Unlimited Internet With P4RTK.
3666 15 2022-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pltbugrahanyeni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 719052 ft
Turkey

In this video I shared, I used the gnss device to determine the ground control point coordinates for places without internet. What I want to ask is that I connect phantom rtk and ntrip with usb dongle. When I try to connect to the internet via wifi, I get a warning that the device must be disconnected. Does anyone have an ntrip connection from the remote with wifi connection?
2022-4-11
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

Does anyone have an ntrip connection from the remote with wifi connection? i do without problems. But i heard some units have thats issue.
2022-4-11
Use props
pltbugrahanyeni
lvl.2
Turkey

Guille_Meinero Posted at 4-11 05:00
Does anyone have an ntrip connection from the remote with wifi connection? i do without problems. But i heard some units have thats issue.

I bought the product from a turkey seller and i live in turkey. Can you explain the steps you did? Let me explain my flow.
1- After the controller and drone are turned on, I connect via the custom network from the rtk menu and fly when it is fixed.
2- If the drone and the controller are connected, when I turn on the wifi feature, I get the warning that it can be opened after the drone is disconnected from the controller.
3- I can only connect and use wifi when the remote is on.
4- When the drone is turned on while the controller is on and wifi is connected, wifi connection is automatically disabled.
2022-4-11
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

I just dont have any problem when sharing wifi from my cellphone (Samsung android)... 1) Turn on share wifi on my cellphone, 2) connect with drone's controller, 3) connect to ntrip, 4) fly
2022-4-11
Use props
pltbugrahanyeni
lvl.2
Turkey

Guille_Meinero Posted at 4-11 08:52
I just dont have any problem when sharing wifi from my cellphone (Samsung android)... 1) Turn on share wifi on my cellphone, 2) connect with drone's controller, 3) connect to ntrip, 4) fly

very interesting.  There may be version differences according to countries.  I hope someone has the problem and solves it.
2022-4-11
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

pltbugrahanyeni Posted at 4-11 09:04
very interesting.  There may be version differences according to countries.  I hope someone has the problem and solves it.

yes, i've heard some region versions of this product ask you to connect from the USB - 4G dongle on the drone's controller. Mine is USA region
2022-4-11
Use props
pltbugrahanyeni
lvl.2
Turkey

Guille_Meinero Posted at 4-11 10:07
yes, i've heard some region versions of this product ask you to connect from the USB - 4G dongle on the drone's controller. Mine is USA region

I have attached the image of the error.  My second question is this.  If you watched the video, I provide internet access to the area without internet.  I'm wondering if I can trick the remote with the usb to ethernet converter.  by deceiving it as if it was plugged into a usb modem.
20220411_201714.jpg
2022-4-11
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

pltbugrahanyeni Posted at 4-11 10:10
I have attached the image of the error.  My second question is this.  If you watched the video, I provide internet access to the area without internet.  I'm wondering if I can trick the remote with the usb to ethernet converter.  by deceiving it as if it was plugged into a usb modem.

i dont know that, im sorry. In my country (argentina) i dont always have internet access thats why i bought DRTK2. ... BUT when i have i just share wifi with a cellphone.
2022-4-11
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=210837
"For NA version, using a 4G Dongle with SIM card is recommended but a wifi signal can also be used"
2022-4-11
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D699%26typeid%3D699
2022-4-11
Use props
pltbugrahanyeni
lvl.2
Turkey

Guille_Meinero Posted at 4-11 10:15
i dont know that, im sorry. In my country (argentina) i dont always have internet access thats why i bought DRTK2. ... BUT when i have i just share wifi with a cellphone.

If you get any information, please let me know.  thanks for everything.
2022-4-11
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

Hi surveyors,

here is an answer from the german DJI-Support (translated via Google):

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
We are sorry to hear about the Phantom 4 RTK connection issue.
Due to hardware limitations (wifi uses the same frequency as occusync via the remote control connection) the p4rtk remote control can either be connected to the internet/hotspot - or connect to the drone.
Both at the same time is unfortunately not possible without a dongle.

Unfortunately, Bluetooth tethering is not available. After consultation with our product engineers, usb tethering is listed in the system settings, but it cannot be used to transmit/share an Internet connection via the usb a and c port.
Please use the supplied white zte dongle with SIM card to establish an internet connection, e.g. B. for network RTK. A backup Internet connection without using the dongle is unfortunately not possible for the Phantom 4 rtk."

This were my questions:

• How can an external network connection be transferred to the remote control? As a backup or poor reception in the field, this feature is very important. However, all attempts to establish a connection have so far failed.
• Bluetooth tethering: the remote control doesn't seem to have a BT function?
• USB tethering: the connection from the smartphone via cable to the USB-C port on the remote works, but there is no network connection. The connection to the normal USB port in the dongle compartment works, but the remote control is only recognized as a mass storage device - data transmission is apparently not possible in this way (although the dongle is usually located there and transmits data?)
• A WiFi hotspot can be set up, but then no connection to the drone is possible at the same time, since the WiFi of the remote has to be switched off for this?! This option should normally work, at least that's what is reported on various DJI forums.
• The function to use a WiFi hotspot would also be useful to operate an RTK base station.
• So what option is there to transmit an external data stream to the remote control while there is a radio connection to the drone?

2022-4-26
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting that the version sold in North America doesn't have those hardware limitations and works just fine with a hotspot.

Sounds like somebody wanted to sell dongles and data plans in Europe...
2022-4-26
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

patiam Posted at 4-26 07:51
Interesting that the version sold in North America doesn't have those hardware limitations and works just fine with a hotspot.

Sounds like somebody wanted to sell dongles and data plans in Europe...

Yes, its really odd. Especially because DJI is argumenting with hardware limitations regarding Ocusync - these limitations exist or not exist - independent from the continent.

For me its really bad because the german mobile network is very weak or not existing in some regions and i have no opportunity to get RTK-Stream through other ways.  
2022-4-28
Use props
geomentor
lvl.1
Hungary

pltbugrahanyeni Posted at 2022-4-11 10:10

Hi,
I have the same problem. I want to connect the controller to other external WiFi device, while it connected to the drone. I am in Hungary. Could you find solution?
2023-2-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

geomentor Posted at 2-28 00:22
Hi,
I have the same problem. I want to connect the controller to other external WiFi device, while it connected to the drone. I am in Hungary. Could you find solution?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-285452-1-1.html
2023-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules