Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi and thx for checking out my post.

Running the DFI FPV drone here and owned it since they first came out. Suddenly, two weeks ago when I was working on a commercial job, the goggles started reporting "SLOW SD" in the display. Never had this happen across over 150 flights, using the same DJI-recommended SD cards (Sandisk Extreme Pro U3 V30 A2) as always, did no firmware upgrades, etc. Nothing was changed on the rig before this happened. I recently shot 10 hours of video with it on a project in northwestern Maine and it worked perfectly.

I tried 9 other Extreme Pro cards and other cards that meet the minimums including cards on the list posted here by DJI admins. Tried cutting the vid quality to 1080 but SLOW SD reporting problem still there and I need to run higher def anyway. Spent several hours online trying to find solutions. One said to not use the Sandisk Extreme Pro, only Extreme and Extreme Plus, tried that, but no joy.

Not sure of the implications of SD SLOW but there are several threads within which pilots warn to not fly with this report in the on-screen display.

Any ideas appreciated. Kind regards!

2022-4-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to back up all the files on your SD card and kindly please try to reformat it to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-4-19
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI Paladin,
No luck with that approach.
However, this microSD card is now the only card that I have that does not trigger the SLOW SD alert in the googles:

Lexar Professional 667X Video 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card (LMS667V064G-BNANU)

The Sandisk Extremes and Extreme Pros all trigger the alert. Cards were bought from B&H to ensure that they are not pirated versions.

Kind regards and happy flying!
2022-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules