No fly zones
1427 5 2022-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8b55cc1c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56122 ft
United Kingdom

Went to fly today in a little village near me...noflydrines app says yes...DJI says no.
Phoned RAF Cranwell they said yes it's fine to fly your a long way outside the no fly area we impose ... Ok can I have permission to fly.. He said yes but I can't give it in writing as it's not inside an area of concern... So no matter for them to be involved with...
Spoke to DJI customers services... They said I need paperwork to fly although it's clearly not within a no fly zone....
What a total pain. DJI said they would send me an email with 24 to 48 hours....
I hope this isn't going to be something I have to do every time I want to fly
2022-4-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What does the DJI Geo map show for the area? - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/geo-map - Many areas you can just unlock yourself.
2022-4-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you were in a blue or red zone then you need permission from ATC. although the blue area you can self certify you have permission.

More details about permissions for runways are here on the CAA website -

https://www.caa.co.uk/consumers/ ... ircraft-and-drones/
2022-4-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's like walking through a minefiled isn't it. No co-ordination between one organisation and another.
2022-4-28
Use props
bigholty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56122 ft
United Kingdom

It's a huge minefield , noflydrones. Co .UK show all the latest areas that are no fly zones. The fly app shows the same but covering a far bigger area...like 3 miles further on altitude zones ...
2022-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bigholty Posted at 4-29 05:04
It's a huge minefield , noflydrones. Co .UK show all the latest areas that are no fly zones. The fly app shows the same but covering a far bigger area...like 3 miles further on altitude zones ...

noflydrones is not very accurate, there are many airports that are not shown as NFZ on their map,   for example London Southend airport is not shown as a NFZ and under the CAA rules it most certainly is.
2022-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules