Matrice 300 slow
1267 5 2022-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_hVv31q2xVw54
lvl.1

Canada

Hi, I'm new to using the Matrice 300 for mapping missions.  I'm finding it travels very slow during the mission compared to the Mavic 2.   It goes between 8.8 and 9.5Km/hr during the mission.   The area I covered with one Mavic2 battery now takes 4 Matrice batteries.   Are there any settings I should take a closer look at to improve the speed?
Thanks,

Frank
2022-4-8
Use props
fans951dcd15
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4521345 ft
United States

Frank, what camera are you using on the 300?
2022-4-9
Use props
FrankO_M300
lvl.1

Canada

I believe it's called the Zenmuse H20T.  Does zoom, wide and thermal.
2022-4-9
Use props
FrankO_M300
lvl.1

Canada

FrankO_M300 Posted at 4-9 09:53
I believe it's called the Zenmuse H20T.  Does zoom, wide and thermal.

When it performs a mapping mission it takes 3 photos at each position, wide zoom and thermal.  Could this be the issue?  Normally I would only need wide or thermal.  I will see if I can turn off 2 camera modes and test if it flies faster.
2022-4-10
Use props
robertnd2
lvl.1

United States

FrankO_M300 Posted at 4-10 10:26
When it performs a mapping mission it takes 3 photos at each position, wide zoom and thermal.  Could this be the issue?  Normally I would only need wide or thermal.  I will see if I can turn off 2 camera modes and test if it flies faster.

Frank..based on my use of the M300, 7 mph or so is normal for automated mapping projects with Matrice 300. As mentioned in other response, the drone is taking 3 pictures so it has to fly slower. It flies faster when it is on the perimeter of your primary area of interest.

I guess my main question is why are you using an H20T for mapping missions? Not really the best camera for the job. A P1 camera is really  for mapping and will give better results. H20T is a different animal and is more expensive. I have both, but use P1 for all mapping work.
2022-4-12
Use props
FrankO_M300
lvl.1

Canada

robertnd2 Posted at 4-12 17:00
Frank..based on my use of the M300, 7 mph or so is normal for automated mapping projects with Matrice 300. As mentioned in other response, the drone is taking 3 pictures so it has to fly slower. It flies faster when it is on the perimeter of your primary area of interest.

I guess my main question is why are you using an H20T for mapping missions? Not really the best camera for the job. A P1 camera is really  for mapping and will give better results. H20T is a different animal and is more expensive. I have both, but use P1 for all mapping work.

Thanks for the info Robert!  Good to know the H20T is performing as expected and I may have to look into the P1 camera.   I mostly use a Mavic 2 Zoom for regular mapping but this is a new machine for me.  Reason for mapping with H20T...  We have large piles of wood chips at our mills.  Mountains, and they can generate heat, sometimes too much so they like to keep an eye on it.   The H20T seems perfect for this.  Send all the photos to SiteScan and get a nice ortho of the entire site.  I also used the M2 Enterprise and that flew quick as well but the H20T is probably more accurate I'm guessing.  Any suggestions appreciated.  Thanks!
2022-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules