Final Plea to Update the Pocket 2 - LISTEN
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JunkBondTrader
New

Canada

Alright, I understand the pocket 3 is on the horizon, but that doesn't fix the fact I spent over $500 on the pocket 2 and accessories, only to be let down that this camera is impossible to live stream with on YouTube in any practical way with usable quality. You advertised this as a streaming camera. You need to fix that. Otherwise, honestly, Pocket 2 buyers should get a discount on the Pocket 3 if they trade in their useless Pocket 2. Such a sour taste left in my mouth. The silence is just unbelievable for one of the pre-eminent camera companies. I also noticed on the Pocket 2 page "live streaming" is no longer listed in the main features, you gotta go to the fine text to see that. So only YouTube streamers, that bought when you advertised the streaming up front, are the unlucky ones? This wouldn't fly in Canada. A Canadian company would make it right or compensate in some way, or would at least own up to it. I paid you for a camera that streams to YouTube. It's the only feature I needed. Only one not working.

The pocket 2 is not on the "no longer supported" list. Does that mean you're working on firmware? I know there must be a way to improve the streaming function through firmware. It's frustrating to see firmware being released for other cameras that were developed around the same time while Pocket 2 is seemingly ignored. You've alienated a large portion of your Pocket 2 customers who bought this camera based on you condifently advertising it as a camera for streamers. IRL streams are impossible on my phones 4g network. 4g, which is pretty much ubiquitous as the main network speed, and seems it should be plenty of speed to get more than a choppy, grainy video. And at home streams, honestly is not worth the hassle, considering usually it just lags like hell, and you need to do some crazy VLC RTMP restream setup just to get it working. And then if you do, the bitrate must be set to a level unattainable by even a 30 mbps upload connection, or set it so low you're pixelated. That doesn't make it a viable streaming camera. Not even close. As it stands, Go Pro will ceratianly be my next purchase. Who knows what features you will lie about in the Pocket 3 advertising?

What's the solution going to be? What are you going to do for Pocket 2 customers? Many of us are feeling duped, and it feels like all of this was knowingly done, and the fallout was an accepted cost of being able to sell as many of them as you can. The fact you won't even give an answer is upsetting. At least admit you blundered the streaming function. That would be commendable at least.. But that means you'd have to do something about it, and I guess this portion of your customerbase is not important to you. I'm not trying to be dramatic, that is how it truly feels. This single decision has made me want to boycott DJI in the future out of spite alone. If you took responsibility for your misrepresentation, I'd  be a DJI buyer for life, because this camera is actually great... But I have great cameras. I wanted this for streaming. And streaming was priced into it, so as far as I'm concerned, DJI owes Pocket 2 owners some form of compensation, either by delivering firmware that fixes it, or a discount on a future successor that includes a functional streaming feature. I've never seen such a lack of accountability for a supposed top camera company. Yeah top company, depending on the product. For Pocket 2 owners wanting to stream, DJI feels about as professional as Wish.com.

I am an online content creator. I refuse to throw down another $500 for another camera that actually streams to YouTube in a practical way with watchable quality. You setting me back with my camera hinders my channel. I use my webcam at home, and cell phone IRL over the DJI which is the best camera of the 3. It's useless to me. Can you grasp this? You're impacting the quality of my channel through your deceptive marketing. That truly angers me. We've given you our money, lots of our money. We deserve better.

Please DJI, rise up, and take the hit. Negative customer sentiment will also hurt your bottom line long term. So take the hit now and develop firmware, or discount the Pocket 3 for Pocket 2 owners, and retain your positive customer sentiment. Like I said, if the streaming worked the way it should, I'd consider the Pocket 2 one of the best cameras in its price range, ever made. What is annoying is the Twitch and Facebook streaming apparently works fine. So I guess YouTube creators recieved disproportionately less value than other customers. How is it right to leave one subsect of your customers without a solution? Do you know how infururating it is to see Twitch users streaming with their pocket 2, when I can't despite you advertising we can? $500 is a big purchase decision. I'd let it go at $50, $100, but for $500 you have to deliver. Ball is in your court DJI, step up!

yours,

-Alienated Pocket 2 Customer
https://www.youtube.com/c/JunkBondTrader

2022-5-6
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Haven't tested the streaming functions yet so can't really comment on that, but I do agree with you on the fact that the advertised features should actually work well in order to be truly used as marketing points. Also, if I will end up trying streaming, then YouTube is my most likely platform for trying that (after I have reached the YouTube's requirements for live streaming).

What left the sourest taste in my mouth personally was the lacking mentions of requiring a certain phone model to be able to use the camera at all. And the 4K tracking seems to be very erratic (not a big problem for me, but many others have been very dissatisfied about it.) Also, I remember hearing many being unhappy with the HDR video.

But overall, I agree on the importance of proper communication with customer base and the usefulness of functioning firmware updates.
2022-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules