Photos not saving to iPhone
11063 14 2022-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365233 ft
United States

Hey everyone, been some time since I posted.  Had my MA2 recently, last time a couple of months ago, and I noticed photos were not saving to my iPhone.  Also photos weren't in the DJI app gallery.  They were saved to the SD card, so not sure what is going on.  I am on the latest firmware, etc.  Anyone experiencing a similar issue?  Thank you.
2022-4-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DukeNukemNY. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is a known bug in the fly app,   hopefully one day it will get fixed.
2022-4-8
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-8 00:17
This is a known bug in the fly app,   hopefully one day it will get fixed.

Thanks, looks like figured it out, different albums now, pictures were there once I flipped albums in the DJI App.
2022-4-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DukeNukemNY Posted at 4-8 02:47
Thanks, looks like figured it out, different albums now, pictures were there once I flipped albums in the DJI App.

The images that do get cached usually also loose there EXIF/GPS info and filenames so another one to watch out for.   Its a shame really it used to work so well with the Go4 app and moving to the fly app is a real step backwards,  so far only single images and some mp4 will auto cache,  If I do a 360 pano and then start filming the images are not merged. the whole thing is a real pain.
2022-4-9
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

DukeNukemNY Posted at 4-8 02:47
Thanks, looks like figured it out, different albums now, pictures were there once I flipped albums in the DJI App.

What do you mean by flipping albums…my photos and video aren’t downloading automatically to my iPhone after deleting and reinstalling the Fly app.
2022-4-9
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

I now have photos syncing to iPhone but not videos
2022-4-9
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 4-9 16:54
I now have photos syncing to iPhone but not videos

It would cache the videos, but you couldn't really do anything with them from an editing standpoint.
2022-4-10
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 4-9 16:49
What do you mean by flipping albums…my photos and video aren’t downloading automatically to my iPhone after deleting and reinstalling the Fly app.

There is an album drop down, seems like they updated the name of the album.
2022-4-10
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

So you can't get the photos and videos to load directly as you take them onto the iPhone like you used to.
2022-4-10
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 4-10 17:19
So you can't get the photos and videos to load directly as you take them onto the iPhone like you used to.

Correct, photos at least would save to my iPhone recent photos.  However it seems like it is now saving to a DJI folder.  Videos do not save, but are cached with the DJI app itself.
2022-4-11
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
United States

it is now back again, videos are cached, but photos aren't there in the album.  Really odd, I found it a nice feature to text someone a photo without having to transfer the photo from the SD card.
2022-4-20
Use props
Padgo Walsh
New

Ireland

I’m having a similar problem, I’ve noticed that some of the photos I took the other day at my local park didn’t save. The next morning I turned on my Mini 3, clicked on the photos that were on the drone that didn’t save and found that the download button was greyed out. Why?
2022-7-9
Use props
Jess Steele
New

United Kingdom

Having the same issue - can’t see any photos and only videos
3-16 11:32
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jess Steele Posted at 3-16 11:32
Having the same issue - can’t see any photos and only videos

Hi Jess. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm what specific DJI drone are you using? Also, please try to reinstall the DJI App then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.
3-17 00:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules