bound or even opened my DJI Goggles V2 yet and I'm practicing flying my quad LOS.

If your VTOL uses a flight controller with Betaflight or iNAV, connect it to your computer to see what your stick inputs do. You definitely have to set up your sticks, flight modes, switches, and such on an FPV quad.

The Duck
Thanks for your response. It confirms advice I have received elsewhere (VTOL OEM) whilst awaiting an answer here.
It turns out trying to fly a DJI FPV controlled craft next to a mobile phone repeater mast is NOT a good idea !!
2022-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules