P4P Batteries after "STORAGE MODE"
626 19 2022-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

I'm another victim of not knowing that "STORAGE MODE" on the P4P battery tray is actually bad and killing batteries. I put 3 working batteries in storage on the charger and now 2 of them will not turn on at all and 1 does the 16 flash cycle. What is the solution?

0DQAE8703201TY - Dead
0DQAE8M03201WF - Dead
0DQAE7G03204WW - Flashing

2022-4-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the issue you encountered. Please note that it's needed to fully charge and discharge the battery at least once every 3 months to maintain battery health. Could you please provide us with a video to check how the battery flashes? Please try to charge the battery for a while to see if the battery indicator will turn on. If not, you may contact DJI Support through the link below for further assistance. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-4-29
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-29 20:14
Hi there, we are sorry to know about the issue you encountered. Please note that it's needed to fully charge and discharge the battery at least once every 3 months to maintain battery health. Could you please provide us with a video to check how the battery flashes? Please try to charge the battery for a while to see if the battery indicator will turn on. If not, you may contact DJI Support through the link below for further assistance.

Yes. I only learned about this issue after the "storage mode" failure that has plagued many Phantom 4 battery owners. I found many forum posts with the same issue. Following your same steps, the batteries all have not changed. The one that lights up flashes rapidly for 16 times. The other 2 won't flash or light up at all. My question is, knowing that this is a firmware issue apparently resolved in a newer version of firmware, what is DJI doing to replace these defective batteries? I provided the serial numbers above.
2022-4-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

MSGNitro Posted at 4-30 03:16
Yes. I only learned about this issue after the "storage mode" failure that has plagued many Phantom 4 battery owners. I found many forum posts with the same issue. Following your same steps, the batteries all have not changed. The one that lights up flashes rapidly for 16 times. The other 2 won't flash or light up at all. My question is, knowing that this is a firmware issue apparently resolved in a newer version of firmware, what is DJI doing to replace these defective batteries? I provided the serial numbers above.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we double confirm that ” 1 does the 16 flash cycle” means all the indicator lights will flash 4 times totally? For the other two batteries, would you please try to charge them overnight and see whether it can resolve your issue?

2022-4-30
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

I have left all 3 on the charger for the last 24hrs. Now all 3 will not light up at all. The base shows red. The button on the batteries does nothing.
2022-4-30
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

A video? Showing that NONE of the batteries are flashing now and the base is red? A picture is all that is needed for that.
2022-5-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. Please rest assured. We are confirming your problems with our engineer. And could you please also send us more details here, a picture is also nice, and we will then keep you updated. Thank you in advance.
2022-5-2
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

20220502_085359.jpg
2022-5-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. Please rest assured and please test whether the battery can be charged normally by charging it separately. If the battery can be charged separately, there is a problem with the charging hub, and we recommend that you send the charging hub back.
2022-5-3
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

I have tried this already. The battery isn't responding when charged directly from the cable. This only happened after this failure of Storage Mode.
2022-5-3
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

My issue now is I am not about to pay $600 for 3 new batteries. This is a known firmware bug that was caused by DJI charger / Battery firmware. DJI needs to replace them regardless of warranty status.
2022-5-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MSGNitro Posted at 5-3 06:51
My issue now is I am not about to pay $600 for 3 new batteries. This is a known firmware bug that was caused by DJI charger / Battery firmware. DJI needs to replace them regardless of warranty status.

Hi, there. I'm sorry to tell you that we have not received any feedback about the firmware bug you mentioned above. May I double-confirm that the issue occurs after you updated the firmware or stored them for a long time?
2022-5-4
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

I would suggest that you read this forum post to get educated on the firmware bug noted. This is a common problem that a simple google search would prompt your understanding of the situation. Long time? I received this package deal (used) in March. I inspected and charged everything. Flew the drone without issue. I put these 3 batteries on the charger in storage mode knowing it would be a while before I use them again. They were in "storage mode" for less than 2 months. Again, the noted firmware bug that is also known by DJI support and should be understood.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1025008
2022-5-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MSGNitro Posted at 5-4 03:37
I would suggest that you read this forum post to get educated on the firmware bug noted. This is a common problem that a simple google search would prompt your understanding of the situation. Long time? I received this package deal (used) in March. I inspected and charged everything. Flew the drone without issue. I put these 3 batteries on the charger in storage mode knowing it would be a while before I use them again. They were in "storage mode" for less than 2 months. Again, the noted firmware bug that is also known by DJI support and should be understood.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=118344&page=1#pid1025008

We fully understand your situation. After a further check, we learn that you have opened a case. Please rest assured we will keep an eye on your case and try our best to help you out.
2022-5-5
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

I'm guessing you guys do not fully understand my situation. The case was open. You received my batteries and without looking into WHY the batteries are shot, you automatically say I have to buy 3 new batteries. This is a Firmware issue that results in a full WARRANTY issue without time on it's side. A defective firmware that you loaded causing these batteries to completely drain and die in storage mode in under 2 months is not a user / consumer problem.
Case: CAS-8950280-N6L7K4
2022-5-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

MSGNitro Posted at 5-18 03:48
I'm guessing you guys do not fully understand my situation. The case was open. You received my batteries and without looking into WHY the batteries are shot, you automatically say I have to buy 3 new batteries. This is a Firmware issue that results in a full WARRANTY issue without time on it's side. A defective firmware that you loaded causing these batteries to completely drain and die in storage mode in under 2 months is not a user / consumer problem.
Case: CAS-8950280-N6L7K4

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. After we checked, your three batteries were activated in 2017 and have been out of warranty. According to our limited warranty policy, the warranty period of the Phantom 4 Pro Battery is 12 Months and less than 200 Charge Cycles. We feel really sorry that this can not be covered under warranty services.
About your request, we will forward it to our designated teams and try to help you. Please kindly know that.
2022-5-18
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

Warranty date has no part in this. Your software bug caused them to not charge or stay alive in "Storage mode". These batteries were working perfectly fine before your software bug. Even now, you could take those batteries apart and find that they are perfectly fine. Your "intelligent" charging system is what is causing this problem.
2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MSGNitro Posted at 5-19 03:54
Warranty date has no part in this. Your software bug caused them to not charge or stay alive in "Storage mode". These batteries were working perfectly fine before your software bug. Even now, you could take those batteries apart and find that they are perfectly fine. Your "intelligent" charging system is what is causing this problem.

Hope you understand that it's needed to check the battery's power every three months and fully charge and discharge it at least once to keep the battery healthy. Since the battery is out of warranty, we are sorry that it may be unable to be covered by warranty service.
2022-5-19
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

They were on storage mode for less than 2 months!
2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MSGNitro Posted at 5-19 06:13
They were on storage mode for less than 2 months!

We've forwarded your request to the corresponding team and our team has sent you an email regarding this issue, please check it. Thanks.
2022-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules