Entrance to Glen Etive
676 39 2022-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Took a wee wander to the start of the Scottish Highlands the other day!

2022-4-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely flight. Progressing up the Glen like that gives the urge to see further
2022-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful yogi,  brings back memories as a kid we stopped by a stream carrying melting ice and snow off the mountains and drank from it,  it was amazing.   
2022-4-7
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-7 04:57
Lovely flight. Progressing up the Glen like that gives the urge to see further

Yeah, but it was very cold and I had ventured to the Glencoe approach before finishing up at Glen Orchy as well. Will wait until it is a little warmer. Only problem then is that the tourists descend in great numbers and I really prefer solitude.
2022-4-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 4-7 05:21
Yeah, but it was very cold and I had ventured to the Glencoe approach before finishing up at Glen Orchy as well. Will wait until it is a little warmer. Only problem then is that the tourists descend in great numbers and I really prefer solitude.

Solitude is preferable, for sure. Undisturbed droning.
2022-4-7
Use props
Macked
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115318 ft
United States

Beautiful. How do you do it, no cars, no people, no animals?
2022-4-7
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

Very beautiful landscape. Of course it would be even better in 4K :-)
2022-4-7
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Pinarek Posted at 4-7 06:50
Very beautiful landscape. Of course it would be even better in 4K :-)

Cannot remember if I shot it in 4k or not. I am new to this hobby but I selected HD out for youtube to see if my laptop would run it. (Laptop very old, like me).
2022-4-7
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Macked Posted at 4-7 05:39
Beautiful. How do you do it, no cars, no people, no animals?

Ah! but if you look carefully you should spot my car and also a little Motorhome in a layby.
(Out of bed at 4am and on the road for 5am). Possibly the sheep were still asleep.
2022-4-7
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Been a while since I managed up there, buchanty is wonderful in August when the salmon a “loupin” up the falls. Might venture up tomorrow if the wind n rain give me a bit of a break.
No need for me to venture to far, this is basically 1/2 mile from my house.

2022-4-7
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

yogi053, I was wondering where the folks were, and agree, nice to get out without them, and do some nice calm solo flying, which I think your speed
was just right for me.  Nice scenery, so that is where some of my forbearers came from.  Thank you for sharing.
2022-4-7
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 4-7 08:06
Been a while since I managed up there, buchanty is wonderful in August when the salmon a “loupin” up the falls. Might venture up tomorrow if the wind n rain give me a bit of a break.

All I can say is, "to be only half an hour away" from that then you're a lucky person indeed.
2022-4-7
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 4-7 08:30
yogi053, I was wondering where the folks were, and agree, nice to get out without them, and do some nice calm solo flying, which I think your speed
was just right for me.  Nice scenery, so that is where some of my forbearers came from.  Thank you for sharing.

Scotland has some fantastic scenery Bob, and when/if I get better at flying I hope to post better results on here.
2022-4-7
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

yogi053 Posted at 4-7 08:40
Scotland has some fantastic scenery Bob, and when/if I get better at flying I hope to post better results on here.

You post - I'll gladly watch
2022-4-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely Scottish landscape.    Nice to have bagpipes in the background music.
2022-4-7
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

yogi053 Posted at 4-7 07:35
Cannot remember if I shot it in 4k or not. I am new to this hobby but I selected HD out for youtube to see if my laptop would run it. (Laptop very old, like me).

It's not meant badly either. I only mentioned it because then the video looks even more brilliant.
Are you in your 70s like me?
2022-4-7
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-7 10:18
Lovely Scottish landscape.    Nice to have bagpipes in the background music.

Thank you. Would love to have had 'Highland Cathedral' playing, but copyright and all that......
2022-4-7
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Pinarek Posted at 4-7 11:12
It's not meant badly either. I only mentioned it because then the video looks even more brilliant.
Are you in your 70s like me?

Indeed I am Pinarek.
2022-4-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I would love to see you do another video of this same path when it starts to green, then in summer and fade them all together. From this one to summer.
2022-4-7
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-7 11:31
I would love to see you do another video of this same path when it starts to green, then in summer and fade them all together. From this one to summer.

I am old, but if memory allows Mobilehomer, I'll try and comply.
2022-4-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

yogi053 Posted at 4-7 11:38
I am old, but if memory allows Mobilehomer, I'll try and comply.

I think that would turn out lovely. You ain't old. Just your shadow is old, like me.
2022-4-7
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-7 11:41
I think that would turn out lovely. You ain't old. Just your shadow is old, like me.

Incidentally, I owned a 5 berth Motorhome for 9 years  and toured Gt. Britain (didn't get to Ireland North or South) Also visited France, Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. Gave it up though as the roads in Scotland especially got too busy with tourist traffic from the European continent. There are quite a few roads (especially in the highlands) that are single track with passing places to allow oncoming vehicles to pass by or allow following vehicles to overtake. Most drivers followed the road etiquette, but I'm afraid the continentals tended to travel in 'convoy' so it always seemed to be me a 'singleton' who invariably had to reverse quite a way if they 'overshot' a passing place. It ceased being a pleasure to drive the Motorhome anymore so sold it. Just for information, google 'Pass of the cattle Scotland' and let me know what you think. It is on youtube as well. I took my vehicle over that road. Absolutely brilliant views!
2022-4-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there yogi053. Good day and thank you for posting this cool aerial video that you have filmed and created. Great work and keep flying.
2022-4-7
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 4-7 12:22
Incidentally, I owned a 5 berth Motorhome for 9 years  and toured Gt. Britain (didn't get to Ireland North or South) Also visited France, Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. Gave it up though as the roads in Scotland especially got too busy with tourist traffic from the European continent. There are quite a few roads (especially in the highlands) that are single track with passing places to allow oncoming vehicles to pass by or allow following vehicles to overtake. Most drivers followed the road etiquette, but I'm afraid the continentals tended to travel in 'convoy' so it always seemed to be me a 'singleton' who invariably had to reverse quite a way if they 'overshot' a passing place. It ceased being a pleasure to drive the Motorhome anymore so sold it. Just for information, google &aposass of the cattle Scotland' and let me know what you think. It is on youtube as well. I took my vehicle over that road. Absolutely brilliant views!

Can I just say a big WELL DONE for the correct use of Great Britain.

It's a pet peeve of mine whenever I see the UK Olympic team etc referred to as Team GB when it is quite clearly Team UK.

I always wonder why the NI athletes haven't complained. They are competing for a team whose adopted name specifically excludes them.

Maybe there's a diner detail that I'm not aware of (please put me out of my misery if this is the case).

But GB is a geographic entity and UK is a political entity.

UK includes NI, GB does not.

Your selection of GB specifically because you didn't make it to NI is to be applauded (though it really shouldn't have to be, I think you'd agree)
2022-4-7
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Rhapsody in yellow. Thank you!
2022-4-7
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 4-7 23:43
Can I just say a big WELL DONE for the correct use of Great Britain.

It's a pet peeve of mine whenever I see the UK Olympic team etc referred to as Team GB when it is quite clearly Team UK.

I knew someone wold pick up on my terminology and I don't mind. I strive to be correct and I understand about the areas of UK, Gt. Britain and the Britsh Isles. I too had a pet peeve of seeing the Northern Isles of Orkney and Shetland stuck in a box off the coast of Aberdeen on maps.
2022-4-8
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 4-7 23:46
Rhapsody in yellow. Thank you!

Cheers landey!
2022-4-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice video but the music you selected was the best. I enjoy listening to the bagpipes
2022-4-8
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 4-8 00:12
Nice video but the music you selected was the best. I enjoy listening to the bagpipes

Not everyone would agree with you Suren, but of course I do. Then again, I am biased being a Scot. I have heard the bagpipes being referred to as Cats squealing inside a bag being tortured. lol.
2022-4-8
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wonderful video, thanks for sharing!!
2022-4-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

yogi053 Posted at 4-7 11:29
Thank you. Would love to have had 'Highland Cathedral' playing, but copyright and all that......

You're very welcome yogi.     Having Highland Cathedral would have been great  but I do understand the copyright laws and infringement penalties.  

Spent some time in Scotland split between Holy Loch and Thurso while I was in the Navy.

Hope you have a great weekend and keep on flying.  
2022-4-8
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

smbishop Posted at 4-8 03:43
Wonderful video, thanks for sharing!!

Thank you bish!
2022-4-8
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-8 04:54
You're very welcome yogi.     Having Highland Cathedral would have been great  but I do understand the copyright laws and infringement penalties.  

Spent some time in Scotland split between Holy Loch and Thurso while I was in the Navy.

Downtown, your reference to the Holy Loch brought back a very poignant memory for me. My Dad and 2 others were rowing out to a boat at anchor when the dinghy  they were in, capsized. My Dad a non-swimmer was rescued by a liberty boat from the USS Proteus but unfortunately my brother -in-law, a strong swimmer lost his bearings and perished. This was in 1961 so I guess long before your time.
2022-4-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

yogi053 Posted at 4-8 06:29
Downtown, your reference to the Holy Loch brought back a very poignant memory for me. My Dad and 2 others were rowing out to a boat at anchor when the dinghy  they were in, capsized. My Dad a non-swimmer was rescued by a liberty boat from the USS Proteus but unfortunately my brother -in-law, a strong swimmer lost his bearings and perished. This was in 1961 so I guess long before your time.

For sure before my time in Scotland.  Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law.  I spend a lot of time swimming in the ocean and scuba diving so I know how easy it is to get disoriented.  

I did enjoy my time in Scotland and look forward to returning some day for a vacation.
2022-4-9
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-9 05:35
For sure before my time in Scotland.  Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law.  I spend a lot of time swimming in the ocean and scuba diving so I know how easy it is to get disoriented.  

I did enjoy my time in Scotland and look forward to returning some day for a vacation.

You WILL be made welcome and I'm sure you will enjoy it again. Look me up if you do!
2022-4-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
2022-4-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 4-7 08:06

Nice shot!
2022-4-9
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cheers Monty.
2022-4-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure!
2022-4-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

yogi053 Posted at 4-9 05:39
You WILL be made welcome and I'm sure you will enjoy it again. Look me up if you do!

Thanks Yogi.    Hope you are having a great weekend.
2022-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules