Obstacle avoidance not braking
945 23 2022-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tubby01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1492858 ft
United States

My drone doesn't brake and doesn't act like the downwards sensors are working but it still beeps and when you switch to bypass it all works fine just dont want it to be in bypass mode. Any ideas. It is only 85 days old
2022-5-2
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

What does it do in brake mode? Does it let you crash, or like go very close to the point where you can't go any closer because it is dangerous?
2022-5-2
Use props
Tubby01
lvl.2
United States

It would crash into something if you don't stop it. And never been crashed or anything out of the ordinary makes no sense to me
2022-5-2
Use props
Tubby01
lvl.2
United States

Yaros1 Posted at 5-2 04:06
What does it do in brake mode? Does it let you crash, or like go very close to the point where you can't go any closer because it is dangerous?

Least I think it would crash when it worked it stoped about 3 feet from stuff and now it just beeps and I afraid to get it any closer to stuff i have had it a couple inches away from crashing
2022-5-2
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Tubby01 Posted at 5-2 05:42
Least I think it would crash when it worked it stoped about 3 feet from stuff and now it just beeps and I afraid to get it any closer to stuff i have had it a couple inches away from crashing

That's strange, it shouldn't get any close to the obstacle.
Are you sure it is in Normal Mode (Not Sport)?
2022-5-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

What speed are you approaching the object at? I think it has a threshold of speed for detection although there is no mention that I could find.
2022-5-2
Use props
Tubby01
lvl.2
United States

Suren Posted at 5-2 10:51
What speed are you approaching the object at? I think it has a threshold of speed for detection although there is no mention that I could find.

At a fairly slow speed and yes I am sure it is in normal mode
2022-5-2
Use props
Tubby01
lvl.2
United States

Suren Posted at 5-2 10:51

I think I remember reading 12 mps is max speed for obstacle avoidance and I am way below that when I get around things that I prefer not to crash into
2022-5-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tubby01. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening and may we also please know before having this issue, did your DJI Air 2S had a hard landing or a crash before for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-5-2
Use props
Tubby01
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-2 18:54
Hello there Tubby01. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening and may we also please know before having this issue, did your DJI Air 2S had a hard landing or a crash before for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

No errors no crashes or hard landing app says everything is working. But it is not
2022-5-2
Use props
Tubby01
lvl.2
United States

Trying not to have to use dji care if I can but it is annoying and defeats the purpose of obstacle avoidance i don't like drone flying itself but like having the brake. Bypass mode would eventually crash me cause it tries  going ways i don't want
2022-5-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Tubby01 Posted at 5-2 19:28
No errors no crashes or hard landing app says everything is working. But it is not

Hi there Tubby01. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information.  Since we are having this issue with your DJI Air 2S it would best for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-5-2
Use props
Tubby01
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-2 21:21
Hi there Tubby01. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information.  Since we are having this issue with your DJI Air 2S it would best for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Yeah probably the best way to go  and thanks for the advice
2022-5-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are there any other settings for different functions that could interfere with the way brake is intended to work? I seem to remember "Ian in/from London" or some such name doing a youtube about something along those lines.
Not that it should make a difference, since bypass works, but have you tried a calibration of the sensors.

If it remains a problem and it is sent back, wouldn't it be a warranty issue and thus free rather than a care refresh issue and chargeable?
2022-5-2
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

Do you have propeller guards by any chance? They would let you test collision avoidance, as it would allow the drone to touch an obstacle at low speed without damaging the props
2022-5-3
Use props
Tubby01
lvl.2
United States

ReproRetro Posted at 5-3 03:56
Do you have propeller guards by any chance? They would let you test collision avoidance, as it would allow the drone to touch an obstacle at low speed without damaging the props

Yes I do but I just going to let dji figure out what it is
2022-5-3
Use props
Tubby01
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-2 23:51
Are there any other settings for different functions that could interfere with the way brake is intended to work? I seem to remember "Ian in/from London" or some such name doing a youtube about something along those lines.
Not that it should make a difference, since bypass works, but have you tried a calibration of the sensors.

You would think so less than 90 days old but I doubt it nothing is that easy
2022-5-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tubby01 Posted at 5-3 04:03
You would think so less than 90 days old but I doubt it nothing is that easy

Why?
DJI seem to be quite honourable about such things, especially if prompted about it being a warranty issue.
2022-5-3
Use props
Tubby01
lvl.2
United States

Yeah but hard to get ahold of them
2022-5-3
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

Tubby01 Posted at 5-3 04:01
Yes I do but I just going to let dji figure out what it is

That's cool, but it could provide you with more data to offer them.
2022-5-3
Use props
Tubby01
lvl.2
United States

ReproRetro Posted at 5-3 16:42
That's cool, but it could provide you with more data to offer them.

Yeah made a video and showed them sending it back to get fixed or replaced
2022-5-3
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

Tubby01 Posted at 5-3 17:22
Yeah made a video and showed them sending it back to get fixed or replaced

Great. I hope they sort it out quickly . Good luck
2022-5-3
Use props
Tubby01
lvl.2
United States

ReproRetro Posted at 5-3 17:32
Great. I hope they sort it out quickly . Good luck

Thanks for the help
2022-5-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Tubby01 Posted at 5-2 22:42
Yeah probably the best way to go  and thanks for the advice

Hi there Tubby01. You are welcome and if you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules