Quick Transfer not working, WiFi network not generated?
1968 20 2022-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_U7TPuIIz3YGS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45200 ft
Italy

Hi, i'm a new owner of DJI Mini 2 and i cannot get Quick Transfer to work. Granted my smartphone is not in the list of compatible devices with DJI Fly app, I still would like to make sure the problem is not on the drone side.
It is my understanding that when you press the button on the drone's tail for two seconds it will enter Quick Transfer mode and generate a WiFi network named after the drone. My drone enters Quick Transfer mode correctly (leds pulsing blue) but i cannot find any WiFi network.

So, am i correct in assuming somwthing is wrong with my drone?

I'm using Sony Xperia 5 II with Android 12.
Latest firmware on the drone.

Latest App version.

Thank You!

2022-5-13
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Have you tried with the drone powered up then hold the button? TBH even when out it the wilderness I was still getting a high interference error using an iPhone from the approved list.
2022-5-14
Use props
Alex2504
lvl.1
Italy

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 5-14 01:31
Have you tried with the drone powered up then hold the button? TBH even when out it the wilderness I was still getting a high interference error using an iPhone from the approved list.

Ok, i always turn on the drone before pressing the Quick transfer button. Otherwise nothing happens.

Thanks
2022-5-15
Use props
marsman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11050 ft
Germany

Hello, i have the same problem on my Motorola moto g pro with Android 11. This phone is not in the compatibily list. I use version 1.6.1 of the DJI Fly App.

I have shown many quick transfer tutorials but it not working on me. I tested first start the app on mobile phone and then go in drone quick transfare mode and the other way round. Allways no connection. When i search wifi networks no dji network found. Wifi and bluetooth on my mobile is on. My drone enters Quick Transfer mode correctly (leds pulsing blue) and first it beeps once and then twice. The problem is the same with and without DJI Controller.

Best regards
2022-5-17
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Assuming you have the DJI Fly app open on the phone?

In the app, go to the Album (Button in the bottom left of the screen.) then hit the lightning bolt in the top right of the screen. Does your drone show up there?
2022-5-17
Use props
Alex2504
lvl.1
Italy

blue_canyon21 Posted at 5-17 07:15
Assuming you have the DJI Fly app open on the phone?

In the app, go to the Album (Button in the bottom left of the screen.) then hit the lightning bolt in the top right of the screen. Does your drone show up there?

It doesn't. And if i use that icon to enter Quick transfer mode it says the procedure failed.
But my main question is: Should i be able to see a wifi network when the drone is in Quick transfer mode?
2022-5-17
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

Alex2504 Posted at 5-17 07:58
It doesn't. And if i use that icon to enter Quick transfer mode it says the procedure failed.
But my main question is: Should i be able to see a wifi network when the drone is in Quick transfer mode?

I had to go test it.

Yes, it does put out a WiFi network called 'DJI Mini 2'
2022-5-17
Use props
Alex2504
lvl.1
Italy

blue_canyon21 Posted at 5-17 08:39
I had to go test it.

Yes, it does put out a WiFi network called 'DJI Mini 2'

Thank You so much mate!

Then there's probably something wrong with my drone
Whatever...it flies amazing, that's enough for me i guess.
2022-5-17
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

Alex2504 Posted at 5-17 09:14
Thank You so much mate!

Then there's probably something wrong with my drone

Yeah, this is actually only the second time I've used Quick Transfer since I bought the drone over a year ago.
2022-5-17
Use props
fansf0267c91
lvl.1
Germany

> Does your drone show up there?

No.

> Yes, it does put out a WiFi network called 'DJI Mini 2'

Not by me.

What happens when you search new bluetooth devices on your mobil phone? Found your phone the drone when it is in QT-mode?

2022-5-17
Use props
Alex2504
lvl.1
Italy

fansf0267c91 Posted at 5-17 21:38
> Does your drone show up there?

No.

I don't see any bluetooth signal as well.
Seems like we are already two people with the same issue.
2022-5-18
Use props
marsman
lvl.1
Germany

When I read in other forums there are more people with the same problem but no solution.
2022-5-18
Use props
Galipec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11827 ft
Canada

I just purchased a mini 2 and when I try to quick download it says that the drone is already connected to another device.  I turn it off and restart the process and get the same message when I try and connect.  Any thoughts?
2022-5-19
Use props
marsman
lvl.1
Germany

Is this a new drone or second hand?
2022-5-22
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Galipec Posted at 5-19 13:52
I just purchased a mini 2 and when I try to quick download it says that the drone is already connected to another device.  I turn it off and restart the process and get the same message when I try and connect.  Any thoughts?

I had that happen to me, and it was picking up the neighbor's Bluetooth.  I tested next day, and it found DJI Mini2.  However now I am having problems connecting the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth today.
2022-5-23
Use props
Galipec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11827 ft
Canada

Gave up all together and purchased a SD card reader for the MAC.  Now I just plug the card into the laptop and have a much bigger screen to view pictures and videos
2022-5-25
Use props
djiuser_CmRl7w8MEx1U
New
Flight distance : 23 ft
Poland

Did anyone find a solution ? I’ve just purchased mini 2 and also after turning on Wi-Fi mode in my drone no Wi-Fi network is generated. I do not see the drone from any devices (iPhone, tablet etc). Is this a hardware issue ?

From the other side do I need this Wi-Fi mode for anything ? I can send photos to mobile phones through the cable.
2022-5-29
Use props
Alex2504
lvl.1
Italy

djiuser_CmRl7w8MEx1U Posted at 5-29 00:02
Did anyone find a solution ? I’ve just purchased mini 2 and also after turning on Wi-Fi mode in my drone no Wi-Fi network is generated. I do not see the drone from any devices (iPhone, tablet etc). Is this a hardware issue ?

From the other side do I need this Wi-Fi mode for anything ? I can send photos to mobile phones through the cable.

I don't think anyone has found a workaround yet.

If DJI could weigh in it would be nice.
2022-5-29
Use props
fansa62031c4
lvl.1
Germany

With the latest update of the app and the drone firmware, the quick transfer works for me.
2022-6-23
Use props
Alex2504
lvl.1
Italy

fansa62031c4 Posted at 6-23 05:33
With the latest update of the app and the drone firmware, the quick transfer works for me.
The issue is fixed with the latest firmware and app update for me as well.
2022-6-23
Use props
Brighteyes72
New
United States

Is this a Problem again with iPhone and iPad? Just got the drone yesterday but I cant connect to with any of the iPhones or iPads using quick transfer. It will say unable to join the network and that the drone is paired with a different phone. It also get very hot and fast wile I have it setting on my desk trying to get it to work. Please help is there something wrong with the drone?
2022-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules