4740 17 2022-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25794 ft
  • >>>
France

If you're interested to see how is the Ronin 4D on the new Tilta Float, I did for you a video : https://www.instagram.com/p/CcLYHCTDqmJ/
2022-4-11
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is that using the official Tilta pin and manfrotto plate bracket they just released? It works well but I find it very difficult to get the camera off the float afterwards.
2022-4-11
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

fansdf50142f Posted at 4-11 06:56
Is that using the official Tilta pin and manfrotto plate bracket they just released? It works well but I find it very difficult to get the camera off the float afterwards.

Yes, it is the new pin and manfrotto bracket.

To remove it, I just use my right hand to push on the mecanial arm, and my left hand holding the camera. It's just as easy, no?
2022-4-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Chapeaublanc. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and this interesting link as well. Again, thank you for your support and keep filming. .
2022-4-12
Use props
fans8240cd91
lvl.1

United States

Thank you so much for sharing , great video, how low can you go ? Do you think there is any way to add more range to the Tilta float arm ?
2022-4-14
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

fans8240cd91 Posted at 4-14 05:25
Thank you so much for sharing , great video, how low can you go ? Do you think there is any way to add more range to the Tilta float arm ?

You can low at 50cm from the ground approximately, depend how tall you are, because the arm give you +/- 50 cm of latitude. And I don't see how we can increase it.
2022-4-14
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chapeaublanc Posted at 4-11 07:04
Yes, it is the new pin and manfrotto bracket.

To remove it, I just use my right hand to push on the mecanial arm, and my left hand holding the camera. It's just as easy, no?

Are you removing by using the manfrotto release or the pin? I have been using the manfrotto release and find it grabs as i try and slide it. I have also noticed you are mounting it further forward on the Ronin 4D plate than me which looks like it balances better.
2022-4-18
Use props
radcity
lvl.2
United States

DUDE, holy crap. This looks amazing. I see that it mounts on the bottom of the camera. Does that affect the sensors for the z-axis? Like does the tilta camera mount block the sensors at all?
2022-4-23
Use props
fans7cdb26d6
New

United States

I am trying the 4D amd will have it on the tilta. Does it take out the steps? The z axis is mechanical so there is still a bobble when I walk. Any tips?
2022-4-26
Use props
Java McPhearson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153835 ft
  • >>>
United States

A little Mozart and a young unoaked Chardonnay would complete the experience. Compliments au Chef.
2022-4-29
Use props
Java McPhearson
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

If you pray for stability… get a Tilta Float for Handhelds… and then you can pray to yourself… for you will become a God of Smooth.  #tiltafloat #ronin4d #Tilta
2022-5-9
Use props
Sonoma.911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50791 ft
United States

Chapeaublanc- How is the back support?  I read some reviews that the waist belt was lacking back support.   
2022-5-18
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Sonoma.911 Posted at 5-18 09:08
Chapeaublanc- How is the back support?  I read some reviews that the waist belt was lacking back support.

Yes it's right if you use it "raw" it can be very unconfortable. But if you "upgrade" the back support to be a little more up, there is any problem at all.
2022-5-18
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

radcity Posted at 4-23 11:32
DUDE, holy crap. This looks amazing. I see that it mounts on the bottom of the camera. Does that affect the sensors for the z-axis? Like does the tilta camera mount block the sensors at all?

would like to know this as well. seems it does?
2022-6-28
Use props
Java McPhearson
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Master, check my additional notes on your instagram post on hanging the 4D under the float arm at chest level with a 180 on the belt and back support pointing down.
2022-7-31
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Java McPhearson Posted at 7-31 16:56
Master, check my additional notes on your instagram post on hanging the 4D under the float arm at chest level with a 180 on the belt and back support pointing down.

Yes I checked it, but unfortunately I don't think it's possible due to the Tilta Arme "pin" conception
2022-8-9
Use props
darealiss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1146001 ft
Antigua and Barbuda

Just watched.  I'm considering this and put down my easy rig
2022-8-17
Use props
Java McPhearson
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Chapeaublanc Posted at 2022-8-9 08:40
Yes I checked it, but unfortunately I don't think it's possible due to the Tilta Arme "pin" conception

I am an idiot. The whole reason to hang the camera was to not block the sensors underneath. Just mount the Manfroto plate sideways in the back. The weight shift is negligible and all sensors can see ground.
2023-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules