Zenmuse P1 Imagery got scrambled
1225 3 2022-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TotalPave
lvl.1

Canada

I was recently collecting some test data with a Zenmuse P1 and the resulting orthomosaics were completely scrambled. I'm curious if anyone can provide insight into what might have happened so I can avoid running into this problem on an actual job.
I've attached a screenshot of the satellite base layer for reference, and the resulting orthomosaic after processing. The individual images themselves appeared to be fine. The following setup/settings were used:

- Equipment: M300 + P1
- Mission type: Mapping
- Altitude: 35m
- Side Overlap: 70%
- Front Overlap: 80%
- Image Format: RAW + JPG
- Time Interval shots
- Software: ESRI Drone2Map (reskinned Pix4D)

I flew a total of 4 missions, 3 of the 4 successfully processed but resulted in a scrambled ortho, and 1 failed due to "innaccurate geographic data" or something along those lines. I noticed during flight, the shutter sound from the remote seemed to be triggering at inconsistant times. You'll notice this was actually the case in the screenshots as the spacing between the blue dots is fairly inconsistent.

This is the first time I had tried RAW+JPG mode and one hunch I had was that there was just too much data being saved at once for the SD card or hardware to keep up, although the SD card is reasonably high quality (Lexar Professional 1667x).

Any thoughts on what might have happened and how it could be avoided in the future?

Satellite Base Layer for Reference

Satellite Base Layer for Reference

Scrambled P1 Imagery

Scrambled P1 Imagery
2022-5-10
Use props
djiuser_CtnA1dwUIJaD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99882 ft
United States

YES! Same. I came here first to see if its a firmware issue or something. My last 2 maps have been messed up like this. We were using the RTK base station both times. Did you?

I am thinking its the RAW+JPG thing. I will turn off RAW and see if it captures correctly.
2023-7-20
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Hello! I did over 200Ha on latest firmware no weird issue...I had one SD issue but replaced the card and it works as expected.

RTK via national NTRIP network, no DRTK used.

Using same Lexar SD as yours.
2023-8-8
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

Switch to JPG's as you have already worked out its because you are saving RAW and JPG for the photos onto a slow card.
2023-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules