"Motors Starting" message while flying
561 5 2022-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Will97214
lvl.1
United States

I'm pretty new to flying drones (about 15 flights)- but recently I was flying it and I noticed a message on the screen: "Motors Starting"

Well, at this point, the drone was about 1500 feet away over the ocean. Insert panicked sounds here.

As far as I can tell, the drone did not plummet or lose control at all, so, the "Motors Starting" message has me puzzled.

I am fairly certain I was not executing a CSC, but had I been, I would have had to stop the motors and then somehow restart them before it fell out of the sky.

This makes me wary to send it out over water again anytime soon, and as I am vacationing in Hawaii right now, that's a bummer- it's why I bought it.

Does anyone have any insights? Thank you!
2022-5-10
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Wow I've never heard of that one. Hopefully someone has and answers quick. But if I where in your shoes I would keep it kind of close and still use it. Keep an eye on the settings
2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Were you able to capture a screenshot with this error message when you experience this during flying? Can you please share it with us for us to check? In addition, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-5-10
Use props
Will97214
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-10 16:36
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Were you able to capture a screenshot with this error message when you experience this during flying? Can you please share it with us for us to check? In addition, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi, sorry, was too busy panicking to ponder a screenshot, and I don't know how to do that with the FPV headset on. I will keep an eye out for it in the future.
2022-5-10
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Will97214 Posted at 5-10 17:00
Hi, sorry, was too busy panicking to ponder a screenshot, and I don't know how to do that with the FPV headset on. I will keep an eye out for it in the future.

Funny thing is I don't think that last messenger knows what hes talking about.
I can pull the data and get an overlay to show the message but as far as I know there's no way to get a screenshot if you're out there flying and it just happens to happen.
But the data is in the flight record if you know how to do an overlay.
2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Will97214 Posted at 5-10 17:00
Hi, sorry, was too busy panicking to ponder a screenshot, and I don't know how to do that with the FPV headset on. I will keep an eye out for it in the future.

Thank you for your response. Please keep us posted if you still experience the said error. You may also perform the IMU calibration to ensure the stability of the unit when flying. Thank you for your valued support and wish you a great day ahead!
2022-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules