Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dullodrones.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 886 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hey DJI FPV flyers,

I own a DJI FPV drone since end of February and have been practicing quite a lot, both in real world as well as different simulators. One thing that seems to be very hard is to actually fly slowly and even hover in N-mode. While other FPV pilots on the socials seems to be able to do this, I have not been seeing anyone with DJI FPV droen who did it like i am hoping to do.

Despite chaning the rates to a less agressive setup, I still struggle to fly slowly. Does anyone have some recommendation what to do or where to be inspired trainingwise?

Appreciate your thougths.
2022-4-25
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Try to give an example of how you're trying to fly. Because honestly it sounds like you have the wrong drone.

I have the mavic pro and when I wanna fly truly slow I put it in tripod mode and it gives the desired effect of extremely  gentle micro controls and slow.

Nothing about this FPV drone was meant to happen slowly. It was never in the conception drawings or in the engineering. You can tell this because of the aerodynamic sculpting of it.

But you can try this. In N mode find a tree or a pole something that sticks up and does not move.
Fly to it and then come to a stop let go of the sticks it should hover.
Using the object as a gauge slowly fly around it as though you're trying to scan it for a paper scanner to make a copy.

This is an example of what I think you're trying to do. It was done by a friend of mine who just started flying 2 months ago. But he bought a mavic 3.

https://youtu.be/N6ADP-ci-Os
2022-4-25
Use props
dullodrones.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

No worries, I have a few drones also the Mavic 2 Pro, but when it comes to FPV I understand the purpose is not to always fly slow, but race :-) Nevertheless, I have seen people to fly slowly and I find it very hard to do in N-Mode.

will try the tree or a pole suggestion
2022-4-25
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

I just posted a video of the method of using a pole to practice slow movement. And also in the video are examples of going from slow almost dead stop to action. I'm still smoothing it out so I will get even better. But you can do it.

Watch "A Windy Day" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/iZ514Tfpc9A
2022-4-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI FPV Pilots here that already achieve how to fly slowly with their units. Please note that the DJI FPV is designed as a racing drone for FPV racing therefore, it is normal that this drone fly fast than other consumer drones. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-4-25
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

did you try to reduce your camera angle close to 0° ? (in manual mode)
2022-4-26
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Dakilla Posted at 4-26 10:49
did you try to reduce your camera angle close to 0° ? (in manual mode)

That's absolutely true! With a camera angle of 0 or -1 it's a lot easier to fly slow in manual.

But by the same token if you're trying to fly slow why would you ever come out of normal mode?  But I guess if he's going to mix it up and do fast and slow some set up shots that's absolutely helpful advice.

I find that when I do Chase videos of people with 3-D acrobatics acrobatics I definitely sometimes have to adjust the camera angle closer to 1゚ because of their maneuvers being so slow. Then in the same flight have to increase the angle to + 20゚ for the same reason and speed.
2022-4-26
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

"Changing the rates"...?

I got my DJI FPV a couple of weeks ago, and in Normal Mode (all I've used so far), it hovers just fine, right out of the box.

Flying precisely has been a challenge, however. Even in Normal Mode, the control sticks are way more sensitive than on my various Minis.

I've thought about increasing the stick resistance, but I haven't tried that yet.

TCS
2022-5-8
Use props
dullodrones.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Yeah an angel close to zero is definitely a good help, yet it still feels quite fast and I really wonder if moves like this guy here who flies through his camper are actually doable with the DJI fpv drone: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUsUN27IUk8/
2022-5-8
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

dullodrones.com Posted at 5-8 12:12
Yeah an angel close to zero is definitely a good help, yet it still feels quite fast and I really wonder if moves like this guy here who flies through his camper are actually doable with the DJI fpv drone: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUsUN27IUk8/

Although I could be wrong I don't believe for 1 second he flew that big drone underneath that woman's arm over a stove in that tight space.. But I've seen a guy land a drone on top of a flying wing so what do I know.. Lol

Honestly I think you may have the wrong throne.. What that looked like it was done with if a DJI drone at all was a mini or the air.

If it was the FPV then all I can say is I am not worthy and I will now kneel before Zod lol
2022-5-9
Use props
dullodrones.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

SgtRay Posted at 5-9 08:02
Although I could be wrong I don't believe for 1 second he flew that big drone underneath that woman's arm over a stove in that tight space.. But I've seen a guy land a drone on top of a flying wing so what do I know.. Lol

Honestly I think you may have the wrong throne.. What that looked like it was done with if a DJI drone at all was a mini or the air.

Nah, he using an FPV drone, not the DJI FPV tho. Was wondering if it could do the same too
2022-5-9
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

dullodrones.com Posted at 5-9 08:04
Nah, he using an FPV drone, not the DJI FPV tho. Was wondering if it could do the same too

Just like when you play golf you have to use the right club at the right time. The FPV drone is not the right club for that time
2022-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules