DJI FPV Anti-collision Lights (US)
2284 4 2022-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Certified Aerials
lvl.2
United States

I'm Part 107 looking to fly my FPV after the end civil twilight i.e. at night and be compliant with FAA regulations. The OEM lights on the body seem brighter than other DJI drones – are they anti-collision?

If not, I'm looking for a resource for purchasing anti-collision lights and placement on the DJI FPV body specifically.
2022-5-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Certified Aerials. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI FPV and uses and anti-collision lights  can give out the best information and recommendation with regard to this inquiry. Just a reminder that 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work but however, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2022-5-9
Use props
Certified Aerials
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-9 00:18
Hello there Certified Aerials. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI FPV and uses and anti-collision lights  can give out the best information and recommendation with regard to this inquiry. Just a reminder that 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work but however, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

Based on your response I'm gathering that the lights on the body are not FAA compliant as anti-collision?
2022-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dont the lights need to be visible from 3 miles in the USA so they would not be sufficient.   51 Drones did a good review on the strobes recently.  
2022-5-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, the OEM lights on the body do not meet FAA requirements for anti-collision lights at night.

This is a great article for resource.  Hope it helps.
2022-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules