Stolen drone
2899 9 2022-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
browncowbear
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60131 ft
United Kingdom

I cannot find my MAVIC mini at present since i havent been using all over the winter months. I usually keep it in my car truck as its always there if an opportunity arises. I have gone today to use it and it isnt there. I have searched my home and again it is not there. I have used the find my drone option in the DJI fly app and it says it is at the last location i used. So here is my question
1. if it was stolen would the last location be the last time it was flown, or the last time it was turned on
2. if it is the last time it was flown, can the drone be paired to a new device and used and therefore i would never know its current location

Is there anyway of tracking the drone if it has been paired to another device to see where it currently is? I have all the documentation that came with it and Presume there is some sort of unique identifier. Can i disable the drone remotely, much like an Iphone??

any help greatly appreciated

2022-4-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your app can ONLY show you where the drone was when the drone was last in-contact-with/connected-to the app on YOUR phone. Your app WILL NOT show where the drone was last used when the drone was connected to another app, especially an app 'belonging' to someone else. So you yourself have NO WAY of tracing the drone's use by any thief.
I have several phones that I use with the Mavic Mini, their apps are all logged into the the same DJI account and none of those phones/apps has any knowledge of the use of the drone by/with any of the other phones.

The Mavic Mini can be paired to ANY suitable controller/phone/FLY-app with absolutely no restriction.
There is NO WAY for you to disable a lost Mavic Mini.
2022-4-3
Use props
browncowbear
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks. Absolutely gutted
2022-4-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

browncowbear Posted at 4-3 09:50

Sorry.
The 'funny' thing is, is that there is a way that such flying can be prevented with some of the more modern drones but DJI are drawing flak for that too, NOT that you have fired any flak. If not deactivated by the original owner, the method can prevent legitimate buyers of second hand drones/controllers from using those drones/controllers.

Dammed if they do and Dammed if they don't.
2022-4-3
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

browncowbear Posted at 4-3 09:50

Was the remote control also stolen or just the drone? Were the two devices together in the vehicle?

I ask because it would be a "technical mistake" to steal only the drone and not the remote control at the same time.

I hope you can still find it! The Mini 2 is so small, you should have a closer look at the dogs poo
2022-4-3
Use props
fansc01a64ad
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yeah the whole case was stolen. Drone controller 3 batteries multiple SD cards spare props. The lot. I’m absolutely raging.
2022-4-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansc01a64ad Posted at 4-3 10:14
Yeah the whole case was stolen. Drone controller 3 batteries multiple SD cards spare props. The lot. I’m absolutely raging.

Any chance you left it down somewhere, forgot to put it back into the car and drove off?
2022-4-3
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

fansc01a64ad Posted at 4-3 10:14

This sounds bad indeed. I'm afraid there is nothing you could do about it.

You didn't mention if there was any incidence of breaking- in your car?
2022-4-3
Use props
fansc01a64ad
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It’s possible I left it down somewhere I don’t think so but it is possible. I carry lots of equipment in my car and I carry it from car to customer site regularly the equipment is big and bulky so the truck is sometimes open it would be quite easy to grab the case in a heartbeat and because i haven’t used it in a while it could have happened anywhere or anytime
2022-4-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there browncowbear. I am sorry to read and to know that you have lost your DJI Drone. Since you have lost your DJI drone and its accessories it would be best to report this issue to your local authorities what had happened, In addition, tracking the DJI Drone would require the aircraft to be flying when it was lost through the flight record on your DJI Fly Application. Again I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.
2022-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules