13496 7 2022-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fredyt123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1780436 ft
United States

Hello,

I use the DJI Fly app and can see my flight data, however I need to export it to my computer.  Any tips/advice on how to accomplish this???  Thanks.
2022-4-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

The flightdata is encrypted, so simply export and use it is not possible.

Use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/  (in the link description where to find your data on your device)
Export from phantomhelp to your pc in a CSV format.

cheers
JJB

2022-4-20
Use props
fredyt123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1780436 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 4-20 10:04
Hi,

The flightdata is encrypted, so simply export and use it is not possible.

Thanks JJB

Also, in the meantime I did receive a response from DJI response.  Bottom line, you will need to obtain the .dat file and convert so you can see the data.

1.  https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads
2.  Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant - connect the USB C from the aircraft to your USB port on your computer.  
3   After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
4   The final exported data are ".dat" files.
5.  You will need to convert the .dat files to .csv or some format which is readable.
2022-4-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fredyt123 Posted at 4-20 15:12
Thanks JJB

Also, in the meantime I did receive a response from DJI response.  Bottom line, you will need to obtain the .dat file and convert so you can see the data.

Hi,

No offence, but a bad bottom line....
Mini DAT files cannot be read, only by DJI.
DJI describes how to donwload a DAT file for the use of DJI. (warranty assesment etc)

cheers
JJB
2022-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I upload mine to Airdata.com they have partnered with DJI for access to DJI cloud to download them, from there I have a few options for export.
2022-4-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fredyt123, assuming the air2 is like other mavics, the DATs on the drone are encrypted and unreadable, besides they cover a very limited number of drone switch on/off. I think the the most I have seen on any of my mavics was 18. I assume this is due to limited storage space being allocated to their storage, so you'd need to down load them on a regular basis if you wanted a complete record. You'd do better to, if you use it, switch of syncing and down load the .txt. and DAT flight logs from the App itself. Even then the DAT's maybe encrypted as, App version depending, so too maybe the txt's. If the txt's are encryted then you'd need to process them via the likes of Phantomhelp's log viewer, the csv from the latter is of more use then the csv from Airdata.
2022-4-21
Use props
djiuser_rmlVmOuE3gcs
New
Flight distance : 65558 ft

Malaysia

Hi,

i've crashed my Mini 2 Aircraft and decide to request for the warranty,

DJI responded and request for the Flight control Data (.DAT file) which need to be retrieved from DJI Assistant 2. However the crashed caused my aircraft to deformed badly and unable to turn on the aircraft.

Notice that from tutorial that i need to turn on the aircraft so that im unable to export the flight control data from the DJI Assistant 2.

Any tips or advice to retrieve this Data if my aircraft unable to turn on.
2023-3-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Look for the DAT and txt on the controller or phone, as in post #2.
If you sync your logs, given you mileage you might do,   you will likely have lost the DAT.

If you do not sync then copy those logs to computer BEFORE you upload them to DJI.

Personally I DO NOT syn.
2023-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules