Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WenLambo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3529121 ft
  • >>>
United States

hello

I was recently doing a propeller inspection and I found something that looks like rust dust under the propeller mounts. I honestly have never seen this before with any of my motors on  other drones. All 4 propellers display the same type of redish dust and I have not taken off from any red dust environments. I am thinking about sending the drone back for a refresh. Please let me know your opinions.

Thank you.

mavic 3 cine props

mavic 3 cine props
2022-5-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there WenLambo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please use an alcohol pad to wipe the rust after turning the drone off under your DJI drone's propellers? if the issue is affecting how your DJI drone is flying. It would best for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Thank you.
2022-5-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do see brownish dust around the motors of my Mini One from time to time. I jjust clean it off and all is well - after almost 2 years of use.
2022-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-3 03:10
I do see brownish dust around the motors of my Mini One from time to time. I jjust clean it off and all is well - after almost 2 years of use.

Mr. B. that sounds like that is dust that the Mini picked up during flight.  If it was dust from motor windings it would be more metallic I would think.  From time to time I see pollen on the props and in the motor windings.  I just blow it out with a can of compressed air and it never seems to have an ill effect on the drone.  
2022-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Have you flown near (~30-miles) to area which had red dirt, which might have been carried aloft by winds?
2022-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

"I am thinking about sending the drone back for a refresh. Please let me know your opinions."

I would try cleaning red dirt / dust / pollen off with canned air (Dust-Off).  Then monitor the props for new red stuff.

Unless there is an indication of some other problem involving motors & props; suchas flight stability, unusual noise, burning or acidic smell, motors don't seem to spin free, short battery life, or motors running hot; I would not send drone back in for refresh.
2022-5-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-3 15:00
Mr. B. that sounds like that is dust that the Mini picked up during flight.  If it was dust from motor windings it would be more metallic I would think.  From time to time I see pollen on the props and in the motor windings.  I just blow it out with a can of compressed air and it never seems to have an ill effect on the drone.

Yes I'm pretty sure it's not metallic, in my case at least. It easily blows or wipes off.
2022-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-3 22:47
Yes I'm pretty sure it's not metallic, in my case at least. It easily blows or wipes off.

That's always a good sign.  
2022-5-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Never noticed this with mine.
2022-5-6
Use props
Advanced