1755 27 2022-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8429108 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Hopefully confirmation that new DJI RC from Mini 3 Pro will be compatible with Mavic 3 as well.

IMHO it should be standard remote for Mavic 3 out of the box since beginning instead of RC-N1.

DJI RC.jpg
DJI RC tweet.jpg
2022-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Its also mentioned in an article in DroneXL so looks like it will be available. But it should be discounted for those bought the standard controller already.
2022-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

51 drones just put out a short about compatibility of the remotes, and one thing he said was the RC Pro will never be compatible with the Mini 3,  but this remote will support Mavic Air2S and Mavic 3.
2022-5-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 00:11
51 drones just put out a short about compatibility of the remotes, and one thing he said was the RC Pro will never be compatible with the Mini 3,  but this remote will support Mavic Air2S and Mavic 3.

Not what I wanted to hear about the RC Pro.  
2022-5-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 00:11
51 drones just put out a short about compatibility of the remotes, and one thing he said was the RC Pro will never be compatible with the Mini 3,  but this remote will support Mavic Air2S and Mavic 3.

He did say it would never be compatible, but on questioning he said it was only his opinion. It doesn’t make any sense not to make it compatible with RC pro.
2022-5-13
Use props
Hans Groover
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-5-13
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a big non-sense from DJI. The flagship remote controller will not be compatible with smallest drone and the smallest drone RC controller will be compatible with the flagship drone. How non-sense (stupid) this sounds.

The DJI marketing department is doing really wrong. If DJI want to keep in business they better fix this non-sense strategy because they are loosing many customers. I am not buying the Mini3 for all this.
First they sell the (flagship) RC-Pro separate from the Mavic 3 in $1200 (i purchase everything separate) The Mavic 3 FMC with a super $319 unnecessary bag for $2999.98. Then they sell the MA2S with the RC Pro included for $1749. I pay $1200 for my RC-PRO that is a lack of respect for the customer. In top of this, they sell the Mavic 3 (flagship drone) with an RC-N1 controller, the same that came with the cheapest DJI Mini 2.

And now they sell the Mini 3 with an smart controller compatible with the flagship drone but the flagship controller can not control the other drones. THIS IS NON SENSE DJI !!!!

Lesson learned. I do not support your products anymore unless this stupidity is corrected.
2022-5-13
Use props
Hans Groover
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 02:37
Not what I wanted to hear about the RC Pro.

Its possible he's wrong DT,
2022-5-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-13 03:07
He did say it would never be compatible, but on questioning he said it was only his opinion. It doesn’t make any sense not to make it compatible with RC pro.

I would have bought a RC Pro at launch for the Mini3 so they are loosing a sale from me on this one.
2022-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 00:14
Its possible he's wrong DT,

Man, I certainly hope so.
2022-5-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-14 05:31
Man, I certainly hope so.

Me too,  I was going to pick up a RC Pro for mine.   I guess I will wait for now.
2022-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 00:04
Me too,  I was going to pick up a RC Pro for mine.   I guess I will wait for now.

Probably the best is to wait.  I chatted with DJI Support yesterday and they anticipate I should receive the Mini 3 pro and controller by June 11.  So grandson will be relegated to signing for it.  I told him he could unbox it and charge up the battery in the drone and the remote and then update the FW for both.  He then asked if he should also test it's airworthiness.  Smart kid, just wanted to get a flight or two in. I told him no problem.  
2022-5-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 04:48
Probably the best is to wait.  I chatted with DJI Support yesterday and they anticipate I should receive the Mini 3 pro and controller by June 11.  So grandson will be relegated to signing for it.  I told him he could unbox it and charge up the battery in the drone and the remote and then update the FW for both.  He then asked if he should also test it's airworthiness.  Smart kid, just wanted to get a flight or two in. I told him no problem.

I guess he wants the forum badge for it too.  
2022-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 23:05
I guess he wants the forum badge for it too.

I'm sure he does but he will have to wait until after his birthday.  He will activate mine under my account - at least I hope that is the plan.    He doesn't come on the forum yet as he has too many competing events (school homework, karate, gokart races, motorcycle races).  He will watch some of the videos with me when he comes over on the weekends.  
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 03:25
I'm sure he does but he will have to wait until after his birthday.  He will activate mine under my account - at least I hope that is the plan.    He doesn't come on the forum yet as he has too many competing events (school homework, karate, gokart races, motorcycle races).  He will watch some of the videos with me when he comes over on the weekends.

You need to leave him a list of things to do,    not forgetting the big firmware update thats already dropped.
2022-5-16
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

They really should make the new RC compatible with Mavic Air 2 and Mini 2.
I feel that the Mavic Air 2 has been left out recently on new updates/features, I know it's not the newest drone, but still, it is nice to have compatibility with DJI RC (the new one, not the pro, or smart controller).
DJI needs to think that there are still people flying the Air 2 and Mini 2, and they would love to buy the new RC to go with the drone, that's the case for me too.
2022-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:07
You need to leave him a list of things to do,    not forgetting the big firmware update thats already dropped.

For sure I'll leave him a to do list.  
2022-5-17
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
lvl.4
Vietnam

Just saw the new firmware update for DJI RC pro

Hope it will make the same for DJI RC to make it support for Mavic 3
2022-5-19
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

DJI RC and DJI RC Pro should both support as much device as possible. So people can deside which one to buy. Personally i have Iphone Pro for better screen and better camera. This will be same for DJI, for better screen and better device performance.

MA2 still need to be supported by both smart controller. As a MA2 owner, i would like to see a good support from DJI. Sell and forget is not a good way of business.
2022-5-19
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

viet.trandinhtruc Posted at 5-19 02:20
Just saw the new firmware update for DJI RC pro
[view_image]
Hope it will make the same for DJI RC to make it support for Mavic 3

That is NOT a firmware update, that is a DJI Fly App update. I have seen a ton of people in various places who dont seem to understand the difference, and read these update notes thinking the RC Pro now works with mini 3 pro. This is not the case. The update notes here simply mean the dji fly app has been updated to add support for mini 3 pro. Also please note in parenthesis they try to clarify and say "Compatible with DJI RC and DJI RC-N1 Remote controller" but people still miss that.
2022-5-19
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 5-19 06:57
That is NOT a firmware update, that is a DJI Fly App update. I have seen a ton of people in various places who dont seem to understand the difference, and read these update notes thinking the RC Pro now works with mini 3 pro. This is not the case. The update notes here simply mean the dji fly app has been updated to add support for mini 3 pro. Also please note in parenthesis they try to clarify and say "Compatible with DJI RC and DJI RC-N1 Remote controller" but people still miss that.

That remains me when the DJI Fly app update was showing back in the days the Mavic 3 on the Smart controller and people was asking if will be possible to bind it.

Later DJI in an update removed the Mavic 3 from the app i guess for the same confusion is happening now.
2022-5-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That looks promising!
2022-5-25
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8429108 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

It's incoming...

2022-6-28
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tornado12 Posted at 5-19 06:57

I believe that you are correct. The device (Drone management) Is outside of the DJI Fly App.

It requires a DJI Fly and Base Firmware update.

2022-6-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

confirmed (rc should now work with m3).  will there be a kit?  i dunno.
2022-6-30
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I must say that I like the reliability of IOS a lot more than Android. When I see some of my friends struggling with the settings of their Android devices I'm glad I have an iPad for my Mavic3. On top of that the screen is bigger AND brighter than the RC Pro. I used the RC PRO for two weeks and sent it back.
I leave the iPad on the RC-N1 all the time, as it is not used for anything else then flying the Mavic.
2022-6-30
Use props
silentdrummer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 773619 ft
  • >>>
Austria

@DJI: will there be a bundle with Mavic 3 and DJI RC? if yes, when?
2022-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules