DJI Action Cam Sound being modified
582 4 2022-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MasterLooser
lvl.1

Austria

hello i bought a dji action cam a few months back and mainly use it in my car (motorcycle in the future).

i do listen to quite bassheavy music in my car and when recording i noticed the camera seems to automatically remove the bass after like 1-2 seconds, i made show the wind suppression stuff is off, so no idea why it still modifies the audio, is there a way to completly disable any audio modification and just record the raw microphone?

https://streamable.com/iizozq

its also clearly visible in the audio graph, where the song is basically the same volume wise but it goes quieter and quieter

2022-4-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there MasterLooser, This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing, we will confirm this info with engineers and will keep you updated. Thank you.
2022-4-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there MasterLooser. Thank you for reaching out.
We recommend that you use the base and the main camera to record together.
It may not be able to achieve the sound of the original audio, but the four-microphone array will be stronger than one microphone on a single host.
Thank you.
2022-4-13
Use props
MasterLooser
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-13 01:35
Hello there MasterLooser. Thank you for reaching out.
We recommend that you use the base and the main camera to record together.
It may not be able to achieve the sound of the original audio, but the four-microphone array will be stronger than one microphone on a single host.

hello, i am using the camera alone, no extra mircophone (just the standard one)

i dont mind that the audio itself is clipping (audio too loud for mic) but i really dont like how the software is leveling down the volume.
any chance u have a modifiable firmware if you dont plan on update that any further? i am a programmer myself and have no issues tinkering around, but disassembling the .bin firmware is a pain in the a**
2022-4-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MasterLooser Posted at 4-18 10:19
hello, i am using the camera alone, no extra mircophone (just the standard one)

i dont mind that the audio itself is clipping (audio too loud for mic) but i really dont like how the software is leveling down the volume.

Hi, there. We are sorry to tell you that we don't have any information about this issue, but we will transfer your feedback to the relevant engineer and hope we could provide more choices to optimize the usage of the product.
2022-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules