Propeller holder use during storage?
1133 7 2022-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JT437
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15709 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find a specific answer.

Basically, I have the DJI Mini 2 fly more kit, and I tend to use the (official) DJI propeller holder (the thing that looks a bit like a sandal, lol) when I store the Mini 2 away.

I guess this is the officially recommended way of storing the Mini 2, but I can't help buy worry that the pressure placed on the propeller blades (especially those on the upper part of the drone, as folded) might be causing undue stress and lead to warping of the blades? Is that likely to be a thing?

I know it's not a huge amount of clamping pressure (and the blades on the underside of the drone body are less clamped) but they are still not loose enough to be able to move freely.

I guess that's the idea of the propeller holder - to stop the blades moving around during transit (and I tend to carry mine in the DJI bag, in a backpack, riding an MTB so it does get jiggled about a lot). I do get that, and it's good for transit, but what about storage when not out and about? Should the drone be stored unfolded, without any sort of propeller guard gripping the blades? (even the official DJI one)

Has anyone been storing their Mini 2 with the prop guard on constantly, and noticed any deformation or issues flying? Would some of those third-party silicone ones (that look like a strip) be a better option? Or just store the device unfolded with the props free to dangle?

Thanks

2022-4-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive been using that prop guard for over 450 days and never had an issue,   the orginal Mini had an issue where the props were getting warped and this was the solution they introduced.
2022-4-24
Use props
JT437
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ahh, cool, thanks for the reply. That's reassuring.
2022-4-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-24 23:38
Ive been using that prop guard for over 450 days and never had an issue,   the orginal Mini had an issue where the props were getting warped and this was the solution they introduced.

I don't use any propguard with my Mini One - I just store it away carefully in it's hard case.
So far, so good.
2022-4-25
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

I agree anything that puts any load on the motors or props can't be good. I tried several and this one is perfect. You'll need access to a 3D printer. (If you do try it and like it it's always nice to tip the designer).
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5028582
2022-4-25
Use props
JT437
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, thanks for the 3D printed suggestions. They both look good, but sadly I don't have access to a 3D printer. But something to consider, all the same!
2022-4-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-25 02:52
I don't use any propguard with my Mini One - I just store it away carefully in it's hard case.
So far, so good.

Maybe that hard case is saving you from it.  
2022-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JT437. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 2 Propeller Holder ( https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... ion=0&vid=84981 ) is tested to secures and protects the propellers for safer storage and transportation. In addition I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have the DJI Mini 2 Propeller Holder can give who have the out the best information and recommendation with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2022-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules