How to get last known GPS position from a missing drone?
9257 9 2022-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiandme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58766 ft
Indonesia

Is there a record for the lost (Mini SE) drone's last known GPS position stored somewhere in my phone/ DJI Fly app? How to access them?

There was no internet connection when it crashed and I lost it. I will organize a search tomorrow, and I followed/searched the last known coordinate of the crash in my app, up until the RC (and drone) ran out of battery. I wanted to show the others the crash coordinate for tomorrow's S&R.
Thanks!

Apologize for double posting

2022-4-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there djiandme. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini SE and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened and you have lost your DJI drone. It would best for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-4-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the Fly app,  go to Profile -> right hand menu,  Find My Drone.   Last recorded place will be shown.
2022-4-27
Use props
djiandme
lvl.1
Indonesia

DAFlys Posted at 4-27 23:50
In the Fly app,  go to Profile -> right hand menu,  Find My Drone.   Last recorded place will be shown.

Many thanks. I will try and contact support.
While it was regretful that this happened (bummer ), but I could say that I had good experience with the drone these past week. (yea, it's only a week old )
Re: the drone's last GPS position, I search nearby it's last known position. I also read something about telemetry. i don't know how to access it, and if that will help in this case.
2022-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiandme Posted at 4-28 04:02
Many thanks. I will try and contact support.
While it was regretful that this happened (bummer ), but I could say that I had good experience with the drone these past week. (yea, it's only a week old )
Re: the drone's last GPS position, I search nearby it's last known position. I also read something about telemetry. i don't know how to access it, and if that will help in this case.

Well you have an excuse for the Mini3 next week now.   
2022-4-28
Use props
djiandme
lvl.1
Indonesia

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 06:33
Well you have an excuse for the Mini3 next week now.

I was gonna ask which drone would be compatible to the Mini SE's batteries (since I still had 2 perfectly working batteries).

But I found it! https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2730052
2022-5-9
Use props
djiandme
lvl.1
Indonesia

djiandme Posted at 5-9 05:02
I was gonna ask which drone would be compatible to the Mini SE's batteries (since I still had 2 perfectly working batteries).

But I found it! https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=263847&page=1#pid2730052

Out of topic question:

Is there a rule against posting Youtube channel of our drone footages? Not promotion or anything, just sharing and requesting input/suggestions. Is there a specific place to post, if it's allowed?
2022-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiandme Posted at 5-9 05:05
Out of topic question:

Is there a rule against posting Youtube channel of our drone footages? Not promotion or anything, just sharing and requesting input/suggestions. Is there a specific place to post, if it's allowed?

Feel free,  there is a works section on the forum exactly to share stuff you make like that.
2022-5-9
Use props
djiuser_lBCWPYidwYbi
New
Flight distance : 6591 ft
Nigeria

So i had similar issue with my Mini 3 Pro. my second flight and I couldn’t bring it back while the battery was going down. I tried everything i could to bring back the drone but nothing works and it crashed. I used my second drone (skydio2) to searched if i could get the location but still nothing. So after Iike an hour, i went inside and connect my RC to Wi-Fi and went to check my gps. So i saw it and i navigated to the place. Luckily for me, it landed safely and the security picked it up. So i dashed him some coins and i got my drone back. So to add, i forgot how to tell the drone to fly back home. I should have done that.
2022-6-5
Use props
djiuser_lBCWPYidwYbi
New
Flight distance : 6591 ft
Nigeria

So i had similar issue with my Mini 3 Pro. my second flight and I couldn’t bring it back while the battery was going down. I tried everything i could to bring back the drone but nothing works and it crashed. I used my second drone (skydio2) to searched if i could get the location but still nothing. So after Iike an hour, i went inside and connect my RC to Wi-Fi and went to check my gps. So i saw it and i navigated to the place. Luckily for me, it landed safely and the security picked it up. So i dashed him some coins and i got my drone back. So to add, i forgot how to tell the drone to fly back home. I should have done that.
2022-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules