Master Airscrew props
2218 17 2022-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeffg53
lvl.2
Flight distance : 718330 ft
Australia

I just saw a post on FB about Master Airscrew replacement props for the Mavic 3. Do they have any effect on warranty or care refresh? I would like to try them but not to the extent of jeopardising support from DJI.
2022-4-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jeffg53. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses this propellers ( Master airscrew propellers ) on there DJI Mavic #. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mavic 3 specially propellers. Propellers are one of the main components of the drone that should not be taken for granted when flying your DJI drone in terms of compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition, using 3rd party accessories might cause damage or harm on your DJI drones and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.
2022-4-20
Use props
Jeffg53
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks Stephen. That's what I expected. I will stick to DJI only.
2022-4-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd be inclined to stick to the DJI accessories until the warranty or care refresh has expired. After that would be time to experiment
2022-4-20
Use props
Jeffg53
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks. That's the plan. I have no interest in rocking any boats re warranty and care refresh.
2022-4-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly, some of that does not make sense.  If you should crash it, there is nobody that could not figure out to replace the after-market props with the factory props before sending in for service.  
2022-4-20
Use props
LoftyAmbitions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69275 ft
United States

Jeffg53 Posted at 4-20 22:40
Thanks. That's the plan. I have no interest in rocking any boats re warranty and care refresh.

I have the Master Airscrew props for the Mavic 3. You are not missing out by using the stock props.

In the past MAS props provided some significant boosts in performance. DJI has been getting better at designing props and is now getting just about equal performance to the Master Airscrew ones.
2022-4-20
Use props
Jeffg53
lvl.2
Australia

TonyPHX Posted at 4-20 23:15
Honestly, some of that does not make sense.  If you should crash it, there is nobody that could not figure out to replace the after-market props with the factory props before sending in for service.

True, but it’s not something that I would do. I expect DJI to honour their commitment so I will honour mine.
2022-4-20
Use props
Jeffg53
lvl.2
Australia

LoftyAmbitions Posted at 4-20 23:22
I have the Master Airscrew props for the Mavic 3. You are not missing out by using the stock props.

In the past MAS props provided some significant boosts in performance. DJI has been getting better at designing props and is now getting just about equal performance to the Master Airscrew ones.

Thanks. That’s good to know.
2022-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-4-21
Use props
Jeffg53
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks. Even less reason to buy
2022-4-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 4-20 23:15

BUT it would not surprise me to find that DJI have the capability to compare how the drone is flying with motor rpms, such analysis might show that the flight profile was not that that should occur with original DJI props.
Since some of us numpties already do that when checking the 'health' of Mavic Mini props and we can do it with 'simple' tools such as CsvView I'd bet DJI can do MUCH more.
2022-4-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

LoftyAmbitions Posted at 4-20 23:22

In the past MAS props provided some significant boosts in performance. DJI has been getting better at designing props and is now getting just about equal performance to the Master Airscrew ones.

you are missing out on something.  perhaps it' bright green or neon yellow!
2022-4-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jeffg53 Posted at 4-20 23:24
True, but it’s not something that I would do. I expect DJI to honour their commitment so I will honour mine.

you are no more committed to use only stock accessories on a drone than you are with your car.  in order to keep your car's warranty, do you only use oil filters and batteries and tires from lexus?

we've gone over this before.  fine, if you want to buy and use only stuff that is directly approved from the oem.  however, in america we have laws.  if you are interested in how warranties work in america and what rights consumers have, read the laws, do your research, consult with a lawyer, etc.

again, do whatever you want but in america, a warranty claim cannot be denied solely because the owner used aftermarket equipment.  a warranty covers defect parts.  if a part is defective or fails prematurely, what has that go to do with anything?  this has been tried before....your power windows won't roll up and down all the way (due to a defective motor) and the service manager returns your car to you and says they won't fix your motor (a known issue) because you installed a $100 delco blue label car battery with low cranking amps in your auto to replace the $500 lexus gold super battery that came from the factory even though the battery has nothing to do with the problem.

of course you are taking a risk with changing props.  if your props directly cause a problem, they might have a case.  however, just because aftermarket props are installed doesnt mean the warranty can be automatically denied.

my 2 cents.
2022-4-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-21 02:06
BUT it would not surprise me to find that DJI have the capability to compare how the drone is flying with motor rpms, such analysis might show that the flight profile was not that that should occur with original DJI props.
Since some of us numpties already do that when checking the 'health' of Mavic Mini props and we can do it with 'simple' tools such as CsvView I'd bet DJI can do MUCH more.

having that capability won't matter.

just like if a car manufacturer has the capability to determine if the aftermarket tires you installed on your car did not have the right profile or performance standard to allow the car to stick to the road around a corner or respond to anti-lock braking when it kicks in or correct the path when traction control is activated.

"sorry sir but your front rotors on your 6 months old car are not functioning properly which is why the car is pulling hard to the left, the stopping distance is cut in half, there is a lot of squealing and lots of vibration and pushback on the brake pedal.  obviously both rotors are defective and we know about this issue.  however, we notice the pirelli tires that came on the car have been replaced by michelins and since those tires are not on the approved list because we haven't tested them (or, we took your car out for a test run and when we turn a slight corner at 75mph, the back end swings out 3 inches more than normal), we won't be fixing your rotors under warranty.  if you want to go ahead with the repair, we estimate the total bill to be $2,959.  have a good day."

nonsense.  unless and until a manufacturer can prove your aftermarket part has directly adversely impacted your warranty.....
2022-4-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_yekplNtDA7e6 Posted at 4-21 07:35
Funny how someone would think when you return a drone for a defect or a swap out that DJI is "delving" into the motor RPMs and would deduce like Sherlock Holmes that you are using MAS props. Like the 21 year old $10/hr worker is doing some sort of deep analysis before they throw a new one in the shipping box to send to you.

agreed and all i am saying is dji can do that if they want to.  on their own time, they can tear down the drone, do a deep dive, analyse the whole thing.  however, what they should not do is condition their response to a warranty claim based on their findings.  at least that is not the way they should do it but i understand i am likely in the minority and companies are filled with employees who believe they can get away with such conduct.  certainly the company has protection against consumer fraud, abuse, and misuse but i don't think that applies here.  in the end, the consumer has rights which are well-protected and while i don't believe the customer should return a defective drone which is fully equipped with aftermarket props, leg extension, extended batteries, strobes, lifts, etc....i certainly don't believe a manufacturer should be able to find [harmless] previous pictures or posts or videos on youtube as a defense to deny a warranty claim to a present event.

when it comes to dji care refresh, that's a whole different ballgame.
2022-4-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jeffg53 Posted at 4-20 21:57
Thanks Stephen. That's what I expected. I will stick to DJI only.

You are most welcome, Jeff. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-4-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jeffg53 Posted at 4-20 23:24

I am less than honorable and prefer the MAS props.  : )
2022-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules