Purchase RC Pro or Mini 3 Pro with RC controller (w/screen) bundle?
1469 17 2022-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

So I've been wanting to get the RC Pro to use with my Air 2S, however, it around $1500 AUD.
Now they've just announced the Mini 3 Pro with the RC controller with the screen for around $1239 AUD.

Am I crazy to just get the Mini 3 with the RC controller or am I missing out on killer features that only the RC Pro has?

Any thoughts?

Single SelectVote, Total 10 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2022-5-11
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

I love the RC Pro, but its hard to argue its value is more than the entire package of the Mini 3.

I'm hoping they'll let the Mini 3 work with the RC Pro and then I can grab the remote-less package....
2022-5-11
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I’m sure they will. They did the same thing for the Air 2s but it wasn’t till a few months later.
2022-5-11
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

This is what a DJI staff said when I asked about the RC Pro for the Mini 3 Pro

(The top questions was someone else)
2022-5-11
Use props
DroneTinker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190791 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I bought Mini 3 with the new DJI RC. My main pain point was the phone being busy while flying. Now, that is solved in a super affordable and comfortable way. What could be better?
2022-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini-G Posted at 5-11 09:46
This is what a DJI staff said when I asked about the RC Pro for the Mini 3 Pro

(The top questions was someone else)

The lack of being able to add 3rd party Apps, lack of HDMI out and having only 700 Nits with no outdoor mode is a negative to me.  

I'm hoping they will do a firmware update to the RC Pro to make it backward compatible to the Mini 3 Pro drone.
2022-5-11
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DroneTinker Posted at 5-11 10:39
I bought Mini 3 with the new DJI RC. My main pain point was the phone being busy while flying. Now, that is solved in a super affordable and comfortable way. What could be better?

Has it arrived yet?
2022-5-11
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-11 13:15
The lack of being able to add 3rd party Apps, lack of HDMI out and having only 700 Nits with no outdoor mode is a negative to me.  

I'm hoping they will do a firmware update to the RC Pro to make it backward compatible to the Mini 3 Pro drone.

Hi,

Does 300 Nits make a difference? Also, what is the outdoor mode?

Thanks!
2022-5-11
Use props
DroneTinker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190791 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Mini-G Posted at 5-11 19:22
Has it arrived yet?

May 18 is the delivery
2022-5-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Get the mini 3 and RC bundle. Dji will/should make it work with other OS3 drones as well.
2022-5-11
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DroneTinker Posted at 5-11 23:54
May 18 is the delivery

Not long!! Exciting times!!
2022-5-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mini-G Posted at 5-11 19:24
Hi,

Does 300 Nits make a difference? Also, what is the outdoor mode?

Outdoor mode is where shadow details are enhanced automatically for clear display, even under direct sunlight.  The 300 Nits makes a difference to me in the bright sunshine.  Just like 300 Nits make a big difference on a smartphone's display.  

Some will argue 300 Nits doesn't make a difference and that is fine but to me it does and that is what counts.
2022-5-12
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 04:00
Outdoor mode is where shadow details are enhanced automatically for clear display, even under direct sunlight.  The 300 Nits makes a difference to me in the bright sunshine.  Just like 300 Nits make a big difference on a smartphone's display.  

Some will argue 300 Nits doesn't make a difference and that is fine but to me it does and that is what counts.

I'm going to try and get to a DJI store this weekend and hopefully, they have the RC and RC pro controller on display.

So, if you had the spare cash and didn't have your RC Pro controller, would you buy the Mini 3 Pro RC bundle or stick to purchasing the RC Pro controller?
2022-5-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mini-G Posted at 5-12 04:37
I'm going to try and get to a DJI store this weekend and hopefully, they have the RC and RC pro controller on display.

So, if you had the spare cash and didn't have your RC Pro controller, would you buy the Mini 3 Pro RC bundle or stick to purchasing the RC Pro controller?

Based on the differences in Post 4 I'd stick to buying the RC Pro Controller.  Again, just depends on what you need out of the controller.  I really like have HDMI out capability, addit 3rd party Apps and a full 1000 Nits to name just a few.

However, having said all of that it is still a matter of what fits you and your budget best.  Wishing you the best of luck in your buying decision.  Once you  make the decision, stick with it and don't look back and you'll be fine.
2022-5-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-5-13
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 11:52
Based on the differences in Post 4 I'd stick to buying the RC Pro Controller.  Again, just depends on what you need out of the controller.  I really like have HDMI out capability, addit 3rd party Apps and a full 1000 Nits to name just a few.

However, having said all of that it is still a matter of what fits you and your budget best.  Wishing you the best of luck in your buying decision.  Once you  make the decision, stick with it and don't look back and you'll be fine.

Absolutely!

I went to a DJI store today hope to see the Mini 3 Pro but they said they probably won’t get a demo unit for weeks? WHAT THE?

Anyway, I was actually also hoping they would have the RC Pro on display but nope! They said they can’t open one as it would start the warranty process?? Also what the?

I really hoped to see the the screen and what 1000 nits looked like…
2022-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mini-G Posted at 5-14 08:40
Absolutely!

I went to a DJI store today hope to see the Mini 3 Pro but they said they probably won’t get a demo unit for weeks? WHAT THE?

I was fortunate as before I bought the RC Pro a fellow pilot had one and I was able to compare it to using my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.  The S21 has a bright screen but the Outdoor mode on the RC Pro won me over.  
2022-5-15
Use props
fans17d4267c
lvl.1

United States

I too would love to see this controller compatible with air 2s
2022-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules