RC Pro Micro SD Card Storage
2106 3 2022-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

What are some use cases for the micro sd card storage on the DJI RC Pro controller?  From what I understand (which isn't much), the RC Pro stores "preview" videos of what is already being stored onto your Mavic 3 drone.  It already comes w/ 32 GB built in (probably a bit less due to OS and Apps). I have a 512GB in my Mavic 3. What is recommeded storage size for the RC Pro controller if I consistently fill up the 512GB on the drone?  I'm not sure why you would want so many "preview" (I assume low resolution/quality) videos on the controller.

Thank you in advance for your responses.
2022-5-12
Use props
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

I guess no one knows the purpose of having a microSD slot in the RC Pro controller?
2022-5-14
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Things you might store on the storage card (within fly app/drone only, there are tons of android apps you can use on the RC Pro that can  use the storage card):

1) The video cache from the drone.  As you noted, these will not be the full resolution videos if you are  shooting at higher than 1080P.  Good cache to have though in case you need to view footage
2) High Resolution photos automatically - you can auto download the high resolution photos via a setting in the fly app
3) Full resolution videos/photos you want to download to the controller when connected to the drone.  Personally, I usually take the SD card out of the drone and move it to my computer for quickest file transfer, but for people who want to throw something up on youtube or social media quickly, you can download from drone to controller and then use an app to post it without moving SD cards or using a computer
4)Screen recordings/snap shots-- don't think (could be wrong haven't tried in a couple months) DJI enabled screen recording directly to the SD card yet, but you can screen record to internal storage and then copy that file to the SD card.

2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

JEZ2 Posted at 5-14 11:36
Things you might store on the storage card (within fly app/drone only, there are tons of android apps you can use on the RC Pro that can  use the storage card):

1) The video cache from the drone.  As you noted, these will not be the full resolution videos if you are  shooting at higher than 1080P.  Good cache to have though in case you need to view footage

Thank you so much for the detailed response JEZ2!  I didn't know the photos were high res when transferred to the controller. Good to know!  Number 3 is a pretty cool use case if you don't have your computer available.
2022-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules