DJI Phantom 2 Vision Hidden Network
2424 7 2022-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnInHawaii
lvl.1
United States

I am trying to get an old Phantom 2 Vision up and running again and I cannot see the wifi network to connect to. It should be Phantom_xxxx but it isn't there. I used a spectrum analyzer and found the hidden network with SSID listed as [HIDDEN] on 60:60:xx:xx:xx:xx. I cannot connect to this with my iphone. I don't know what to put as the SSID. Literally putting in [HIDDEN] on 60:60:xx:xx:xx:xx doesn't work, nor does the MAC address, nor '[HIDDEN]". Anyone have any ideas?
2022-4-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Have you read the manual?  

There are two Phantom wifi signals that are being broadcast during the wifi connection process.  You say the wifi network to connect to is not visible on your mobile device wifi list.  Is the range extender turned on?  Does it boot up correctly?  Did you push in the binding button on the range extender with a paper clip and then wait 45 secs?  The wifi signal coming from the range extender should be visible on the mobile device wifi list provided the wifi coming from the P2V is working.  When you see Phantom xxxx listed on your mobile device wifi list, that's the one coming from the range extender.  Connect to it.  The one coming from the P2V is deliberately hidden from you and not seen on your list of wifi signals because you aren't supposed to connect to it.  The range extender can see it and will connect to it.  The range extender is a bridge between your mobile device and the P2V.  If you see it with your wifi analyzer, that's good news because you now know the wifi is working.  But you should see BOTH signals with your wifi analyzer app.  Write down the MAC address for that hidden wifi signal - you will need it to bind the FPV wifi connection using the P2V flight app when prompted.

Here is a good demonstraton of how to bind.  The procedure is the same for both the P2V and P2V+.

Let us know how things go.

Good luck
2022-4-23
Use props
JohnInHawaii
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 4-23 03:37
Have you read the manual?  

There are two Phantom wifi signals that are being broadcast during the wifi connection process.  You say the wifi network to connect to is not visible on your mobile device wifi list.  Is the range extender turned on?  Does it boot up correctly?  Did you push in the binding button on the range extender with a paper clip and then wait 45 secs?  The wifi signal coming from the range extender should be visible on the mobile device wifi list provided the wifi coming from the P2V is working.  When you see Phantom xxxx listed on your mobile device wifi list, that's the one coming from the range extender.  Connect to it.  The one coming from the P2V is deliberately hidden from you and not seen on your list of wifi signals because you aren't supposed to connect to it.  The range extender can see it and will connect to it.  The range extender is a bridge between your mobile device and the P2V.  If you see it with your wifi analyzer, that's good news because you now know the wifi is working.  But you should see BOTH signals with your wifi analyzer app.  Write down the MAC address for that hidden wifi signal - you will need it to bind the FPV wifi connection using the P2V flight app when prompted.

Sadly, I only see the hidden signal and not the regular Phantom_XXXXX one. I think the wifi module must have gone bad in the years I wasn't using it. I had had it replaced once during its lifetime. Perhaps something about draining the battery down over the years killed it. Oh well. I have this,, a P3, a P4, and a mini, so I was thinking about selling both the Vision and the P3 on eBay or something, but that may make it a bit more difficult... thank you so much for all your help!
2022-4-23
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

have you tried another Mobile Device?
2022-4-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I would not give up on it quite yet.  If the range extender (RE) is bad, you can replace it pretty easily and cheaply.
2022-4-24
Use props
JohnInHawaii
lvl.1
United States

JetSam Posted at 4-24 01:48
have you tried another Mobile Device?

Yes. I tried both my computer and phone. I could see the hidden network from the Phantom, but not the extender's.
2022-4-25
Use props
JohnInHawaii
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 4-24 02:44
I would not give up on it quite yet.  If the range extender (RE) is bad, you can replace it pretty easily and cheaply.

True, however, I am looking to sell it on ebay and may not be able to get anything for it. $25 for an extender on an object that may not net $100 may not be worth it Thank you for your help, though!
2022-4-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Okay.  Consider you can still fly around and take video with it provided nothing else is wrong with it.  Good luck
2022-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules