1388 34 2022-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
#DroneTech
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

@Dji, there is a new Firmware that is currently being tested which has GPS working for me to locking homepoint at 30 seconds and Airsense worked today when i was hovering at 20 meters and a Helicopter came exactly 0.7km distance and 300 meters high away from me, I got the manned aircraft warning in the app. This needs to be tweaked a little more and i would say the average range or minuim range it should start giving a warning from is as below:

High Collision Risk = 0,5km away
Meduim,High Collision Risk = 1 to 1.5km away
Low, Meduim, High Collision Risk = 2 to 2,5km away.

Can you please take this back to your devolopers. They seem to be on the right path but just needs a little more tweaking and we will be there.

2022-4-23
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

2022-4-23
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice one Suren, Dji hurry up and get it out please.
2022-4-23
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Grimtheviking Posted at 4-23 23:30
Nice one Suren, Dji hurry up and get it out please.

Thanks mate, it seems to be getting better
2022-4-24
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woohoo there is a glimmer of hope.
2022-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s good to hear, I think its important to get GPS under 1 minute Or faster. ADSB seems to work for me on .600 although I see very little. I’m still not sure ADSB in has much real value, in most countries having ADSB IN is not compulsory but ADSB out is. And I think until we have ADSB out then I don’t see it as a real game changer. ADSB out would warn all pilots flying low as well as ATC that drones are in the area, but it looks like drones will be changing over to Remote ID to self identify to ATC joe public etc. Drone pilots have a huge advantage over aircraft pilots, because you can hear aircraft from a long way out and see them many KM away, Manned aircraft have none or little chance of seeing a drone.
Yes its part of the M3 we all paid for, but for me its just a plane spotters tool and would much prefer they sort other stuff out first.
2022-4-24
Use props
djiuser_tDysKtQSWAwH
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mattft86 Posted at 4-24 01:27

Yeah its starting to look a bit more positive, hopefully we will have a much improved craft for the summer.
2022-4-24
Use props
djiuser_tDysKtQSWAwH
Banned

United States

2022-4-24
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi Suren,

Could you please share what is the version of this firmware?

Thanks,

David
2022-4-24
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-24 06:31
Yeah its starting to look a bit more positive, hopefully we will have a much improved craft for the summer.

I really hope so would like to take it on holiday with me. If its not sorted by then ill sell it and stay away from dji and just stick to my yuneec typhoon h plus.
2022-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mattft86 Posted at 4-24 08:22
I really hope so would like to take it on holiday with me. If its not sorted by then ill sell it and stay away from dji and just stick to my yuneec typhoon h plus.

How does that one fly now, you don’t hear too much about Yuneec Typhoon anymore.
2022-4-24
Use props
djiuser_tDysKtQSWAwH
Banned

United States

2022-4-24
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mattft86 Posted at 4-24 08:22
I really hope so would like to take it on holiday with me. If its not sorted by then ill sell it and stay away from dji and just stick to my yuneec typhoon h plus.

Yeah, right!
2022-4-24
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-24 10:10
How does that one fly now, you don’t hear too much about Yuneec Typhoon anymore.

No you don't unfortunately. Its an awesome drone just big, i had the h wich was big but the plus is a bit bigger. Pretty fast too for a big drone.
2022-4-24
Use props
djiuser_tDysKtQSWAwH
Banned

United States

2022-4-24
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-24 11:14
Yeah, right!

Yeah right what?
2022-4-24
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mattft86 Posted at 4-24 01:27

There surely is
2022-4-24
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 4-24 01:31
That’s good to hear, I think its important to get GPS under 1 minute Or faster. ADSB seems to work for me on .600 although I see very little. I’m still not sure ADSB in has much real value, in most countries having ADSB IN is not compulsory but ADSB out is. And I think until we have ADSB out then I don’t see it as a real game changer. ADSB out would warn all pilots flying low as well as ATC that drones are in the area, but it looks like drones will be changing over to Remote ID to self identify to ATC joe public etc. Drone pilots have a huge advantage over aircraft pilots, because you can hear aircraft from a long way out and see them many KM away, Manned aircraft have none or little chance of seeing a drone.
Yes its part of the M3 we all paid for, but for me its just a plane spotters tool and would much prefer they sort other stuff out first.

With the wait times dropping its starting to look good, hopefully it fixes it for everyone, I do like the air sense and although I don’t rely on it it gives that small sense of surety
2022-4-24
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DH_Pilot Posted at 4-24 07:59
Hi Suren,

Could you please share what is the version of this firmware?

It’s 0632 a beta FW
2022-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

#DroneTech Posted at 4-24 13:23
With the wait times dropping its starting to look good, hopefully it fixes it for everyone, I do like the air sense and although I don’t rely on it it gives that small sense of surety

Good to know, have to say would be a shame if it doesn’t Get sorted because this drone is exceptional , its a pleasure to fly and the footage and photos are incredible.
2022-4-24
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 4-24 13:27
Good to know, have to say would be a shame if it doesn’t Get sorted because this drone is exceptional , its a pleasure to fly and the footage and photos are incredible.

Agreed, it is a good drone and these little things would just make it so much better when its working properly. I hope those added features coming towards the middle of this year then this drone would be go from Good to Great.
2022-4-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the GPS issue is mostly resolved but ADBS is not quite there, I would say leave it be and go from there.   ADBS is good for the first few months but then it becomes just another thing especially if you fly within VLOS all the time.  Most drones dont even have ADBS.  If DJI can roll out within the next 30 days, I would say they nailed it.
2022-4-24
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sticking with your yuneec typhoon h plus. Never heard of it but I'm sure it's awesome and much better than the more Mavic 3 with all the issues people talk about. Personally, it's still my favorite drone
2022-4-24
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-24 14:46
If the GPS issue is mostly resolved but ADBS is not quite there, I would say leave it be and go from there.   ADBS is good for the first few months but then it becomes just another thing especially if you fly within VLOS all the time.  Most drones dont even have ADBS.  If DJI can roll out within the next 30 days, I would say they nailed it.

I don't need the ADBS because if a plane is flying at a 400 foot altitude where I fly, the plane would be in deep trouble. DJI should be able to iron this out as well but what do I know? Not much....
2022-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Saint Posted at 4-24 14:46

Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast, not ADBS , ;+) they most likely Will sort this out. It works fine in other drones. ADS-B “Out” is an incredibly good tool for manned pilots but ADS-B “In” which we now have in our drones does is not essential and offers very little help to manned craft, in most countries its not a requirement just now but ADS-B out” is. So its a cool tool and for those operating in a area of busy flight lanes you get to see details of the craft flying in your area. However it looks like ADS-B “In” will be replaced in its importance by remote ID in the future, so it may become redundant in drones , unless they can fit ADS-B Out in the future.

You paid for it, it should work...
2022-4-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Suren!  I needed this good info today as I have been a bit aggrivated with this situation lately.  I have always believed this to be software for obvious reasons, most notably the experience with various versions of firmware from day 1.  I think if they can hurry up and get this out, then hopefully some SDK support that the M3 will end up being a fantastic drone!
2022-4-24
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

More updates Guys. Today I got a Home Point recorded with just 8 Sats and at 26 seconds. Also DLOG has ISO 1600

2022-4-24
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 4-24 15:40
Thank you Suren!  I needed this good info today as I have been a bit aggrivated with this situation lately.  I have always believed this to be software for obvious reasons, most notably the experience with various versions of firmware from day 1.  I think if they can hurry up and get this out, then hopefully some SDK support that the M3 will end up being a fantastic drone!

So far it’s all good news Tony
2022-4-24
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-24 14:50
Sticking with your yuneec typhoon h plus. Never heard of it but I'm sure it's awesome and much better than the more Mavic 3 with all the issues people talk about. Personally, it's still my favorite drone

Don't get me wrong the m3 dose a lot more! But my typhoon i can fly. It taks soo long for my m3 to lock i just give up.
2022-4-24
Use props
Drone Max
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13914 ft

United States

Seems like the issues will soon be resolved. Thank you for sharing.
2022-4-24
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Drone Max Posted at 4-24 21:35
Seems like the issues will soon be resolved. Thank you for sharing.

Looks to be that way
2022-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

#DroneTech Posted at 4-24 19:51
More updates Guys. Today I got a Home Point recorded with just 8 Sats and at 26 seconds. Also DLOG has ISO 1600

[view_image]

That is very promising, looking more like a SW problem. Lets hope it continues for you. Thanks for this.
2022-4-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-24 23:17
That is very promising, looking more like a SW problem. Lets hope it continues for you. Thanks for this.

Yes it really has to be a firmware issue.  I would have a very hard time believing it to be anything else.  I think we are in for some good quick startups soon!!
2022-4-26
Use props
djiuser_fDj0Hx8JQasz
New
Flight distance : 285174 ft
United States

#DroneTech Posted at 4-24 21:49
Looks to be that way

Hi Suren! Would you tell me how I can become a beta tester for these firmware versions for the Mavic 3?
2022-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules