FPV DRAINS PHONE POWER
493 3 2022-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevenstuff
lvl.1
United States

Hi:

Is there a setup that will allow me to get additional power to my iphone when using my FPV?  My Mavic Pro 2 obv. doesn't have goggles so I can use a battery pack for some serious power.  But the port that takes the battery pack is the one that the goggles attach to.  Is there some kind of splitter available?
2022-4-15
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I'm pretty sure the goggles will power your phone through the USB-C connection.

When I download flight logs from my goggles, I power the goggles from a bench top power supply. When I connect my Android tablet to the goggles, the goggles pull more current from the power supply. If you power your goggles from a good sized 3S pack, there should be plenty of extra power for your your phone.

The sort USB cable connects to the goggles. Your smart device connects to the longer USB cable.
2022-4-16
Use props
stevenstuff
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for answering.  I'm not sure what you mean though.  If I have to use the port on my iPhone to connect the goggles how do I get extra power to the phone?  Will the goggles work if they are not directly connected to the iPhone?
2022-4-17
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

stevenstuff Posted at 4-17 02:40
Thanks for answering.  I'm not sure what you mean though.  If I have to use the port on my iPhone to connect the goggles how do I get extra power to the phone?  Will the goggles work if they are not directly connected to the iPhone?

"Will the goggles work if they are not directly connected to the iPhone?"

You're talking about the V2 goggles which come with the DJI FPV Drone right?

The V2 goggles don't need to be connected to a smart device. If a smart device (phone or tablet) is connected to the V2 goggles, the V2 goggles will charge the device though the same USB cable as it uses for data. This of course drains the goggles' battery. I usually don't have a smart device connected to the goggles when I fly. I occasionally use an Android tablet with the V2 goggles if I want to share the video feed with someone else as I fly.
2022-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules