Mini 2 Video Freezes In Fly App (iOS) at Connection
2299 5 2022-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Being new to the Mini 2, this issue was making me a bit anxious - but I now know how to resolve it.  This issue is probably user specific to whatever hardware and apps you have on your device, because a search of this forum did not return any similar results.  But, if it happens to me it could happen to someone else, so I figured I'd document it here.

Occasionally when I connect my Mini 2 to the Fly app on my iPhone 11, the initial image displayed is a frozen copy of what the drone last saw before being powered off.  The drone appears to respond to commands correctly and flys without issue, but the live video feed remains the frozen image.  Switching from camera to video etc has no effect.  I have not tested, but suspect the drone is in fact recording to the sdcard - it appears that only the Fly app display is frozen.

After panicing the first time or two this occurred, I have since learned that if I "kill" the Fly app in iOS (double click home button and swipe the Fly app thumbnail up to remove it from the list), everything is fine when I restart the Fly app.  This only takes a few seconds, as by this point the drone has already obtained sufficient satellites to fly.

Again, this is likely a quirk based on some specific set of circumstances with my gear.  But problems like this tend not to be entirely unique, even if they are relatively uncommon.

Have fun flying!
2022-4-15
Use props
Canonian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37740 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Tnx for tip.
Have same setup and I didnt notice that.
2022-4-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there TomKatt. Good day and thank you for sharing these information here at DJI Forum. Hope you have a nice day.
2022-4-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TomKatt. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive never had this myself before,  I only use the 13 Pro Max to fly it or the Smart Controller.
2022-4-16
Use props
PatEV
New
United Kingdom

I have the same issue, i.e. Mini 2 with an iPhone 11.  In my case the screen remains frozen even if I reboot the App.  I have tested the drone and you are correct it is recording normally on the SD card.  I changed the lead between the phone and the controller - No difference

Deleted and reloaded the DJI Fly App (several times) - Still the same.

Downloaded the DJI App to my wifes iphone (iphone10X) and it resolves the issue.  Got an old iphone 8 out that was laying in a draw - Downloaded the APP and it works fine. This phone has no SIM.  Couple of questions:
1. Anyone got a suggestion of what it could be on the iPhone11
2. Will the drone fly normally in a phone that does not have a SIM?
2022-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules