Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote draining fast? False battery level? Check this out
1132 7 2022-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

[This has nothing to do with RC charging the phone!]

Now that we have a bunch of mini almost three years old. I think some of you may start having remote battery calibration issue like I do now. Basically the symptom is remote battery display shows for example 3 lights but when you have RC/phone connected to mini it starts to drain very quickly to show low RC battery warning (within minutes if it is serious). In fact it does that even when you have no phone connected. Then you press power button once to check battery it shows 3 lights again.

Someone on unofficial mavic forum investigated the issue and concluded repeated discharge of RC until it cannot power on followed by full recharge seems to fix the issue. This could be a bit damaging to the battery but I think uncalibrated battery gauge is more serious as a flight safety issue. I tried full discharge myself and I could get at least an hour extra by repeatly restarting the RC after it shutdown due to low battery. So I believe uncalibrated battery gauge is the issue. Aging battery can make it go out of calibration. Try this method before replacement or repair for your battery may not be that bad actually... If it is still not fixed try physically resetting calibration with this suggestion in post #9. Follow disassembly instructions .

Update: Did this once. Same issue occured again. Will try some more.

2023 Sept update: Happened again, try empty battery again. Did not work again. Disconnecting battery.

2023 17 Sept udpate: Disassembled yesterday, left battery disconnected for 40min and muffled beeper btw. Fully charged remote and connecting to drone on bench for 1 hour it held 4 lights solid (20min to get one start flashing before). Test flight today appears pretty good. The battery is recalibrated! Might have to do this a year later but that is ok.
2022-4-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  
2022-4-19
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

My mini is only about 18 month to 2yrs old, handy information to know to keep an eye on what the battery's doing
2022-4-19
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

mark117h Posted at 4-19 07:01
My mini is only about 18 month to 2yrs old, handy information to know to keep an eye on what the battery's doing

That investigation post was 2019 so not long after the purchase I wager. May have been a bad battery actually or flew  A LOT.
2022-4-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Guorium. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information your us. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-4-19
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-19 20:23
Hello there Guorium. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information your us. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.

oh hello stephen
2022-4-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Guorium. Thank you for the reply and good day. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-4-21
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

Disassembly fixed it finally. I can be happy again with uninterupted flights!
2023-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules