3322 33 2022-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191184 ft
Malaysia

Hi

I have tried to read and rest but still the pictures that I take at flight for my Air 2 S is not sync to my phone. Weill with the same, my Mini 2 sync well. Checking the Fly App, I see the videos not the pictures. I am using Iphone 11 and I have updated with the latest version for both Phone and Air2s.

Is this this a bug, known issues or it is to perform poor like this (planned poor performance)?

At the same location vertical flight with clear air space I had loss of signal twice with blank screen. I used to test my Mini 2 at the same spot. Mini had no issue but Air2 has.

Advise please?
2022-5-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we double confirm that you mean the button "Auto Sync HS Photo" on DJI Air 2s? If yes, please kindly note that to guarantee your usage experience, DJI temporarily removes this feature. Our engineers are working on determining the reason for this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Besides, for the disconnection you mentioned, it is recommended to replace the flight environment to perform a flight test. If replace more flight environment, it still has disconnected issue occurs with short distance, please refresh the firmware version and relink.
2022-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This has been broken in the fly app for some time now,  nothing your doing wrong.
2022-5-9
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-9 02:09
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we double confirm that you mean the button "Auto Sync HS Photo" on DJI Air 2s? If yes, please kindly note that to guarantee your usage experience, DJI temporarily removes this feature. Our engineers are working on determining the reason for this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Besides, for the disconnection you mentioned, it is recommended to replace the flight environment to perform a flight test. If replace more flight environment, it still has disconnected issue occurs with short distance, please refresh the firmware version and relink.

This is absurd - this feature has been broken on the Air 2S since I got it over a year ago. DJI Thor, don't beat around the bush with incorrect advice - either state that it's broken and not going to get fixed, or fix it. There have been 100's of similar posts - fix it. NOW. It works in the DJI Go app, it should be an easy fix - if you're actually interested in fixing it.
2022-5-9
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we double confirm that you mean the button "Auto Sync HS Photo" on DJI Air 2s? If yes, please kindly note that to guarantee your usage experience, DJI temporarily removes this feature. Our engineers are working on determining the reason for this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi, its all about any photo or video that I take. Its not sync to phone. Videos … i can find a low res in the DJI Fly app album but not the photos. So how do we recover the photos if the Drone crash? The purpose of the sync is you have a copy in the phone as a backup. This is disappointing!!!

I tried twice  once it disconnected and the next I had a weak signal. And its a clear vertical fly. I did not have that with Mini 2

My 3rd disappointment is photo has no digital zoom!

All makes it to see Mini 2 is better the Air2 s ?

I want a fix for the Picture / video sync to phone fixed soonest, please.
2022-5-10
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

One more question that I missed, with Mini 2 when I shoot Pano and wide, the files are stored in PANORAMA folder and I can extract and manage the file sequence and build my own with DJI Media Maker.

No here i dont see the folder and I cant find the file sequence
2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-10 08:12
Hi, its all about any photo or video that I take. Its not sync to phone. Videos … i can find a low res in the DJI Fly app album but not the photos. So how do we recover the photos if the Drone crash? The purpose of the sync is you have a copy in the phone as a backup. This is disappointing!!!

I tried twice  once it disconnected and the next I had a weak signal. And its a clear vertical fly. I did not have that with Mini 2

Sorry to hear about that. We have forwarded it to our related team. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-5-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-10 08:19
One more question that I missed, with Mini 2 when I shoot Pano and wide, the files are stored in PANORAMA folder and I can extract and manage the file sequence and build my own with DJI Media Maker.

Could you please provide us with a screenshot for our further confirmation? Thank you.
2022-5-11
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 5-11 03:33
Could you please provide us with a screenshot for our further confirmation? Thank you.

screenshot of a non existence folder ?

And another question why do I have a LOST.DIR directory even after I format the SD Card?

I feel this Air2s has issues and i would ask for a 1:1 replacement
2022-5-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-11 09:10
screenshot of a non existence folder ?

[view_image]

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know can you find them in the DCIM file?
Besides, if it's possible, please try to use another SD card to see if it persists.
2022-5-11
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 5-11 22:10
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know can you find the PANORAMA file in the DCIM file?
Besides, if it's possible, please try to use another SD card to see if it persists.

I have tried 2 SD cards and I have tried format it again
2022-5-12
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know can you find the PANORAMA file in the DCIM file?

DICM only holds the images.

Can I get a replacement I guess this unit has issues
Any one else has this issue?
2022-5-12
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-12 04:55
DICM only holds the images.

Can I get a replacement I guess this unit has issues

I tried again with another SD card, its the same, no PANORAMA folder with images and it did not sync to phone the media and only had the video in the DJI FLY app Album.

And it created LOST.DRI in this SD card too.

Can this be escalated if this level cant answer my questions? I need an answer soon as I have a paid used for this and I did not buy this to be a tester, i have promises that i need to complete.
2022-5-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-12 08:26
I tried again with another SD card, its the same, no PANORAMA folder with images and it did not sync to phone the media and only had the video in the DJI FLY app Album.

Sorry for the late reply. May we know if you can find the original photo of PANORAMA in the DCIM file? Besides, for the sync issue you mentioned above, please kindly note that we temporarily removes this feature. Our engineers are working on determining the reason for this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-13
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-10 08:19

The option to save each image of a panorama is in the menu/options on the lower right of the screen ( where the current shutter speed, etc is shown). Just press that... while in the panorama mode... and it will give you the option to save each image as either jpg or raw/dng. Only by enabling that will it give you that folder.
2022-5-14
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-12 08:26
I tried again with another SD card, its the same, no PANORAMA folder with images and it did not sync to phone the media and only had the video in the DJI FLY app Album.

You can use the Fly app's album to view/ download and share the photos. It does not do it "on the fly" anymore since it was affecting the stability and performance with all that data being transferred while flying. That issue was abundantly clear when the Air2s was first released and I think that stopping that automatic downloading/syncing has been a way to combat/improve that.
2022-5-14
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

jmb63 Posted at 5-14 05:22
The option to save each image of a panorama is in the menu/options on the lower right of the screen ( where the current shutter speed, etc is shown). Just press that... while in the panorama mode... and it will give you the option to save each image as either jpg or raw/dng. Only by enabling that will it give you that folder.

Hi .. yes that is option for the file format only? Usually when pano is shot it will  the individual files in a Panorama folder so that we can download and work on the 3rd party software. That is missing.
2022-5-14
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

jmb63 Posted at 5-14 05:34
You can use the Fly app's album to view/ download and share the photos. It does not do it "on the fly" anymore since it was affecting the stability and performance with all that data being transferred while flying. That issue was abundantly clear when the Air2s was first released and I think that stopping that automatic downloading/syncing has been a way to combat/improve that.

noted that, but the primary reason why the image is sync to phone as we shoot during flight, was as a backup incase we loose the drone and for few other reasons. We can down load after the shoot  but its a risk to put all in one basket that is high up in the sky. Mini 2 can sync ...and if DJI says more advance drone (as they said for the sales ad) cant do it and has issues from the date it was launched, they should have add that in product info, then we have the choice to buy it or not. It looks like as you said  DJI sold us, knowingly and hiding it from the buyer a product that has multiple defect that was not explicitly informed to customer even after a year in production. This they have to recall and refund us !!!!! Misleading and selling a product with known issues  ? Is it not an offence?
2022-5-14
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-14 08:25
noted that, but the primary reason why the image is sync to phone as we shoot during flight, was as a backup incase we loose the drone and for few other reasons. We can down load after the shoot  but its a risk to put all in one basket that is high up in the sky. Mini 2 can sync ...and if DJI says more advance drone (as they said for the sales ad) cant do it and has issues from the date it was launched, they should have add that in product info, then we have the choice to buy it or not. It looks like as you said  DJI sold us, knowingly and hiding it from the buyer a product that has multiple defect that was not explicitly informed to customer even after a year in production. This they have to recall and refund us !!!!! Misleading and selling a product with known issues  ? Is it not an offence?

should I take this up with consumer association ?
2022-5-14
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-14 08:16
Hi .. yes that is option for the file format only? Usually when pano is shot it will  the individual files in a Panorama folder so that we can download and work on the 3rd party software. That is missing.

There IS a setting to save them. Once that is enabled, they will be saved in a panorama folder. I will look at some older posts because I could've sworn I posted a few screenshots of how to access the saving of individual panorama images.
2022-5-15
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-14 08:16
Hi .. yes that is option for the file format only? Usually when pano is shot it will  the individual files in a Panorama folder so that we can download and work on the 3rd party software. That is missing.

I found an old post from this forum where I took some screenshots of the option for the panorama save and choices of file format.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=247582
2022-5-15
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

jmb63 Posted at 5-15 04:48
I found an old post from this forum where I took some screenshots of the option for the panorama save and choices of file format.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=247582

TQ very much First Officer the panorama part is fixed ...i wonder why the DJI service team did not know too. I did not find it in the manual too. Thanks again
2022-5-17
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-17 00:22
TQ very much First Officer  the panorama part is fixed ...i wonder why the DJI service team did not know too. I did not find it in the manual too. Thanks again

any idea why I ger hidden image files with a dot as first letter of a file (media files) in DICM folder and I get a folder "LOST.DIR" ?
2022-5-17
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know can you find them in the DCIM file?

hi Thor, any update on 1. the LOST.DIR folders and some media with a DOT prefix and hidden- this is critical as i dont want to end up having a corrupted media 2. media not sync to phone/DJI FLY APP (this is critical as i will loose the work if it crash else where  3. No Digital Zoom for picture mode. 4. Is it normal the motors get heated up with single flight.

Is there a formal way to raise a complaint ticket that i can use later if I need to take it to consumer complaint tribunal ?
2022-5-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-18 01:06
hi Thor, any update on 1. the LOST.DIR folders and some media with a DOT prefix and hidden- this is critical as i dont want to end up having a corrupted media 2. media not sync to phone/DJI FLY APP (this is critical as i will loose the work if it crash else where  3. No Digital Zoom for picture mode. 4. Is it normal the motors get heated up with single flight.

Is there a formal way to raise a complaint ticket that i can use later if I need to take it to consumer complaint tribunal ?
Sorry to hear about that.

1. Please kindly note that LOST.DIR files are generated by the system which generates even after deleting. For the “some media with a DOT prefix and hidden-”, could you please provide us with a screenshot for our further check? 2. For the Auto Sync HS Photo feature, please kindly note that our team has been working on it and will update the function ASAP. 3. DJI Air 2s doesn't support the zoom function in Photo mode. 4. When the aircraft motor rotates at high speed, there will be a certain degree of heat generation. For example, the temperature of the flight environment is too high, or the motor works under a high load for a long time due to the large flight attitude, which will cause the motor temperature to rise high. This situation is normal.
2022-5-18
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Lost.Dir is an Android system file designed to store and collect corrupted and accidentally deleted data/files.

But it is usually found in Android devices, I have no idea why a drone storage would have it unless there is something to do with the Fly app (Android). But then what about the iOS users? Do their drones also have a Lost.dir created in the cards?
2022-5-18
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

dreamtuner Posted at 5-18 22:32
Lost.Dir is an Android system file designed to store and collect corrupted and accidentally deleted data/files.

But it is usually found in Android devices, I have no idea why a drone storage would have it unless there is something to do with the Fly app (Android). But then what about the iOS users? Do their drones also have a Lost.dir created in the cards?

i m an IOS user and all update IPHONE 11) I still have it. and I see files with (dot) hidden media in DICM folder. Ay issues with Air2 s?
2022-5-19
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 5-18 20:35
Sorry to hear about that.

1. Please kindly note that LOST.DIR files are generated by the system which generates even after deleting. For the “some media with a DOT prefix and hidden-”, could you please provide us with a screenshot for our further check? 2. For the Auto Sync HS Photo feature, please kindly note that our team has been working on it and will update the function ASAP. 3. DJI Air 2s doesn't support the zoom function in Photo mode. 4. When the aircraft motor rotates at high speed, there will be a certain degree of heat generation. For example, the temperature of the flight environment is too high, or the motor works under a high load for a long time due to the large flight attitude, which will cause the motor temperature to rise high. This situation is normal.

Here it is...for point 1 ..i formatted the SD card before shooting again

2. How long it has been going on for last 1 year or more ? and still not fixed? Then should have hold the sales? Knowing it has a major issue and still selling? I was made to understand even Mavic 3 has the same issue? Point 4: i was a straight climb and non windy time. I dont see the same with Mini2
2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-19 06:00
[view_image]
Here it is...for point 1 ..i formatted the SD card before shooting again

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. Please kindly note that we cannot find the DOT file you mentioned in the pic. Could you please provide us with another screenshot?
2022-5-21
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 5-21 04:09
Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. Please kindly note that we cannot find the DOT file you mentioned in the pic. Could you please provide us with another screenshot?

the DOT is a hidden file in DCIM folder. Can explain the LOST.DIR creation. and the SYC of media from drone to Phone.
2022-5-23
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-19 02:17
i m an IOS user and all update IPHONE 11) I still have it. and I see files with (dot) hidden media in DICM folder. Ay issues with Air2 s?

No issues with mine.
2022-5-24
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

dreamtuner Posted at 5-24 00:35
No issues with mine.

thats what surprises me. Maybe @dji needs to replace my Air2s
2022-5-24
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-23 10:20
the DOT is a hidden file in DCIM folder. Can explain the LOST.DIR creation. and the SYC of media from drone to Phone.

can I have the answer of the Estimated time of solution for the media sync to phone soonest please?
2022-5-26
Use props
baronkaz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254541 ft

Lithuania

i have the same problem two years later and still no fix for it?!
4-11 02:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules