Descending at 0,1m/s
1412 16 2022-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mario-Tours
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138448 ft
Canada

I just receive my mini 2. Fly well, but when going down, it's extremely slow. it descent at 0,1m/s and sometimes a little faster., at 50 m, it take about 2m45sec.About 10 try, two of them where ok, at about 20-25m, all the other try extremely slow.
And it beep every time I go down.

It's a foggy day
I've try it with DJI fly and litchi
I've try 2 different batteries

Anybody have an answers how to fix this problem

Thanks in advance
2022-4-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The first step toward a solution would be to investigate the recorded flight data to see if it points to the cause.

Fog is  likely to be a factor and the data would confirm whether this was the issue.
It's unfortunate that DJI don't allow disabling the downward sensors that can be fooled by fog.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary.

Or just post the .txt file
2022-4-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Initial thoughts are that the downward sensors are picking up on the fog, or that you have added accessories underneath that the sensors are picking up on.
2022-4-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mario-Tours. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Kindly please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different flight environment to see if the issue will persist? Just a reminder that flying in heavy fog or clouds may make your DJI Mini 2 wet, leading to temporarily failure. The DJI drone will recover it's full function once it is dry. For reference I will post some Flight Environment Requirements. Thank you.

2022-4-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-15 19:36
Hello there Mario-Tours. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Kindly please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different flight environment to see if the issue will persist? Just a reminder that flying in heavy fog or clouds may make your DJI Mini 2 wet, leading to temporarily failure. The DJI drone will recover it's full function once it is dry. For reference I will post some Flight Environment Requirements. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Stephen,

Do you know that your landing protection is the cause of this issue??

Landing protection is great in DJI drones ; hover at 0.5 meter above the ground and 100% stick down : it will enter ForcedLanding and drone lands itself real nice!

BUT flying with any speed at 0.5 meter and stick down it will enter an autolanding too !!  where the remote pilot has no intention to land
BUT flying and the downward sensor is FALSE sensing 0.5 plus stick down it will enter an autolanding as well!!

Please inform your software engineers about this and change this in the software like this:
  • Option to enable/disable the bottom sensor
  • Option to automatically disable bottom sensor when flying above some speed and some height. (and enable again when within threshold values)
    (no need to have this sensor on flying at 120 meter with 8 m/s)
  • If sensor is enabled and flying with some speed at low altitude and stick down ; show message if pilot really wants to land!
    (like in track mode where pilot cannot descend manual below 0.5 meter)

cheers
JJB
2022-4-16
Use props
Mario-Tours
lvl.1
Canada

Labroides Posted at 4-15 16:45
The first step toward a solution would be to investigate the recorded flight data to see if it points to the cause.

Thank you for that fast reply. I’ve learn something new, but I was not able to copy or open the folder.
2022-4-16
Use props
Mario-Tours
lvl.1
Canada

Bashy Posted at 4-15 18:02
Initial thoughts are that the downward sensors are picking up on the fog, or that you have added accessories underneath that the sensors are picking up on.

Yes, I think this was the problem, today, nice and sunny, and everything is working well. Thanks for your information.
2022-4-16
Use props
Mario-Tours
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-15 19:36

[view_image]

I believe the fog was the problem, today, everything is working well, same location. Thank you for your information.
2022-4-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 4-16 01:21
Hi Stephen,

I would also add even at landing height, any horizontal movement over 1 m/s then disable auto landing, I say this because I was trying to hug the ground at minimum height going along a track to a church yesterday and it kept trying to autoland and I had to keep ruining the shot with the up stick command
2022-4-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mario-Tours Posted at 4-16 09:07
Yes, I think this was the problem, today, nice and sunny, and everything is working well. Thanks for your information.

At least you know now, 1 other point of interest, between -10ºC and 4ºC and high humidity (fog) there is a strong chance of prop icing, it does not need to be 0ºC or less for prop icing to occur anything lower than -10ºC then the air will be too dry so it will not be an issue
2022-4-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BUT flying and the downward sensor is FALSE sensing 0.5 plus stick down it will enter an autolanding as well!!

Maybe I am midunderstanding what you mean but if, for example, the drone is moving horizontally 1.5m  above flat ground, in fog etc. that is thick enough for the VPS to think it the drone is 50cm above a surface and the pilot applies down stick, how is the drone suppoesd to know that the VPS sensed height is a FALSE reading?
2022-4-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-16 20:55
Maybe I am midunderstanding what you mean but if, for example, the drone is moving horizontally 1.5m  above flat ground, in fog etc. that is thick enough for the VPS to think it the drone is 50cm above a surface and the pilot applies down stick, how is the drone suppoesd to know that the VPS sensed height is a FALSE reading?

Flying above flat surface at 1.5 meter in thick fog than if the VPS sensor sense 0.5 meter (thus false reading) than it will enter forcelanding when down stick is applied.
VPS sensor will never know that it senses FALSE, no extra logic behind this sensor...

Thus....
1 - OPTION to disable/enable downward sensor is needed, let the remote pilot decide to use or not to use this feature.

2 - Automatically disable sensor when flying baro-height higher than....x meters. [ x = user set value ]
This will solve the problem flying high while the donwward sensor sense false 0.5 meter, this false reading for whatever reason.
3- Flying low with any x speed in any direction : automatically disable landing protection and refuse to lower craft below 0.5 meter (as in autotrack mode)
If user applies down stick than prompt the pilot if he wants to land....so no more unwanted forcedlandings ! if pilots wants to land than enable landing protection.

cheers
JJB

2022-4-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 4-16 17:58
I would also add even at landing height, any horizontal movement over 1 m/s then disable auto landing, I say this because I was trying to hug the ground at minimum height going along a track to a church yesterday and it kept trying to autoland and I had to keep ruining the shot with the up stick command

DJI does not react on my posts about this issue, they have never react in the last 5 years....
And a few DJI crafts were lost because of this autolanding!!  some in water.....

If you have the volume low and miss the audio "landing"....flying low and not aware of your craft being in an autolanding....always too late for the UP command to save your craft!

cheers
JJB

2022-4-17
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Stephen,

What he said!
2022-4-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 4-17 00:05
DJI does not react on my posts about this issue, they have never react in the last 5 years....
And a few DJI crafts were lost because of this autolanding!!  some in water.....

I agree, it happened to me yesterday, luckily i wasnt going fast and i managed to hear it as i only had the volume at about 5%, I soon turned that up lol
2022-4-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Mario-Tours Posted at 4-16 09:09
I believe the fog was the problem, today, everything is working well, same location. Thank you for your information.

Hi there Mario-Tours. Thank you for the reply and for these given information. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you and keep flying.
2022-4-19
Use props
Mario-Tours
lvl.1
Canada

Thank you very much
2022-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules