RTH refused in mid-air
1316 18 2022-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Basharea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 573015 ft
Iraq

This morning I put my Air 2S in the air with a full charge and routine fly. It went to around 2KM distance normal and satisfying. Somehow on returning to my home point at almost 800m the bird can no longer fly straight to my home point. It allowed to fly any direction but not to my home point. It was like there was an invisible wall in the sky that it couldn’t pass through. I was forced to activate Return to Home button and it kept displaying “Return to Home refused”. It never said why it was refused but it kept saying so. Batt level was at 46% everything else was prefect. In the end I had to find a rooftop to descend it while my connection was lost at 800m distance. When I got my bird I looked over the recording I saw it was hovering on the rooftop until it was out of charge and fall to ground.

This is so dangerous condition that made me to be so afraid to happily fly it again. Please guide me what went wrong.

I have 4 log dat file for the same time period I don’t know which one is the correct one.

I don’t know where to post it for the staff to review it.

Thank you
2022-3-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It was like there was an invisible wall in the sky that it couldn’t pass through.
That comment suggest a no-fly zone barrier, but there will probably be something else involved too.

I have 4 log dat file for the same time period I don’t know which one is the correct one.
I don’t know where to post it for the staff to review it.

The .dat file won't be particularly helpful.
The .txt file from your phone or tablet is what's neeeded.
No need to have DJI look at it either.
You'll get faster analysis and a better explanation of the incident from members here.

To get to your flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
For help interpreting the data you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.

2022-3-31
Use props
Basharea
lvl.1
Iraq

Labroides Posted at 3-31 14:40
It was like there was an invisible wall in the sky that it couldn’t pass through.
That comment suggest a no-fly zone barrier, but there will probably be something else involved too.

Say it was a no-fly zone!

Why it allowed me to go forward in the beginning of the trip but refuse the return. Also note I took the same route on the return home.

Thanks for the reply and the info,

I will look into the recommended log view..
2022-3-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Basharea Posted at 3-31 14:49

Why it allowed me to go forward in the beginning of the trip but refuse the return. Also note I took the same route on the return home.

I can think of one reason that might have happened.
I'd need to see the flight data to confirm if it was that.
2022-3-31
Use props
Basharea
lvl.1
Iraq

Labroides Posted at 3-31 14:57
Why it allowed me to go forward in the beginning of the trip but refuse the return. Also note I took the same route on the return home.

As you indicated the procedure for uploading txt log file, I have sent you the link
2022-3-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Basharea Posted at 3-31 15:15
As you indicated the procedure for uploading txt log file, I have sent you the link

Thanks ... I'll see what I can find in it
2022-3-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Basharea Posted at 3-31 15:15

The issue seems to be related to a message that first came up at 1:27.1
Aircraft entered Restricted Zone. Exit zone promptly.
There were more at 3"49.2, 7:23.4 & 13:33.5.

How you flew into the restricted zone is puzzling.
Normally that happense when an impatient flyer launches before getting GPS and the drone doesn't know where it is.
But you had good GPS from the start of the flight.
Why you couldn't exit the restricted zone after entering it is another mystery.

Here is what DJI's no-fly mapping shows for that area.
K-2.jpg
2022-3-31
Use props
Basharea
lvl.1
Iraq

I applied for unlock many times and got 3 days period. Lately I applied for one year instead and it was approved. My Air 2S is approved to fly in this area.

Now your replies makes me more worried to freely fly after the rth refuse and you saying it to be strange.  Now what do you recommend?

I hope I could get a concrete solid answer.....

Many thanks for your time and efforts.
2022-3-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Basharea. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and did you receive any error messages on the DJI Fly application when this is happened? In addition, kindly please fly your DJI Air 2S to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist. The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. Thank you.
2022-3-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-31 19:44
Hello there Basharea. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and did you receive any error messages on the DJI Fly application when this is happened? In addition, kindly please fly your DJI Air 2S to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist. The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. Thank you.

The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it.
Could you come up with anything more irrelevant?
But it is April 1st so I guess you must be joking.
2022-3-31
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

I can think of one reason that might have happened.

Is it not possible that the flight back to home point was against the sun for the sensors.
2022-3-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

F.KOK Posted at 3-31 23:42
Why it allowed me to go forward in the beginning of the trip but refuse the return. Also note I took the same route on the return home.

No .. it was exactly where the warning showed and he flew around, along, up and down the invisible barrier.
2022-4-1
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Please post logs for more analysis.
2022-4-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

LoveYou Posted at 4-1 02:57
Please post logs for more analysis.

That's already happened
2022-4-1
Use props
Basharea
lvl.1
Iraq

After reading your replies and doing my own research on the exact cause, I did find the one and only reason behind RTH refusal.

It is DJI glitch that must be taken care of right away

The scenario:
If you apply for an unlock and select a polygon on map you are restricted to only fly in the selected area. Even if outside of the selected area is not restricted you are still prohibited to fly.
2022-4-1
Use props
fans6a539825
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5445650 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Basharea Posted at 2022-4-1 04:11
After reading your replies and doing my own research on the exact cause, I did find the one and only reason behind RTH refusal.

It is DJI glitch that must be taken care of right away

Welp this just happened to me too and I lost my Mavic 3 as a result. WTF.
2023-3-26
Use props
Basharea
lvl.1
Iraq

Ever since that day i don't trust dji to fly over 1km.
I wish dji will fix its problems so we get back the trust.
I am sorry that you lost your mavic.
2023-3-27
Use props
Mark Knaus
New

United States

I had the same issue with my Mini 2. The drone was lost when it landed in the water. DJI replaced it but I'm  afraid to fly that route again, although I had flown it before without any issues.
2023-7-24
Use props
Mark Knaus
New

United States

This is the picture of my travel area and my attempts to return it to my home point.
2023-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules