12Next >
4982 58 2022-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_OsEv61CmXAVw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576913 ft
United States

UPDATE: I have discovered the issue. The cord is faulty. I had complete control of my drone the entire time, I just could not see it from the phone. All that had to be done, was the cable pressed into the phone a little more snuggly. I will use another usb c to usb c cable.

Hello,
I had my first complete loss of connection yesterday. Thankfully it came back a few minutes later. Phew!
This has left me with so many questions. The last time i lost connection during a flight, it came back a few seconds later and i was able to control my drone again. This time when the drone started RTH, i never got connection to the remote back.  Why is this, and should i have tried restarting my remote?

I would like to try and learn more about the reasons for a total loss of RC connection. I has 22 sattelites and full RC bars when connection completely failed. The video shows that when it returned to home, You could see the take off point. Thanks for your help!
Resized_Screenshot_20220412-164240_210544083731503.jpeg
2022-4-13
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Impossible to determine a reason by just reading the description.
Calling @JJB* for help!

I guess posting the flight log will help shedding some light on the cause.

About restarting the remote, there's an ancient German saying: "Jeder Boot tut gut." (Every boot does something good.) - So YES, you should have tried that. ;)
Numbers of satellites received have no effect on the remote control transmission, it's two completely separate things - determining the drone's physical position, and controlling the drone.

2022-4-13
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The logs may reveal more but your screen shot shows 950 meters and height 120 metres not feet.
2022-4-13
Use props
djiuser_OsEv61CmXAVw
lvl.2
United States

I thought the screen shot posted was of the flight log? I had absolutely no warning appear on the screen at all. I've gotten the red interference warning in previous flights, but I got no warnings at all before the total loss of RC connection this time around.
2022-4-13
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 4-13 03:35
The logs may reveal more but your screen shot shows 950 meters and height 120 metres not feet.

So, you must have it all in Stones, Drams, Grains, Pennyweights, Scruples ... ?
Or is it ok with Feet, Miles, Gallons, Inches and everything else not in the ISO 10012 Measurement System?
2022-4-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you had receive any error message on the DJI Fly application when this happened and may we also please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? In addition, can you please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI Mini 2 might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-4-13
Use props
msmoker37
lvl.2
United States

I had no error messages at all. I was using the samsung s20 FE.
2022-4-13
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Johnny_J Posted at 4-13 03:48
Or is it ok with Feet, Miles, Gallons, Inches and everything else not in the ISO 10012 Measurement System?

Johnny ...

There HAD BEEN a real solid reason for Osmo pointing to that.
It's gone because the original poster edited his post and removed the discrepancy.

How about adhering to a simple rule? - Don't comment if you don't have a clue.
2022-4-13
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Landey Posted at 4-13 04:12
Johnny ...

There HAD BEEN a real solid reason for Osmo pointing to that.

Please make a video about it. I'm a YouTube retard. I cannot read!

It's true Landey! One of the female moderators here actually asked a member to post a video of a LED that was not light up!
2022-4-13
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 4-13 03:48

What do you bring to the discussion apart from nonsense?
2022-4-13
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 4-13 07:36
What do you bring to the discussion apart from nonsense?

Why do you reply then?
2022-4-13
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

;-(
2022-4-13
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

If you were close to an airport, or other controlled airspace ... it's possible RTH was executed on you by an airport or other authority.
Before I knew about LAANC, I had tried to fly too close to an airport and my screen went awry as the drone did a rth.
Since I learned about laanc and how it integrates, it makes sense now, ... but be aware, rth can be automated on you if you are in violation.
I have flown again in the same areas, using laanc, without issue.
2022-4-13
Use props
msmoker37
lvl.2
United States

Nothing showed up on the map as far as warning areas and no fly zones. The nearest airport was 15 miles away if not further.
2022-4-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Best to get help/advice is to upload your flightlog.
use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here

cheers
JJB
2022-4-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could the extra time it had taken to come back have been because of the Failsafe RTH, i.e. you may have flown a bit too far past the signal received, then it had to wait about 11 seconds to see if it will come back but it didn't so it then needed the time to backtrack 50m along the original route to try to get the signal back, this may have felt longer than it actually was due to the old chocolate starfish puckering some, this puckering can cause the spacetime continuum to slow down, a bit like stepping to close to the event horizon of a black hole.

PS, don't mind me, I blame my tablets, they make me think im actually funny :/, if my idea was not what happened then apologies, please seek professional help (don't see mine, she no good) namely JJB* (see reply above mine) or Labroides but then will need you to upload your logfile, again, see post above this one on how to do this, if you struggle to find the file, ask us
2022-4-13
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

msmoker37 Posted at 4-13 09:34
Nothing showed up on the map as far as warning areas and no fly zones. The nearest airport was 15 miles away if not further.

A VERY daring assumption:  I had a look at Google's street view - there's old power poles at the place you started your flight. That ancient things may cause flashovers, sometimes audible and visible, sometimes not. Flashovers often produce a mess of electromagnetic disturbance in the vicinity, thus it might be possible your controller's receiver got stuffed with interference.
Try a place far away from power poles next time.

As said: It's a daring assumption, quite unlikely. Just for the case the log doesn't clear things up.
2022-4-14
Use props
msmoker37
lvl.2
United States

here is my flight log:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/00Q4ZV9EYDVIYKU5JAIW
2022-4-14
Use props
fansf814f8f4
lvl.2
United States

Landey Posted at 4-14 02:26
A VERY daring assumption:  I had a look at Google's street view - there's old power poles at the place you started your flight. That ancient things may cause flashovers, sometimes audible and visible, sometimes not. Flashovers often produce a mess of electromagnetic disturbance in the vicinity, thus it might be possible your controller's receiver got stuffed with interference.

I appreciate the feedback. I was flying pretty close to the power lines. they were behind me so I never went over them with the drone. However that's exactly why I came here- to hear things like this. I will definitely make sure im away from power lines next time!
2022-4-14
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Power poles have no effect on the drone.
2022-4-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
France

msmoker37 Posted at 4-14 04:34
here is my flight log:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/00Q4ZV9EYDVIYKU5JAIW

Thats interesting, where the rest of the flight log...  ...it just stops at 5:16.5
2022-4-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
France

Yeah, i agree, i fly from under the transformers  and cable sometimes with no effect, Landey making assumptions again ;)
2022-4-14
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Landey Posted at 4-14 02:26

You have watched too many cheap Hollywood movies!
2022-4-14
Use props
fansf814f8f4
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-14 08:18
Thats interesting, where the rest of the flight log...  ...it just stops at 5:16.5

that is when I lost complete RC signal with the drone. the video shows the drone took the proper straight line back, but for some reason the drone did not record the RTH on the flight log. The controller had power the whole time, the phone had power the whole time, I just lost the signal/ability to control. The screen went grey, all the readings went red, and the drone location arrow went black. I just waited and hoped that my drone would come back. It was an awesome moment when I finally saw it descend from the sky! It was heavenly lol
2022-4-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansf814f8f4 Posted at 4-14 09:12
that is when I lost complete RC signal with the drone. the video shows the drone took the proper straight line back, but for some reason the drone did not record the RTH on the flight log. The controller had power the whole time, the phone had power the whole time, I just lost the signal/ability to control. The screen went grey, all the readings went red, and the drone location arrow went black. I just waited and hoped that my drone would come back. It was an awesome moment when I finally saw it descend from the sky! It was heavenly lol

Hi,

Had a look at your flightlog, no a single sign of something to understand why it lost full contact.
Flying near powerlines does not have any effect on up&down data stream RC<>Drone connection.
Can understand your feelings when your MINI2 was heard/seem above you....

WIth the latest firmware update i have now sometimes that my mobile device shuts down, but the RV<>Drone stays alive, so i can fly back and while doing that restart my device.

cheers
JJB

2022-4-14
Use props
fansf814f8f4
lvl.2
United States

JJB* Posted at 4-14 09:50
Hi,

Had a look at your flightlog, no a single sign of something to understand why it lost full contact.

Thank you for taking a look at it! If I ever run into this issue again (hopefully I won't) I will restart my controller and  see if it reconnects to my drone.
2022-4-14
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 4-14 08:05
Power poles have no effect on the drone.

It's not the power pole and the lines, you can almost ignore the magnetic influence caused in the vicinity of the power lines. That's why I wrote: "That ancient things may cause flashovers, sometimes audible and visible, sometimes not."
It's that flashovers.
Just google "spark plug interference".
It's a well-know phenomenon, and the reason why special "suppressed" spark plugs are sold nowadays.
Have a look: https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/spark-plug-suppressor-cap

We all know that phenomenon from our youth: Noise heard while listening to radio, frequency changing with the motor's rpm.
That's what modern spark plugs don't cause anymore.

Similar principle with old, badly isolated power poles, it's also a matter of humidity - if there's flashover at some points, radio interference may occur, may "stuff" the controller's receiver.
Now have a look at the place where the original poster took off.

As said twice: It's a daring assumption, very unlikely. But still possible. ;)
2022-4-14
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Johnny_J Posted at 4-14 08:32
You have watched too many cheap Hollywood movies!

No, my dear Johnny ...

I choose to learn from reality, not from movies.

I've been at many rural places in Asia, far away from the tourist streams. Places where power poles like at the original poster's takeoff point are used.
In the nights, you often hear them buzzing and see tiny blue sparks, especially if the air is damp from the jungle all around.
Mobile networks don't work very well at such rural places, but if you go near such a power pole, the mobile signal vanishes completely.
I tried that several times because I found it interesting.
Did you? Or Bashy? No? So how about keeping silent till you know what you are talking about?
2022-4-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're on one again with ya bible writing, I am not gonna engage any further.
2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Landey Posted at 4-14 23:31
No, my dear Johnny ...

I choose to learn from reality, not from movies.

1. I'm not your "dear" (Ridiculous!)
2. The OP is not flying around in your rose-tinted Asian areas which you like to equal with his environment judging from this post to your "dear" .
2022-4-15
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Johnny_J Posted at 4-15 03:52
1. I'm not your "dear" (Ridiculous!)
2. The OP is not flying around in your rose-tinted Asian areas which you like to equal with his environment judging from this post to your "dear" .

My dearest Johnny ... <- You feel better now?

Didn't I politely ask you to read my posts attentively?
So please read again and do your Street View homework.

Bashy: Wise decision, appreciate that.
2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Landey Posted at 4-15 04:35
My dearest Johnny ...

Now you are out of line! Shape up and realize that the World is Not spinning around You!
2022-4-15
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Johnny_J Posted at 4-15 04:42
Now you are out of line! Shape up and realize that the World is Not spinning around You!

My utmost dearest Johnny ... <- "dear" wasn't enough, "dearest" wasn't enough - hope you are happy now.

You know Michael Jackson?
Quote:

I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could've been any clearer
If they wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change

2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Landey Posted at 4-15 05:24
My utmost dearest Johnny ...

I'm convinced you are familiar with Michael! I am afraid that your love for him make you suspicious of certain unwanted acts.
2022-4-15
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Johnny_J Posted at 4-15 05:32
I'm convinced you are familiar with Michael! I am afraid that your love for him make you suspicious of certain unwanted acts.

Quite a weak reply, don't you agree? ;)

Just swallow it, my beloved Johnny, and stop floundering.

I am off now, invited to a Songkran celebration with genuine Thai food. Should give you sufficient time to come up with something more punchy.
2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Landey Posted at 4-15 05:42
Quite a weak reply, don't you agree? ;)

I have no reason to do so. I'm quite confident in my life and see you only as a bug on my shoulder, already brushed off!
Yet you have to BRAG to underline that you are an  'important person' who is 'invited' to an 'event' ...
2022-4-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Landey and Johnny,

It looks like we, this forum, has got new forum text fighters....

Nothing to add to the subject of this thread but derailing this thread, if i may say so , give you both an advice ; you do not have to react to posts you don`t like or disagree with.
If we all do this than this forum gets better, more to the tech/ops of drone flying instead of silly messages wich do not positive contribute to this forum.

But many happy landings to you both,
cheers
JJB
2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

JJB* Posted at 4-15 06:02
Hi Landey and Johnny,

It looks like we, this forum, has got new forum text fighters....

Maybe DJI Wanda wants a video?
2022-4-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 4-15 05:42

That's what Michael said...
Damn, I'm goood! Landey, you're just being antagonistic and always like the last word, even if its the other party leaving you to it, and you said it was me with the issues lol

Anyhoo, we can disregard your explanation because i dont believe that New York state has 3rd world leccy infrastructure at what i am assuming is a hydro electric damn? i mean, thats why you're continuing this with Johnny, no? perhaps we can throw some other ideas out there?

Hey, JJB*, some quickfire Q's,
with regards to disconnects in general, this isnt what happens is it? even though the OP was at full throttle, we would still expect to see some signal degradation prior to a full-on disconnect?
and we would expect the logfile to pick-up again when the signal returned until such time as the ac has landed or is it turned off?
So that 100% rules out my idea of the Failsafe RTH...
I wonder if the AC's logfile would have more data, i cant remember, can we access those or is it just DJI?
I looked through Frap 1.1 but i cannot find RC Signal anywhere, is that not included?

I would go try recreate this, same battery, same location if possible as im not sure if i would trust it 100%, granted, it did come back but its ruining the flight.

2022-4-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules