1410 21 2022-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Hi,

Please find a 3 min short video of our holiday at the Royal Island Resort & Spa, Horubadhoo island, Maldives. I was lucky and got a special permission by the Island manager to fly my drone between 06:30 and 07:00 in the mornings from either the beach or the jettys, as long as I did not fly over the island, as the have open showers.

2022-4-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Splendid views. What a lovely place.
2022-4-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi kyalami. Thank you for sharing your great shot taken with your DJI Mavic 2 pro. Keep it up, as always, stay safe and happy flying.
2022-4-30
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-30 07:21
Hi kyalami. Thank you for sharing your great shot taken with your DJI Mavic 2 pro. Keep it up, as always, stay safe and happy flying.

Thank you for your comment Paladin.
2022-4-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What a lovally place kyalami.   
2022-5-1
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-1 01:00
What a lovally place kyalami.

This was actually my very first real drone video and learned that I have still much to practice.
Yes it was just fantastic. First holiday in over 2 years. A bit hot at 33 deg C and about 85% humidity and the water was also 33 deg C even down at 1,5 m depth, so no relief there. Spoke to the manager there and he said that they had Maldives islands closed down for about one year. Managed to put in a few scuba dives as well. Not much to film unfortunately. Had rain one night only for about 10 minutes even if the monsoon season is soon approaching.
2022-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 5-1 01:11
This was actually my very first real drone video and learned that I have still much to practice.
Yes it was just fantastic. First holiday in over 2 years. A bit hot at 33 deg C and about 85% humidity and the water was also 33 deg C even down at 1,5 m depth, so no relief there. Spoke to the manager there and he said that they had Maldives islands closed down for about one year. Managed to put in a few scuba dives as well. Not much to film unfortunately. Had rain one night only for about 10 minutes even if the monsoon season is soon approaching.

Hey we can all use more practice.   But at least you have a good holiday.  
2022-5-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful views.    Definitely a great place to vacation and relax.  
2022-5-1
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-1 04:07
Beautiful views.    Definitely a great place to vacation and relax.

Thank you very much Downtown. Yes, it was certainly a relaxing place. After over 2 years locked up at home, it was worth it.
2022-5-1
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Great footage kyalami! I didn't realise how low they are in their geography. I wonder just how long it will be before the islands are under water. Let's hope they will be around for a few years yet!
2022-5-1
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

yogi053 Posted at 5-1 07:52
Great footage kyalami! I didn't realise how low they are in their geography. I wonder just how long it will be before the islands are under water. Let's hope they will be around for a few years yet!

Thank you yogi053. Yes , the island are about 1,2 m to 1,5 m over the ocean level and they reckon that in about 30 years time, the islands will disappear when the sea level increases, unless we do something drastically about the global warming. Some islands have protected themselves a bit by dropping millions of large black stones at that side the larges waves comes in, in order to keep the sand for the beaches to stay. It look a bit ugly though.
2022-5-1
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 4-30 06:33
Splendid views. What a lovely place.

Thank you very much Bleriot53.
2022-5-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 5-1 22:20
Thank you very much Bleriot53.

You're welcome
2022-5-1
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 5-1 20:52
Thank you yogi053. Yes , the island are about 1,2 m to 1,5 m over the ocean level and they reckon that in about 30 years time, the islands will disappear when the sea level increases, unless we do something drastically about the global warming. Some islands have protected themselves a bit by dropping millions of large black stones at that side the larges waves comes in, in order to keep the sand for the beaches to stay. It look a bit ugly though.

Still, as the saying goes, "Every little helps".
2022-5-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

kyalami Posted at 5-1 07:44
Thank you very much Downtown. Yes, it was certainly a relaxing place. After over 2 years locked up at home, it was worth it.

My pleasure kyalami.     

More like a reward after being in pandemic lockdown.  Glad you had a great time in the Maldives.
2022-5-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

kyalami Posted at 4-30 22:48
Thank you for your comment Paladin.

You are most welcome. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-5-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like paradise!
2022-5-5
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Montfrooij Posted at 5-5 23:55
Looks like paradise!

Hi Montfrooij,
Yes it was a paradise and beautiful with blue sky's every day and palm trees. Very relaxing after over 2 years of Covid and not going any where. +33 deg C and 85% humidity, as well as 33 deg C even 1,5 m down in the water. Managed to get some scuba diving in as well, but did not see the elusive wale shark I was after. You can see it on YouTube   but it was not so good as other places I have seen. Learned from the locals that all the island were not operated at all for the first year. So they lost a lot of tourist money. I bit different to the weather here in Sweden. My batteries are now definitely charged for one more year.
2022-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

kyalami Posted at 5-6 06:29
Hi Montfrooij,
Yes it was a paradise and beautiful with blue sky's every day and palm trees. Very relaxing after over 2 years of Covid and not going any where. +33 deg C and 85% humidity, as well as 33 deg C even 1,5 m down in the water. Managed to get some scuba diving in as well, but did not see the elusive wale shark I was after. You can see it on YouTube  https://youtu.be/U6t16M8SeaI but it was not so good as other places I have seen. Learned from the locals that all the island were not operated at all for the first year. So they lost a lot of tourist money. I bit different to the weather here in Sweden. My batteries are now definitely charged for one more year.

Looks very nice!
2022-5-6
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

Very nice, wouldn't mind vacations like this. but i would suggest you to use ND filter for bright scenes like this (specially if you shot in 24 or 30 fps), they're overexposed  most of the time, i think.
You basically need a nd for bright, sunny day even in general. Yes, physical apeture on m2p could help, bet than again with apertures like f/11 you got soft focus out of images.
I know, since i've done (and still doing) same mistakes.
2022-5-11
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

izotop Posted at 5-11 06:03
Very nice, wouldn't mind vacations like this. but i would suggest you to use ND filter for bright scenes like this (specially if you shot in 24 or 30 fps), they're overexposed  most of the time, i think.
You basically need a nd for bright, sunny day even in general. Yes, physical apeture on m2p could help, bet than again with apertures like f/11 you got soft focus out of images.
I know, since i've done (and still doing) same mistakes.

Many thanks Izotop. This was actually my very first real try with the Mavic 2 Pro. I appreciate what you say about using and ND filter which I do not yet have and does not look like I will up here in the dark Sweden. However I realize that I had problems finding a good setting due to some of the bright subject. So I thank you very much for suggestions and will look in to ND filters for the future. Basically I am just an amateur and beginner with a drone. Spent a lot of time learning first how to fly and now to use the drone camera.
2022-5-11
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

kyalami Posted at 5-11 06:57
Many thanks Izotop. This was actually my very first real try with the Mavic 2 Pro. I appreciate what you say about using and ND filter which I do not yet have and does not look like I will up here in the dark Sweden. However I realize that I had problems finding a good setting due to some of the bright subject. So I thank you very much for suggestions and will look in to ND filters for the future. Basically I am just an amateur and beginner with a drone. Spent a lot of time learning first how to fly and now to use the drone camera.

no problem. thnx
2022-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules