Mini 3 propeller holder
5406 12 2022-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Focus5522
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1437418 ft
United Kingdom

Is DJI not putting a propeller holder with the Mini 3 when you buy it. As all the videos and images I have not seen a propeller holder. I like to use them on my drones when travelling.
2022-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the good old Velcro strap will make a return.  The mini & mini2 had a design flaw which caused a lot of slightly warped props.  The mini2 fixed it on the cheap with the holder rather than a complete redesign.  
2022-5-7
Use props
Focus5522
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1437418 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 10:46
I think the good old Velcro strap will make a return.  The mini & mini2 had a design flaw which caused a lot of slightly warped props.  The mini2 fixed it on the cheap with the holder rather than a complete redesign.

I liked the holder on the mini 2, it helped the props from not getting caught in the bag or my jacket pocket. Like you said it's time for the good old Velcro and some DIY skills to make it neat for travelling.
2022-5-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh, that's a shame, i really like the prop guard...
...ok, let's see some velcro designs, please?
I have some Karrimor trouser belts kicking about, i think those might suffice if i trim one down
2022-5-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 10:46
I think the good old Velcro strap will make a return.  The mini & mini2 had a design flaw which caused a lot of slightly warped props.  The mini2 fixed it on the cheap with the holder rather than a complete redesign.

Where have you seen reports of Mini 2 prop warpage?
With regard the the Mavic Mini I would suggest the flaw was not really in the design of the prop itself but rather in the suggested storage regime. Yes the Mini 2 props are an improvement, stiffer and less easily deformed but the flexibility of the Mavic Mini props is not a problem if the drone is stored in an appropriate manner.
With a modified storage regime my Mavic Minis have not warped any props.
2022-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-7 23:01
With regard the the Mavic Mini I would suggest the flaw was not really in the design of the prop itself but rather in the suggested storage regime. Yes the Mini 2 props are an improvement, stiffer and less easily deformed but the flexibility of the Mavic Mini props is not a problem if the drone is stored in an appropriate manner.

You wont see reports of the Mini2 prop warpage because they fixed the few cases they had with the prop holder and as you say a slight tweak to the blade.
2022-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-7 19:03
Oh, that's a shame, i really like the prop guard...
...ok, let's see some velcro designs, please?
I have some Karrimor trouser belts kicking about, i think those might suffice if i trim one down

They are cheap as chips bashy -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264816807161
2022-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-7 23:01

This video shows the two issue well,    firstly with the way the props can flex and second by the ridge in the case.  

2022-5-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good catch.  Might be time for a DIY fix when I get the Mini 3 Pro as I plan of traveling a lot with it.  
2022-5-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 01:04
This video shows the two issue well,    firstly with the way the props can flex and second by the ridge in the case.  

Thanks but my question related to your saying "& mini2 had a design flaw".

I am aware of the problems with the early? Mavic Mini combo case and there is an even easier solution than that shown in the video, point the rear props forward under the nose/gimbal so that the props do not intermesh. In several of my flymore cases, I have a few, I cut away the forward shoulders of the recesses for the rear motors so that props can point even more forward.
2022-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-8 08:31
Thanks but my question related to your saying "& mini2 had a design flaw".

I am aware of the problems with the early? Mavic Mini combo case and there is an even easier solution than that shown in the video, point the rear props forward under the nose/gimbal so that the props do not intermesh. In several of my flymore cases, I have a few, I cut away the forward shoulders of the recesses for the rear motors so that props can point even more forward.

Yes,  the video demonstrates how's the props can be flexed when the arms are folded,   to protect that from happening they include a cover with the mini2 instead of making the bottom flat.
2022-5-8
Use props
djiuser_YqUv9ZUnv9ll
lvl.1
United States

eBay has some custom molded ones. The one I bought is titled

For DJI Mini 3 Pro Drone 3D Propeller Blades Paddle Fixing Holder Props Black

DJI won't let me post the link .
2022-5-24
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really thought the Mini 2 prop holder was well designed piece of equipment.  Shame DJI decided not to include one this time.  I think they're especially useful with mini drones and their delicate props.  The Nano even comes with one.
2022-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules