Fly app crashing - iOS update?
2535 3 2022-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5ae6388d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64856 ft

Sweden

The DJI Fly app has begun  crashing every flight.

I have updated my iPhone SE to 15.4.1 iOS
Deleted and re-installed Fly app 1.5.10 (604)
Plenty of storage space, no other apps running.

Still crashing.

Thankfully the Mavic has stayed put so far and I can land it VLOS. I tried to restart the app once and it came back fine, but it feels a bit sketchy

I searched and found the reinstall/restart tip but it did not help. Other  suggestions appreciated.
2022-4-5
Use props
henrymosley
lvl.1

United States

I had this problem, but I tried reinstalling the app and everything was back to normal. I don't know what other suggestions there might be, but I'd really like to know if the situation happens again for me.
2022-4-8
Use props
Fernado
lvl.2

Portugal

I have this issue too. It happened since I upgraded my iPhone 12 to 15.4.1, a few weeks ago. The app keeps crashing every 5 minutes. I never suffer this issue before. I did not try yet the delete/install workaround, but this is definitively something recent. Btw, I try do not have any other app running when flying.
2022-5-28
Use props
fans5ae6388d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64856 ft

Sweden

I posted in MavicPilots too and followed up there.

I bought a new cable and it did not make any difference. Then I disabled the cellphone data transfer and the problem was gone completely. Tried different locations etc and it was repeatable, so the cause seems purely sw related.

Currently on a different iPhone 12 and haven’t flown enough to judge / back-to-back test this issue; have just shut the cellphone reception off every time I fly.

I like my Mavic but these various sw issues are a consistent plague ever since my first Phantom.
2022-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules