Vibrating and Buzzing.
629 3 2022-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I bought the OM5 in January this year and realise there are big differences in using Apple and Android phones with this gimbal. For example I've never been able to get manual settings when using my Android devices (Huawei P20 Lite and Oneplus7t phones). I can only obtain automatic settings.

When I try 2 different Apple phones (iphone 7 and an iphone 8) the gimbal motors start buzzing and vibrating before shutting down to standby. The Huawei is no longer available to me but when I use the Oneplus 7t phone again (heavier than the iphones) there is No vibrating or buzzing present. Care was taken to balance all phones carefully whilst operating them with the OM5. I'm stumped! Anybody else having this sort of problem?
2022-4-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi yogi053. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I'm sorry to read about this issue you've encountered with your DJI OM 5. For us to have a better visualization, could you please provide us a sample video showing the buzzing sound and the response of the gimbal when using your iPhone 8 for example? Thank you.
2022-4-30
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-30 07:28
Hi yogi053. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I'm sorry to read about this issue you've encountered with your DJI OM 5. For us to have a better visualization, could you please provide us a sample video showing the buzzing sound and the response of the gimbal when using your iPhone 8 for example? Thank you.

It's ok Paladin! I should have carried out more research on the supposed problem. After a bit more reading, I sought out the silicone pad provided, and using that, all is fine.( Reminder to self, carry out proper research).
One point to note. iphone 8 gives 8x zoom, whereas Oneplus7t (not compatible) gives 10x zoom. I will use both devices in future. iphone with pad and Oneplus without. All is well!
2022-4-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

yogi053 Posted at 4-30 07:54
It's ok Paladin! I should have carried out more research on the supposed problem. After a bit more reading, I sought out the silicone pad provided, and using that, all is fine.( Reminder to self, carry out proper research).
One point to note. iphone 8 gives 8x zoom, whereas Oneplus7t (not compatible) gives 10x zoom. I will use both devices in future. iphone with pad and Oneplus without. All is well!

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules