What thread lock to use for mini 2?
1479 9 2022-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans83efd602
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68474 ft
Philippines

Hello, I unscrewed my props and the old screw has threadlock weared off, and installed a new one with threadlock from the spare screws. I want to re-use the screws, is loctite 243 okay? or does any threadlock will work (except the very strong threadlocks)
2022-4-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you buy genuine DJI props they come with 6 screws per set, so you have 2 spare screws in each pack of 4 blades. You might want to look into whether or not liquid thread lockers can damage the winding varnish in the copper windings.
2022-4-15
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

I would use Vibratite VLC. You put it on the threads and let it dry.
2022-4-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The original screws in the new official DJI prop packs already have threadlock on them.
2022-4-15
Use props
fans83efd602
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68474 ft
Philippines

Bashy Posted at 4-15 18:05
The original screws in the new official DJI prop packs already have threadlock on them.

yeah, the old screws might be useful in the future, that's why I want to re-use them
2022-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans83efd602 Posted at 4-15 21:08
yeah, the old screws might be useful in the future, that's why I want to re-use them

As you need to keep the props in the pairs from the packet (as they are molded together in balanced pairs) theres no real need to ever reuse the screws.
2022-4-16
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

I guess you shouldn't use a strong threadlocker as the screws are tiny, and such is the slot which may easily shear if you need to apply a lot of force. Quite a pity DJI didn't use Torx.
2022-4-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Landey Posted at 4-16 01:09
I guess you shouldn't use a strong threadlocker as the screws are tiny, and such is the slot which may easily shear if you need to apply a lot of force. Quite a pity DJI didn't use Torx.

For sure Torx would have been much better.  
2022-4-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was out flying in a field and had to replace a pair of props and dropped one of the new screws.  I had saved a pair of old ones so got some Loctite blue 242 (removable) from the trunk and used it.  Props stayed on securely and months later when I switched props the screw came out without a problem.  
2022-4-16
Use props
shizack
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45505 ft
United States

Any brand of medium strength blue should work.  Only use a tiny bit to ensure it doesn't get in the motor AT ALL.  I got some in a helicopter motor back in the day and had to replace the motor.
2022-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules