881 6 2022-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pH0Wg00WjUk2
lvl.1
United States

I just purchased a DJI mini se. I can't fly it because I cannot get the dji fly app to install on my android phone. I have a samsung cricket 10. I have tried on other samsund devices and they all say "app not installed" I installed the APK installer and still will not install. Please someone tell me what else I can do. I have been trying for days. Thanks to all that respond.
2022-5-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung Cricket 10 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Cricket 10 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2022-5-6
Use props
djiuser_pH0Wg00WjUk2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-6 20:56
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung Cricket 10 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Cricket 10 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

I have tried 2 different  samsung s5, and 4 galaxy s10's.  the dji app won install on s5's  or s10's I have tried on 6 different phones. I am rrally getting frustrated. Are you telling me I need to buy another phone to fly my mini se?  Thank you for your time.
2022-5-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_pH0Wg00WjUk2 Posted at 5-7 01:07
I have tried 2 different  samsung s5, and 4 galaxy s10's.  the dji app won install on s5's  or s10's I have tried on 6 different phones. I am rrally getting frustrated. Are you telling me I need to buy another phone to fly my mini se?  Thank you for your time.

Are you downloading the App from the Google Play Store or directly from the DJI website?  The App on Play Store is way out of date.  UPDATE:  I see the Fly App is no longer listed on the Play Store.

My grandson uses his Galaxy S10 with the DJI Fly App to fly the Mini that I gave him.  It was no issue to download and install the App.  Before I got the RC Pro Controller I was using the DJI Fly App on my Galaxy S21 Ultra without issue.  

Hope you get the issue sorted out so you can go fly.
2022-5-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_pH0Wg00WjUk2 Posted at 5-7 01:07
I have tried 2 different  samsung s5, and 4 galaxy s10's.  the dji app won install on s5's  or s10's I have tried on 6 different phones. I am rrally getting frustrated. Are you telling me I need to buy another phone to fly my mini se?  Thank you for your time.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please try to download the updated DJI Fly application from the link below for us to able to see if the issue will persist. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

2022-5-9
Use props
djiuser_pH0Wg00WjUk2
lvl.1
United States

I'm just going to send the drone back. I refuse to pay $400 plus on a drone then have to buy a 4 or 5 hundred dollar phone so I can fly the drone. Yes I have downloaded the app ftom the dhi website downloads page. And it will not work on my phone. Thanks to everyone for trying to help me.
2022-5-9
Use props
djiuser_pH0Wg00WjUk2
lvl.1
United States

I have a samsung s9+ my wife has the s8+ the app works on both phones.
2022-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules