628 3 2022-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stevesobrado
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7344475 ft
  • >>>
United States

So the unspeakable occured to me the other day.  My new Mavic 3 cine found its way to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico in Portland, Texas.  No, the battery did not fail.  Nope, firmware update did not cause her to fail.  Oh, not even human error played a hand in this.... or did it.  It is 100% on me.  I was chasing wind surfers and while one of the surfer was resting I went down to get a point of interest shot, the mrs (the other surfer) came up to break with her hubby as well.  Unbeknownst to her, I had dropped below the 50' mark we spoke about versus using the zoom capabilities of the Mavic 3.  She clipped my drone and in an ackward down ward flow she began to descend.  I throttled up and pushed forward with hopes of my drone landing on the beach versus the water.  However, she dropped some 1200' away. from my location somewhere in the Gulf.  I stood there for a moment asking myself, "what the hell just happened"?   and then I remembered the find my drone feature on my smart controller.  I ran down to the beach from the hill and followed the tracking, I even tried to get her to flash and make sounds but that feature was dead.  It took me a few minutes for the satellites to get me within 2' of where she had laid to rest.  some 1.5 to 2' of prime Gulf of Mexico saltwater.  I was initially excited that I had found my drone and that I did not loose the videos.... only for a moment. I soon realized that i was in prores and was storing in the ssd internal storage.  and the hits kept coming.  my final realization that my drone had died.  That was so bumming even for me.  

Now the good news, I remembered that I had purchased the refresh program.  I went online that night, submitted a repair order.  I then received a shipping label and the next day I shipped away.  About 3 business days later I received an email stating they have received my drone.  A short while latera new email arrived indicating they  were shipping my new drone.  

I read so much griping about one thing or another when it comes to DJI products but in my estimation and over 8 years of flying DJI drones,  my $.02 worth is that DJI is it.  I have purchased just about every recreational and semi-pro drone they have made, not to mention the OSMOS, Ronins, Action 2 and so on.  I am 100% loyal to DJI products.  Not because I have some kind of endorsement but because everytime I take to the air, (1000's of hours) I feel confident in the ability of my DJI drones and the quality of my videos and pictures I capture.  You can see my postings on Skypixel.  

Thank you DJI for the professional service, rapid response and consistent quality products developed and thank you for the painless and efficient customer service and technical support.

A True fan
IMG_5267.JPG
IMG_5267.JPG
IMG_5268.JPG
2022-4-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We are grateful for sharing your experience with our customer service and technical support teams. This will surely strengthen our customer relationship and foster advancement in customer service between our DJI customers. We're glad to be of service.  Thank you for choosing DJI.
2022-4-14
Use props
Stevesobrado
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7344475 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 4-14 10:58
We are grateful for sharing your experience with our customer service and technical support teams. This will surely strengthen our customer relationship and foster advancement in customer service between our DJI customers. We're glad to be of service.  Thank you for choosing DJI.

Sorry,  I posted my Mavic 2 Pro swim from last year.  Here are pictures of my Mavic 3 cine bath
6CA0AB83-F128-4E89-AA62-84C03F645852.jpeg
5B548BBF-0CD3-483B-BAC3-4B736ECB1F0A.jpeg
88F66971-DD78-498B-A7E8-DA83EB0DF95D.jpeg
2022-4-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice to hear a positive story about DJI customer service.  Thanks for sharing.
2022-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules