4323 15 2022-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JrFTW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3064934 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, My mavic 3 cine is still disconnecting when I fly it practicly every time. I've tried reaching out to support and they keep fighting with me about exchanging it and I'm a bit frustrated... I'm losing out on clients because I keep having issues with the drone. All I want to do at this point is send mine back and get a new one in exchange. I don't know why that is so difficult. This has been an on going known issue. They want me to pay under DJI Care refresh for something that Is their fault.... SOS someone please help.
2022-4-17
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

* I can be flying out in the open, have 13+ or more sats, not near metal, on my phone hotspot in the middle of a field, or just anywhere and it still happens.
2022-4-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JrFTW. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check if the firmware version of your DJI Mavic 3 and the DJI Fly application are on there latest one and may we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.
2022-4-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

JrFTW Posted at 4-17 09:54
* I can be flying out in the open, have 13+ or more sats, not near metal, on my phone hotspot in the middle of a field, or just anywhere and it still happens.

Lack of satellites would not cause disconnections.
Merely metal being present would not cause disconnections.  It would require something like a metal building being between you and Mavic-3.

What is DJI Repair (Corporate) saying is causing your Mavic-3 to disconnect?

Any idea as to why (or what gets) your Mavic-3 reconnects after it disconnects?  
2022-4-19
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-19 18:48
Hello there JrFTW. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check if the firmware version of your DJI Mavic 3 and the DJI Fly application are on there latest one and may we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.

Mavic 3 Cine
DJI Fly V1.5.10(1070-official)
AC Firmware 0.1.00.0600
RC PRO Firmware 03.01.06000
iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 15.4.1 (HotSpot Use ONLY)
Flight Logs - https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... w7CWy032PwlK7BFEBGS
2022-4-20
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-19 19:36
Lack of satellites would not cause disconnections.
Merely metal being present would not cause disconnections.  It would require something like a metal building being between you and Mavic-3.

No clue it'll try to force land sometimes and then just randomly reconnect.
2022-4-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JrFTW Posted at 4-20 14:00
Mavic 3 Cine
DJI Fly V1.5.10(1070-official)
AC Firmware 0.1.00.0600

Hi there JrFTW. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Since we are facing this issue with your DJI Mavic 3. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-4-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

M3 is a drone with multiple issues. Send it back at the soonest opportunity. Downvote me now ;-)
2022-4-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 4-21 20:49
M3 is a drone with multiple issues. Send it back at the soonest opportunity. Downvote me now ;-)

I gave you an Up-vote to partially compensate for impending multi-account person's 4 Downer votes.   
2022-4-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-21 20:57
I gave you an Up-vote to partially compensate for impending multi-account person's 4 Downer votes.

Thanks. We know what we know well ;-)
2022-4-21
Use props
fans3397033a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170413 ft
  • >>>
United States

JrFTW Posted at 4-20 14:01
No clue it'll try to force land sometimes and then just randomly reconnect.

Not sure if you have solved your problem but apparently this is a known issue. I also had the same issue with my Mavic 3 Cine. The problem seems to be limited to early units, at least that is what I have heard. I received mine in late November 2021. Out of the blue the craft disconnects from the controller. In some cases it was happening within 600 feet of home at 100 feet altitude, clear sky no obstructions, nothing nearby. After disconnecting it pauses then RTH. One time it RTH over 200 feet from home and tried to land over a lake. It reconnected just seconds before landing in the water and I was able to abort the landing.
This drone has flown perfectly for months until now, the only thing I can say is that the problem becomes persistent when I perform master shots. Right after that the drone acts all crazy and the disconnects start.
I did everything DJI told me to do, checked everything, updated everything but didn't help. Randomly it disconnects. I have flown up to 4 or 5 batteries with not a single issue then all of a sudden it starts again.
Well I filled out all the paperwork and just last week sent the drone to CA for service. Within hours of it arriving at DJI I received a phone call from a service rep asking me if I wanted any of the files on the drone. I politely told her no and then we talked a little bit about the drones random behavior. She thanked me and told me to be patient, the Drone would be looked at by the service team. That was Thursday, May 5th. Friday May 6th I received an update that my drone was diagnosed and it was determined that it needed to have the IMU replaced. The email told me that the repair would take a few days, to be patient. Ok, I am patient. Monday May 9th I received another Email that my drone was repaired and was going to Quality Control, then would be shipped. Please be patient. This could take up to 3 days. Two hours later I received another Email, drone was shipped with a tracking number, please be patient.

My take on all of this?
1. DJI Service is actually pretty outstanding. Their concept of being patient is more like my concept of expediting.
2. They didn't test anything. I believe they disassembled my drone, or checked the build specs against my serial number, and knew right off the bat that I had a bad IMU. What I am reading on the forums makes me believe there was a batch of these drones that had a defect. Many people on these forums have had their drones repaired or replaced because of these disconnects and the common thread is we are all the earliest recipients of the drone.
3. DJI has not embraced the American concept of mass recalls for their products. I believe many more of you out there have a hidden defect in your drone and someday it will disconnect for no apparent reason and you will never see it again. I just got lucky.

At one point I considered paying the $230 and refreshing the drone because I had no faith that sending the unit back would solve the problem due to the randomness of the issue. Well let's hope it doesn't happen again. But if it does I will be less concerned over losing my 5k drone. It's a matter of record now that the drone had a problem, DJI repaired it, and it shouldn't have another problem. If it does it again and I lose the drone, I assume DJI will take responsibility and replace it on their dime.
2022-5-9
Use props
Hans Gruber
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-5-9
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

I just bought M3 from MediaMarkt Turkey and reading many of topics about failures on Mavic 3. I hope i won't receive a drone with fabrication errors, it is not cheap and i'm not sure if DJI will help me if it fails and i loose it.

I'm not sure if i send it back without opening the box even...
2022-5-12
Use props
Leebroath
lvl.4
Flight distance : 102923 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

If you have paid for refresh for the Year, and the disconnection is a fault, and DJI acknowledge it

Surely you shouldn't have to pay anything to send the Drone to DJI, and the refresh is not affected?

It's still within the 1 year warranty, regardless of where you buy it
2022-5-14
Use props
fans24813cfd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5913222 ft
United States

Hi JrFTW, I noticed you are using the RC Pro,  I had the exact same issue, but I originally had the basic controller, when upgrading to the RC pro all the disconnect issues started to appear after perfect performance with the basic controller.  DJI replaced my RC Pro and all issues went away.  Either a bad drone or a bad RC pro, I am willing to bet its the RC Pro.
2022-5-15
Use props
fans485c85d1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2189961 ft
United States

I believe I'm having same issue woth my Mavic 3. Have had this drone for little over a year. And only flown it 10 times till recently  last week flying it near an ocean it suddenly disconnects!  Thought maybe it was an issue with area, even considered someone had a wifi scrambler haha  came back to Columbus to fly it and happened again.   Need to do firmware updates and test again buy I have a feeling it's the same issue as alot of you guys are having with the first batch of Mavic 3 suddenly disconnecting I'll keep everyone updated!
2023-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules