HELP - MINI 2 - Not recognized SD Card - No Photos _ No movies
4080 18 2022-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WWeE4pB0dXdA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286969 ft
Brazil

Hello to everyone who got here.. Actually I need your help because my Mini 2 doesn't recognize the SDCard and consequently doesn't make movies and photos. By the way, I tried more than four SDCards. The SDCards were formatted trying to use them in exFAT and FAT32 but with no results. When trying to use, I get some pop-ups such as ........... SD card malfunction. I also get......... Aircraft Recording Task in Progress (and this situation takes a while to pass after I took a small picture). Well, after using several cards and making several attempts, I'm concluding that my Mini 2 has problems. Am I right? can anybody help me? Attached some Pop ups in Portuguese.Thank you all!

DJI 1.jpg
DJI 2.jpg
DJI 3.jpg
2022-4-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you want help, then begin by taking a photo of the four cards you have tried and post the photo here.
2022-4-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've experienced.
You can try the following steps to check if the problem persists.
1. For aircraft with internal storage, when a microSD card is not inserted, please make sure there is enough local memory on the mobile device.
2. For any device with a microSD card inserted, please ensure that a microSD card with enough capacity in the recommended list has been used.
https://www.dji.com/support/prod ... ndsite&from=nav
3. Reinstall the app and try again.
4. If the issue persists after the above methods have been tried, please send your aircraft back for further testing.
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2022-4-9
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Before trying anything else, please do as Geebax suggested - take a good photo of the cards you tried and post it here.
2022-4-9
Use props
djiuser_WWeE4pB0dXdA
lvl.2
Brazil

Geebax Posted at 4-9 20:59
If you want help, then begin by taking a photo of the four cards you have tried and post the photo here.

First of all, thank you all so much for your invaluable help. Follow the photos showing the facts. All 3 cards are original and registered with the manufacturer. The fourth SD card is from a friend and I returned it so I can't take a picture, but it was a regular 32GB SD. I know that the two 32Gb cards are not recommended but they were used in the sense of making an experience that I believe would make photos and videos with poor quality, but they would. All cards are recognized by the Mini 2 but do not record and do not take pictures. Once again my thanks.
SDCard3A.jpg
2022-4-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_WWeE4pB0dXdA Posted at 4-10 05:33
First of all, thank you all so much for your invaluable help. Follow the photos showing the facts. All 3 cards are original and registered with the manufacturer. The fourth SD card is from a friend and I returned it so I can't take a picture, but it was a regular 32GB SD. I know that the two 32Gb cards are not recommended but they were used in the sense of making an experience that I believe would make photos and videos with poor quality, but they would. All cards are recognized by the Mini 2 but do not record and do not take pictures. Once again my thanks.[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

Just a single pic showing the front of the three cards is all that's needed.

It looks like the two black cards are very slow and not suitable.
Dump them.
Has the other one worked properly in the drone before?

2022-4-10
Use props
Robson Brasil
lvl.2
Brazil

Landey Posted at 4-9 22:31
Before trying anything else, please do as Geebax suggested - take a good photo of the cards you tried and post it here.

Hi Landey, good morning. Thank you very much for your interest in helping me. I made the posts of the photos of the cards and other warnings I get when I try to record/film. Thanks again.
2022-4-10
Use props
Robson Brasil
lvl.2
Brazil

Labroides Posted at 4-10 06:11
Just a single pic showing the front of the three cards is all that's needed.

It looks like the two black cards are very slow and not suitable.

Hello Labroides, nice to talk to you. The Mini 2 is brand new and has only been used for a week. Following DJI's recommendation I purchased the SD Extreme exclusively to use in the Mini 2. As I was not successful, I used the other two 32Gb cards to test. On Windows 10 SD Extreme works normally because it accepts receiving photos and videos from other folders and plays all files. Even so, I'm going to request warranty on the SD Extreme I bought and try another one.
2022-4-10
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Robson Brasil Posted at 4-10 06:30
Hello Labroides, nice to talk to you. The Mini 2 is brand new and has only been used for a week. Following DJI's recommendation I purchased the SD Extreme exclusively to use in the Mini 2. As I was not successful, I used the other two 32Gb cards to test. On Windows 10 SD Extreme works normally because it accepts receiving photos and videos from other folders and plays all files. Even so, I'm going to request warranty on the SD Extreme I bought and try another one.

Robson Brasil wrote: " I'm going to request warranty on the SD Extreme I bought and try another one."
Then, why did you post here in the first place?

Please make a YouTube video where you talk about last summer for 30 minutes and brag about the big trout you catched. Then completely omit the reason for the video and instead insert a multitude of Subscribe icons into that completely foolish video!
2022-4-10
Use props
Robson Brasil
lvl.2
Brazil

Johnny_J Posted at 4-10 07:04
Robson Brasil wrote: " I'm going to request warranty on the SD Extreme I bought and try another one."

Dear friend, good morning. I would like to know if your objective in the forum is to be aware of issues (good or bad), exchange experiences and help friends who have the same hobby as yours or instead make unnecessary criticism? I respect the way you think and you respect my way, right? I don't know you, but the way you expressed yourself I believe I shouldn't waste my time with you but I will. All cards are original and the 32Gb ones, despite not being indicated by DJI, work (as reported by other users). It's the weekend and there's no way to get the warranty on the card I bought, right? That's why I posted on the forum in the first place, that is, in an attempt to solve my problem these days. As it is known that there are several bugs in various drones all over the world, why couldn't the Mini 2 have this type of problem and someone on the forum provide the solution? Friend, the best way to deal with life is respecting the will and rights of other people. Your respect for other people is quite different from mine. I await your video on Youtube apologizing for the lack of respect towards me. Hugs!
2022-4-10
Use props
Robson Brasil
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-9 22:14
Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've experienced.
You can try the following steps to check if the problem persists.
1. For aircraft with internal storage, when a microSD card is not inserted, please make sure there is enough local memory on the mobile device.

DJI Gamora, good morning. Thank you very much in advance for your recommendations, I even carried out all of them. My other big problem is that I live in Brazil (South America) and my Mini 2 was bought in another country. Therefore, so far I have not been able to guarantee the Mini 2 if the problem is with it, I hope not. If the problem persists, I will check with the DJI Brasil team how they can help me. Once again my thanks. If you have other suggestions, feel free to contact me.
2022-4-10
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Robson Brasil Posted at 4-10 07:50
Dear friend, good morning. I would like to know if your objective in the forum is to be aware of issues (good or bad), exchange experiences and help friends who have the same hobby as yours or instead make unnecessary criticism? I respect the way you think and you respect my way, right? I don't know you, but the way you expressed yourself I believe I shouldn't waste my time with you but I will. All cards are original and the 32Gb ones, despite not being indicated by DJI, work (as reported by other users). It's the weekend and there's no way to get the warranty on the card I bought, right? That's why I posted on the forum in the first place, that is, in an attempt to solve my problem these days. As it is known that there are several bugs in various drones all over the world, why couldn't the Mini 2 have this type of problem and someone on the forum provide the solution? Friend, the best way to deal with life is respecting the will and rights of other people. Your respect for other people is quite different from mine. I await your video on Youtube apologizing for the lack of respect towards me. Hugs!

You complain and is totally unresourceful when you start the post. Then, without any hints from others you suddenly have a plan!  Why is that?
2022-4-10
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 4-10 07:04
Robson Brasil wrote: " I'm going to request warranty on the SD Extreme I bought and try another one."

Johnny_j: you seem like a very unpleasant sort of person.  Is there something wrong with you?  Did you somehow forget to take your tablets this morning?  I really don't think you need to be such a bloody pr*ck.  But in the meantime: you are a pr*ck.
2022-4-10
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

CallMeAlan Posted at 4-10 08:17
Johnny_j: you seem like a very unpleasant sort of person.  Is there something wrong with you?  Did you somehow forget to take your tablets this morning?  I really don't think you need to be such a bloody pr*ck.  But in the meantime: you are a pr*ck.

I believe that you can very accurately assess my quality. Just as you can tell me that I forgot my medicine.
I'm Impressed!
2022-4-10
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

CallMeAlan Posted at 4-10 08:17

CallMeAlan: Such a STUPID PERSON
2022-4-10
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Robson Brasil Posted at 4-10 06:14
Hi Landey, good morning. Thank you very much for your interest in helping me. I made the posts of the photos of the cards and other warnings I get when I try to record/film. Thanks again.

Good "morning". ;)

I need to admit that your way of providing photos and information is a bit strange, so I party understand Johnny's way of reacting.

That aside: That "black" cards won't work. Strangely enough, the Mini 2 sometimes recognizes incompatible cards, shows their capacity in the app - but does not record in 4K. Sometimes photos and lower resolution recordings are still possible, sometimes not - with the same card.
I tried one of those slower cards myself: First time, it took 1080p videos, but not 4K. Next time, it didn't record any videos anymore, but till took JPG pictures. Next time, the Mini 2 took 3 or 4 tries for recognizing that the card was inserted. After that, the drone didn't recognize the card at all.
Thus it's indeed a bit strange.

Your Sandisk Extreme should work, but it's not guaranteed to work. Also depends on the formatting (file system type) of the card.
Just buy a Sandisk Extreme Pro (128 GB), format the card in the drone itself (use the DJI Fly app for formatting - there's countless videos about that) and the problem should be solved. Of course you can also try formatting your present Sandisk card in the drone and see if it works. Note: Formatting erases ALL data on the card!
This is the one to buy: https://www.amazon.com.br/dp/B07 ... BMBVPE1MBNBX4E81ZYV
Maybe you can get a better price at other sellers.
2022-4-10
Use props
Robson Brasil
lvl.2
Brazil

Landey Posted at 4-10 22:37
Good "morning". ;)

I need to admit that your way of providing photos and information is a bit strange, so I party understand Johnny's way of reacting.

Landey, good morning. Once again, thank you very much for the reply and I appreciate your intention to help. Thanks also for sharing your experiences. Well, let me introduce myself. I'm 60 years old, I'm a professional executive jet pilot, flight instructor, model airplane designer, I owned a model airplane shop for decades, worked with UAVs in Brazil, met and was at DJI (at Shenzhen) almost 20 years ago in the development of a project . Anyway, I'm no first defendant in drones, model airplanes and planes, do you agree? I've been away from drones for a long time and I thought that on the DJI forum I would find users who could politely give me a tip or even clarify the problem. Now, if I may, I will clarify my post. The reason I posted the photos was to show that I use original SD cards because the most common ones are counterfeits these days. My professional life, which I have had since I was a teenager, made me adapt very easily to the good old operating/user manuals. Therefore, the first thing I did before buying the Mini 2 was to read it by downloading it from the DJI website. Using the 32Gb cards was an attempt to identify if the problem was with the Extreme 256Gb card or the drone. Initially I used the Extreme 256Gb and the problem appeared immediately, that's why I took the initiative to use the two ordinary 32Gb cards. I appreciate your instructions on how to format and use the card but that's exactly the way it was done. I tell you again that further attempts were made with the aim of solving the problem presented. Well, going back a little in our conversation, I would like you to point out my mistake in publishing my post that justified the rude way of a user to address me that way. Friend, we may not have the same tastes, but we are obliged to respect each other. That's my stance. Coming back......... I'm going to purchase the card you recommended. Good week, hugs and good flights.
2022-4-11
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Robson Brasil Posted at 4-11 04:39
Landey, good morning. Once again, thank you very much for the reply and I appreciate your intention to help. Thanks also for sharing your experiences. Well, let me introduce myself. I'm 60 years old, I'm a professional executive jet pilot, flight instructor, model airplane designer, I owned a model airplane shop for decades, worked with UAVs in Brazil, met and was at DJI (at Shenzhen) almost 20 years ago in the development of a project . Anyway, I'm no first defendant in drones, model airplanes and planes, do you agree? I've been away from drones for a long time and I thought that on the DJI forum I would find users who could politely give me a tip or even clarify the problem. Now, if I may, I will clarify my post. The reason I posted the photos was to show that I use original SD cards because the most common ones are counterfeits these days. My professional life, which I have had since I was a teenager, made me adapt very easily to the good old operating/user manuals. Therefore, the first thing I did before buying the Mini 2 was to read it by downloading it from the DJI website. Using the 32Gb cards was an attempt to identify if the problem was with the Extreme 256Gb card or the drone. Initially I used the Extreme 256Gb and the problem appeared immediately, that's why I took the initiative to use the two ordinary 32Gb cards. I appreciate your instructions on how to format and use the card but that's exactly the way it was done. I tell you again that further attempts were made with the aim of solving the problem presented. Well, going back a little in our conversation, I would like you to point out my mistake in publishing my post that justified the rude way of a user to address me that way. Friend, we may not have the same tastes, but we are obliged to respect each other. That's my stance. Coming back......... I'm going to purchase the card you recommended. Good week, hugs and good flights.

Hello once more! ;)

One part of the problem is that the Mini 2 behaves quite erratically regarding SD cards.
As said, I've got the same SD card recognized and used for recording 1080p video and photos - but the next time I inserted the same card, it didn't record 1080p video anymore. And next time it also didn't take photos anymore. Next time, the card wasn't recognized at all.
I didn't experience any problems with the SD card I suggested to buy - there might be better ones, but I know for sure this SD card works with my Mini 2 (and with the Autel Nano Plus), so that's why I recommend it.

Regarding forum manners: It's the internet, it's a forum, it's a place where very different people congregate, old and young, educated and under-educated, with a high and a low self-esteem.
Just add some assumed anonymity - and you've got an explosive mixture.
Members with a low self-esteem deperately try to find reasons for attacking others, for making themselves feel better, more powerful, more important. You can easily spot those ones by their use of swear words, insults and threats, and their inability to provide proof for the things they boastly say.
It's just human habit. ;)
Hope you'll be happy with your new SD card.
2022-4-12
Use props
Robson Brasil
lvl.2
Brazil

Landey Posted at 4-12 00:51
Hello once more! ;)

One part of the problem is that the Mini 2 behaves quite erratically regarding SD cards.

Hello again to you too! Not only in my country, but all over the world, piracy has taken over. So it's a little difficult to have access to really original products and it may have happened to me. Maybe even today I'll get a card from a friend to try on my Mini 2. As for people, unfortunately the world is like this, completely out of control, without scruples. Add to that the cowards that hide behind the internet and the result is what we see around and on the forums as well. Good to "talk" to you again. I'll let you know if my friend's card worked on the Mini 2. Hugs and good flights.
2022-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules